• October 6, 2017 at 2:56 pm #71026
    Marianita
    Participant

I think they are having fun and they laugh all the way to the bank. i like what they do but it seems like some don’t want them to tour. Please tell us, tour or not?

statistic:

Tour 1p

Not tour 0p

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 6, 2017 at 6:18 pm #71034
    StrongBeach
    Participant

They should tour until one of them drops … or craps himself on stage.

October 6, 2017 at 7:30 pm #71038
    andrew t
    Participant

Oh yeah, why not keep on doing it?

I’d love a run of dignified lower key shows, but the reality is: the “Stones” need the distractions of the big crowd/big stage/big screens to maintain something of an illusion while the hired hands do most of the work.

I know from arena shows that I saw from the very back of the floors, that it’s a lot easier to miss the mistakes or non-playing ( because you’re trying to take in so much at once- the vibe, the little parts of songs you like, the big picture) subsequently  there are moments that stand out when you try and make Keith out in the mix just as he plays a totally Keith chord and in that instant it’s THE BEST. (Watch it later online a bit removed and its yikes.)

If people pay top dollar for that and have fun, great.

But, from the heart, I’d rather they cap it off in another kind of way or not bother.

October 7, 2017 at 4:32 am #71051
    keefriffhards
    Participant

I agree with Andrew on this topic.

Just to add that i still feel proud that they are out there touring, admittedly its a bit of a freak show because of how old they are and look.. But its commendable that they are still all committed to touring on this scale with huge audiences.

The only real problem i have with them continuing is watching my hero Keith grow old and deteriorate in front of my eyes over the last decade. Seeing him walking slow and amble along making big mistakes and playing with such economy is very difficult for me.

I would have been happier seeing Keith tour as a solo artist singing ballads and old standards on acoustic at this stage in his career. Sure throw in some up tempo Rockers here and there, it would have made for another dimension to Keith as an artist. As for the other three , the Stones is the only way they can shine and earn top money so that’s why we still have them touring.

October 7, 2017 at 5:46 am #71052
    Stoneburst
    Participant

If they want keep on playing until they drop, and people want to carry on paying to see them, that’s fine, but I do wish they’d scale it down a bit. The problem isn’t that they’re still touring, it’s that they’re charging so much for the tickets and still doing the whole stadium rock, greatest rock’n’roll band in the world thing despite the declining technical level of the shows. That’s when it becomes undignified. A combination of lower ticket prices, smaller venues and more acoustic music would work wonders for them (and for Keith in particular – his current problems on stage are cruelly exposed by the nature of the show they put on).

October 7, 2017 at 6:49 am #71054
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Hey Stoneburst nice to have you back. Hope you are well now. Be careful when re entering the ring, this is addictive lol.

Sometimes i read my posts on these two forums and laugh out load that all us nutters keep talking about the Stones. Its insanity. I’ve promised my self a long break from this when i get back on my feet. If it is a lunatic asylum its probably best to come back as a visitor rather than an inmate. That’s my advise to myself btw, not to you.

October 7, 2017 at 10:31 am #71057
    StrongBeach
    Participant

Hey Stoneburst nice to have you back. Hope you are well now. Be careful when re entering the ring, this is addictive lol. Sometimes i read my posts on these two forums and laugh out load that all us nutters keep talking about the Stones. Its insanity. I’ve promised my self a long break from this when i get back on my feet. If it is a lunatic asylum its probably best to come back as a visitor rather than an inmate. That’s my advise to myself btw, not to you.

Just be sure you don’t step outta line, boy … or, like some of us here, you’ll soon have only one forum to worry about posting on!

October 7, 2017 at 11:31 am #71063
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Hey Stoneburst nice to have you back. Hope you are well now. Be careful when re entering the ring, this is addictive lol. Sometimes i read my posts on these two forums and laugh out load that all us nutters keep talking about the Stones. Its insanity. I’ve promised my self a long break from this when i get back on my feet. If it is a lunatic asylum its probably best to come back as a visitor rather than an inmate. That’s my advise to myself btw, not to you.

Just be sure you don’t step outta line, boy … or, like some of us here, you’ll soon have only one forum to worry about.

Every time an artist brings out a new album, i always ask myself how many copies would they sell if the label didn’t have a name to it. Would many people have brought A Bigger Bang had they not known it was the Rolling Stones but had equal promotion. Its far better to reinvent yourself i think, like how Bowie did, he was always forgiven for his deterioration as an artist because he dressed it up as something else.

Just as Longbeach becomes Strongbeach,  your avatar alone changes our perception of your writing, and in return, can change the authors writing as he gets a different reaction to his writing.

October 7, 2017 at 12:01 pm #71065
    StrongBeach
    Participant

Strongbeach might be a completely different experience for you , but its the beach that gives you away my friend . Had you come back to iorr with a user name like ”ilovethisband” it would insure you would never get banned again hehe

Naw, it was never my intention to reinvent myself. I wasn’t hiding anything; the Strongbeach cognomen was just derived from Socrates’ calling me Longbranch over on IORR. I’m too stubborn and hold too dearly my grudges to try to sneak back into a place that threw me out … that door is closed … that’s a community, alas, for people willing to behave themselves.

BTW, your line “he was always forgiven for his deterioration as an artist because he dressed it up as something else” is quite possibly the most concise and damning criticism I’ve ever read of DB. I disagree with your assessment entirely, of course, but that is one blistering review, son!

October 7, 2017 at 12:18 pm #71068
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Strongbeach might be a completely different experience for you , but its the beach that gives you away my friend . Had you come back to iorr with a user name like ”ilovethisband” it would insure you would never get banned again hehe

Naw, it was never my intention to reinvent myself. I wasn’t hiding anything; the Strongbeach cognomen was just derived from Socrates’ calling me Longbranch over on IORR. I’m too stubborn and hold too dearly my grudges to try to sneak back into a place that threw me out … that door is closed … that’s a community, alas, for people willing to behave themselves. BTW, your line “he was always forgiven for his deterioration as an artist because he dressed it up as something else” is quite possibly the most concise and damning criticism I’ve ever read of DB. I disagree with your assessment entirely, of course, but that is one blistering review, son!

Like when Bowie reinvented himself into this collaboration with the band Tin Machine,  to my mind that was dressing up his lack of inspiration into that band, looking back it  disguised the fact that this was a very low point in Bowie’s career as a creative force and as an artist.  I think he covered himself, it offset critical repercussions. Instead of thinking Bowie was crap, we blamed Tin Machine .

October 7, 2017 at 2:00 pm #71070
    Stoneburst
    Participant

I’m much better now, thanks Riffy, and it’s good to be back (and to find you, ‘nita, Longbeach, Andrew et al still hanging in there).

October 7, 2017 at 5:02 pm #71071
    Marianita
    Participant

Good to hear, Stoneburst 🙂 and nice to “see” you back here

statistic so far:

Tour:4

Not tour:0

Stoneburst, whats your opinion? tour or not tour 😉

October 7, 2017 at 5:03 pm #71072
    Marianita
    Participant

Does it really matter, there will always be some live Stones music out there

October 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm #71078
    Stoneburst
    Participant

Good to hear, Stoneburst 🙂 and nice to “see” you back here statistic so far: Tour:4 Not tour:0 Stoneburst, whats your opinion? tour or not tour 😉

I vote tour, they’re not doing anyone any harm

October 7, 2017 at 6:30 pm #71079
    Marianita
    Participant

Good to hear, Stoneburst 🙂 and nice to “see” you back here statistic so far: Tour:4 Not tour:0 Stoneburst, whats your opinion? tour or not tour 😉

I vote tour, they’re not doing anyone any harm

That’s a very good answer 🙂

Tour:5

October 7, 2017 at 9:50 pm #71082
    SelenePhoenix
    Participant

Tour

October 8, 2017 at 4:43 am #71086
    Marianita
    Participant

Tour

Thank you, and have a good show in Arnhem, and thank you for scoping, i’ll be there, thanks to you 🙂

Tour:6

Not tour.0

Arnhem Gelredome is a high tech stadium,nice

Hotel Arnhem vlakbij Gelredome | Landgoed Groot Warnsborn

Aerial view of Gelredome

October 8, 2017 at 7:25 am #71101
    tauk
    Participant

tour

stick your hand in your heart, spill it all over the stage, stick a knife in your heart, we won’t think you’re insane, not insaaaaaaane. sing a love song so divine, it will satisfy us, it will ease our pain, ease the paaaaaain.

thanks stones. really.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

October 8, 2017 at 11:53 am #71104
    Marianita
    Participant

Thank you, Tauk

Tour:7

October 9, 2017 at 9:06 am #71137
    jasona93
    Participant

Tour! They’re gonna do it anyways 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.