What's you're favourite Keith performance……

• September 17, 2018 at 6:56 am #74624
    Marianita
    Participant

…….outside the Stones, i think i go for the Willie Nelson or some barbarians stuff. I love Keith when he sings in low key, like he does on you got the silver, relaxed and emotional. Talking about Keith’s dress sense, it doesn’t get better than this

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

September 19, 2018 at 9:18 am #74627
    Breath
    Participant

that TV guest appearance with Jerry Lee Lewis in the early 80’s is near the top of the list for sure….keith was hot

September 19, 2018 at 9:24 am #74629
    Breath
    Participant

September 19, 2018 at 9:27 am #74630
    Breath
    Participant

September 20, 2018 at 8:56 am #74631
    Marianita
    Participant

ok, you win again. The Jerry Lee performance kick ass.  I can’t understand how Keith can go on doing the 5+ songs he’s been doing live with the Stones for ages, i rather have him singing wild horses or something else. Who likes Happy nowadays?

September 20, 2018 at 10:39 am #74633
    Breath
    Participant

ok, you win again. The Jerry Lee performance kick ass. I can’t understand how Keith can go on doing the 5+ songs he’s been doing live with the Stones for ages, i rather have him singing wild horses or something else. Who likes Happy nowadays?

Nobody likes it…and I speak for everybody.  But it’s all part of the same issue…the warhorse issue. The familiar for the masses.  the argument somehow incorporates the idea that if the masses don’t know a song at a stones show they can’t enjoy it.  what the hell?  I just went to a Bob Schneider show where I knew exactly ONE of the songs and I loved every song he played.  So…that just goes to show you can say, “fuck the argument!”

September 22, 2018 at 10:03 am #74634
    Roll Me
    Participant

No doubt in my mind…one of the greatest guitar performances ever captured on tape…full stop. Props to Mr. Richards.

September 23, 2018 at 4:34 pm #74640
    keefriffhards
    Participant

This is one of the best solo’s from Keith, he’s so damn cool here its hard to understand why he diminished to such a degree only 4 years later.

September 23, 2018 at 5:03 pm #74641
    Marianita
    Participant

Hi Riffhards, that is a good one. Here’s a drunk Keith and first time i have seen someone who tells Keith to “shut up”, not the finest Keith moment but what the hell, It’s Keith he he

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!