• October 14, 2015 at 7:17 pm #23833
    Swiss
    Participant

hi there,

Hope it doesn’t cheese people off that I am asking for assistance.

I’ll offer up “content” soon enough 🙂

I am trying to find a video clip of an interview in which KR mentions a point in time when culture went from black-and-white to -*POW!*- technicolor.

I don’t believe that Keith said it first, but I love the point he is making, and there’s nothing like Keith making a point.

Any ideas? I feel I’ve seen/heard this a hundred times, but now that I want it, can’t locate it.

thanks!

swiss

strawberries *and* blueberries

October 14, 2015 at 7:21 pm #23834
    stonehearted
    Participant

Wherever the clip is, he was talking about the arrival of Elvis. Here’s the quote:

“Before Elvis, everything was in black and white. Then came Elvis. Zoom, glorious Technicolor.”

October 14, 2015 at 7:25 pm #23835
    stonehearted
    Participant

And here, I found it… It’s from the Classic Albums series.

October 14, 2015 at 7:31 pm #23836
    Swiss
    Participant

stonehearted — wowza thank you!

Exactly what I was looking for.  And the video quality is great, so even better!

thanks again

swiss

October 15, 2015 at 12:03 am #23840
    D
    Keymaster

I have never seen that clip.. That was stellar.

October 15, 2015 at 5:39 pm #23996
    Swiss
    Participant

I remember going through this entire documentary on youtube just looking at the Keith clips. It’s certainly a worthwhile documentary way beyond that, I’m sure, but I was of course interested in Keith 🙂

I know Keith has said this in other filmed interviews…anyone else have any sense where/when?

thanks again, Stonehearted!

swiss

October 15, 2015 at 6:03 pm #23999
    stonehearted
    Participant

Glad I could help out, Swiss. If you’ll notice, the quote I originally transcribed does not match exactly the way Keith says it in the video from my following post.

The way he says it here —  “Before Elvis, everything was in black and white. Then came Elvis. Zoom, glorious Technicolor.” — was widely quoted in at least half a dozen online article or blog sources, which leads me to conclude that this quote is taken from a more recent and widely known documentary source than the Classic Albums doc on Elvis. So, if I had to guess, I would say that it likely comes from Crossfire Hurricane. I haven’t seen this in a while, but I may give that one another viewing this evening, as I think I’ll relax with a few beers later on, so if no one else tracks down the source of this exact quote tonight, I’ll report back in the wee hours to let you know whether or not it comes from that doc.

October 15, 2015 at 6:42 pm #24003
    Anonymous

Not Crossfire Hurricane. The one I saw also had Keith talking about his mum giving him his first good review. KR had been sitting on his steps and his mother thought the radio was on and found out it was Keith.
    In this interview Keith gave the Elvis Technicolor line. Could be two separate interviews. Let me think about. I usually know where Stones interviews are right off the top of my head. Maybe I smoke too much weed (nah).

Thanks.
    Tim

October 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm #24034
    Swiss
    Participant

Thank you so much, stonehearted and Tim — really appreciate it!

best

swiss

October 15, 2015 at 8:57 pm #24035
    CR
    Participant

On this documentary he says that line again – from 8:25 onwards.

Gonna find my way to heaven, 'cause I did my time in hell

October 15, 2015 at 9:09 pm #24036
    Swiss
    Participant

Thank you, CR!

And now, for whatever reason, I think I might be remembering another place — on KeithRichards.com, one of those “ask Keith” segments.

thanks again!

swiss

October 15, 2015 at 11:09 pm #24046
    Z
    Participant

I think he mentioned the ‘b/w to technicolor’ in 25×5.

October 16, 2015 at 3:05 am #24049
    stonehearted
    Participant

Swiss, in that Life documentary/interview, that’s still not the exact quote. And, as was pointed out, it wasn’t in Crossfire Hurricane, which was just a Stones bubble. So, anyway, I’ve had a lovely 8-beer evening anyway of Crossfire Hurricane, and then for a time capsule watched Gimme Shelter, and then for the last beer and a half had an episode of That Girl and then The Odd Couple.

As has been suggested, it might have been in 25X5, but I don’t remember it having been in there. But here’s a link to where you can watch 25X5 online: http://watchdocumentary.org/watch/25×5-the-continuing-adventures-of-the-rolling-stones-episode-2-part-12-video_39fbe1732.html

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.