• October 12, 2015 at 8:24 pm #23640
    October 12, 2015 at 8:34 pm #23643
    stonehearted
    Participant

Cigarettes and booze? They’re not partying hard, they’re just unwinding from the hours-long rush of adrenaline from a show.

But from that link provided, I’m afraid I got a bit distracted by that Esquire magazine piece in the middle at the top of the load-in page. Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a copy of the August 1993 issue of Esquire?

October 12, 2015 at 8:54 pm #23647
    Naturalust
    Participant

LOL. Marlboros, room service, dry cleaning  and alcohol…plus written instructions for all the electronics in the room? These guys sound like they are winding down with a drink, a smoke a meal  and good movie….hardly pure rock and roll.  Tim is probably more rock and roll than the Stones these days.  😉

I’ve seen some tour riders in my day and this is pretty mild stuff. The Allman Brothers used to be known for the most outrageous ones back in the day. There used to be some good entertaining riders published on The Smoking Gun.

I imagine the cigs are Keith and Ronnie’s, the bar is all Keith, and that Mick’s input would be considerably more health conscious, perhaps a 24 hour masseur on call, fresh flowers, organic snacks and 24 hour access to the gym.

October 13, 2015 at 5:02 am #23660
    Dreamer
    Participant

The bar was rarely frequented by KR or any of the core members the last twenty years or so. However the rest of the band like Lisa, Bernard, Blondie, Bobby & all the others and PA’s like Tony & Roy were there quite often to have fun and drink a few drinks and eat french fries and things like that.

October 13, 2015 at 10:09 am #23674
    Anonymous

Amateurs.

Thanks.
    Tim

October 13, 2015 at 10:19 am #23675
    D
    Keymaster

Anyone have any backstage stories to share?

October 13, 2015 at 11:09 am #23677
    Anonymous

None that you would let me tell on this forum.
    Tim

October 13, 2015 at 11:22 am #23679
    Nikkei
    Participant

here’s the back of the stage. it’s not even that interesting

October 13, 2015 at 12:32 pm #23691
    D
    Keymaster

Thats gotta be the Rio stage.  Love the wall of LED lights.  Also anyone who works in A/V will note how clean those racks are.  They have it down to a science.

October 13, 2015 at 2:30 pm #23699
    CR
    Participant

Thats gotta be the Rio stage. Love the wall of LED lights. Also anyone who works in A/V will note how clean those racks are. They have it down to a science.

Not Rio but the Westpac Stadium in Wellington, New Zealand. 😉

Gonna find my way to heaven, 'cause I did my time in hell

October 14, 2015 at 8:33 pm #23838
    alieb
    Participant

lol electronics instructions, ciggs and alcohol? That rider screams Keith to me.

just trying to do my jigsaw puzzle before it rains!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.