Volunteers

• October 30, 2017 at 11:07 am #71844
    D
    Keymaster

We need some volunteers. I plan on sprucing things up here but I’d like to know who would actually help with the following:

– Interviews: We have been approached by a handful of authors/influencers who would be open to an interview, I don’t want to do the interview but would rather someone from our forum do the honors. Volunteers?
    – Reviewers: If the bootleg section is going to takeoff, we need more reviews. Who is up to the task?
    – Historians: Those of you who know more than just the Stones trivia… which decade/time-period would you consider yourself most knowledgeable? If we were to put together a proper and detailed timeline of the Stones, the music, etc, which section would you like to help out with the most? Personally I think I would be most helpful in the 77-83 and 97-07 periods.
    – Forum: Who would you nominate as a forum moderator? Yes, this is an ‘inmates running the asylum’ type of site, but that doesn’t mean it is unmoderated.

Thoughts?

October 30, 2017 at 12:43 pm #71846
    stonehearted
    Participant

Having done some already, I could do more bootleg reviews — in fact, you still have a couple that I sent you (Get Satisfaction, Taxile).

For the timeline, I could be very helpful with the ’64 to ’69 period.

October 30, 2017 at 4:04 pm #71866
    Marianita
    Participant

Maybe we should have a weekly or monthly “partychat”. Playing a Stones record and saying our thoughts on the chat while drinking a few beer’s, smoking a few…………I enjoyed the listening partying with Virgin Priest, and the live chat’s was kind of funny when the submit button worked, why not give it a try ?

About moderating, as long as it ain’t moderating on a BV level, i’m happy

“ Charlie Watts, 1965 ”

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 30, 2017 at 5:07 pm #71881
    StrongBeach
    Participant

–I could do interviews. I’d prefer to interview dead Stones via seance but could also I suppose in a pinch interview live people, too.

–I could bridge the gap between Stonehearted and you and cover, say, 69-77.

October 30, 2017 at 5:54 pm #71887
    Marianita
    Participant

Ok, now we have the 64 to 83 covered. I can do 86,87 and 88

October 30, 2017 at 5:58 pm #71888
    Marianita
    Participant

–I could do interviews. I’d prefer to interview dead Stones via seance but could also I suppose in a pinch interview live people, too. –I could bridge the gap between Stonehearted and you and cover, say, 69-77.

i guess you have a lot to say about 69, Strongbeach, isn’t that your favourite stones year`?

October 30, 2017 at 7:08 pm #71895
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Sorry Drake i missed this encouraging post from you, i only saw the negative one on the END thread.

I could do the Stones from 07′ up to the present date if that helps,  and i would nominate Nita as a moderator.

I would nominate Stonehearted as another moderator.

Good luck guys.

October 30, 2017 at 7:28 pm #71897
    SelenePhoenix
    Participant

What lovely team work !

i am often traveling and cannot see myself doing anything regularly however, I could be of some help some

of the time

🙂

and I do love periscoping and sharing what I see and do

October 30, 2017 at 7:59 pm #71899
    stonehearted
    Participant

Sorry Drake i missed this encouraging post from you, i only saw the negative one on the END thread. I could do the Stones from 07′ up to the present date if that helps, and i would nominate Nita as a moderator. I would nominate Stonehearted as another moderator. Good luck guys.

Though I do like to take life in moderation, I would never take on the role of moderator for any online forum. I’ve been told that anyone who has held that role here winds up being cursed. I can do my best work here in other ways. Thanks anyway for your vote of confidence.

October 31, 2017 at 1:53 am #71913
    tauk
    Participant

Drake, I’m not smart enough to contribute anything much worthwhile…but I’d like to take this opportunity to suggest that the dear munichilton (was it one “h” or two? be somehow brought back to us and installed as the head of the Language Arts Department, a.k.a. the old “HAIKU THREAD” which he originated and tended to diligently and always, always so politely.

WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU MUNICH?// COME BACK!! I VOTE TO HAVE YOU ALSO START A THREAD ON The Police!

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

October 31, 2017 at 8:15 am #71945
    Marianita
    Participant

Sorry Drake i missed this encouraging post from you, i only saw the negative one on the END thread. I could do the Stones from 07′ up to the present date if that helps, and i would nominate Nita as a moderator. I would nominate Stonehearted as another moderator. Good luck guys.

he he Riffhards and thank you, but seriously i can never do that, i ain’t gonna moderate anyone, i have to learn moderating myself. My sister asked me at a family dinner recently if the latest Stones tour was named after me, and everybody laughed and have fun on me he he I think we should think controvercial and invite OnlyStones back as a moderator. And i see Tauk mentioned MunichHilton, hope he will be back and take care of the snack machines

File:SCAF took one sniff of freedom of speech and HATED it.gif

October 31, 2017 at 10:22 am #71961
    angee
    Participant

I would be up for doing interviews occasionally.  I think I could do a decent job, especially if people here gave me input on what sorts of questions to ask, if needed.

Maybe LongerBeach and I could split them, depending on our interests.  🙂  I’d also be open to doing an interview about my book on RS fans and other related work.

‘Nita, that’s hilarious, the tour was named after you!

October 31, 2017 at 12:48 pm #71965
    StrongBeach
    Participant

Ok, now we have the 64 to 83 covered. I can do 86,87 and 88

Nice–you get WWIII!

October 31, 2017 at 12:50 pm #71966
    StrongBeach
    Participant

i guess you have a lot to say about 69, Strongbeach, isn’t that your favourite stones year`?

It is … though I would defer to anyone who actually saw them in 69. I didn’t see them till 72.

October 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm #71967
    StrongBeach
    Participant

Drake, I’m not smart enough to contribute anything much worthwhile…but I’d like to take this opportunity to suggest that the dear munichilton (was it one “h” or two? be somehow brought back to us and installed as the head of the Language Arts Department, a.k.a. the old “HAIKU THREAD” which he originated and tended to diligently and always, always so politely. WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU MUNICH?// COME BACK!! I VOTE TO HAVE YOU ALSO START A THREAD ON The Police!

Münchhausen sucked but I do miss The Snack Machine — now that was a quality poster!

October 31, 2017 at 12:54 pm #71968
    StrongBeach
    Participant

I’d also be open to doing an interview about my book on RS fans and other related work.

Angeeee–is your book a work-in-progress or is it done? If so, can you provide a link? (Sorry if you’ve been asked this before, but I’d really like to read it, and then perhaps interview you.)

October 31, 2017 at 5:52 pm #71982
    angee
    Participant

Hey, how sweet.  It was finished and out late at the end of 2014.  Thanks for asking, SB!

https://www.amazon.com/You-Get-What-Need-ebook/dp/B00ROBVS72/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1509486726&sr=8-8&keywords=andrea+baker

I’d be glad to do the interview with you,  if you feel like it after reading.  Drake had talked about me doing something similar a while back.

November 1, 2017 at 10:38 am #72028
    StrongBeach
    Participant

Hey, how sweet. It was finished and out late at the end of 2014. Thanks for asking, SB! https://www.amazon.com/You-Get-What-Need-ebook/dp/B00ROBVS72/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1509486726&sr=8-8&keywords=andrea+baker I’d be glad to do the interview with you, if you feel like it after reading. Drake had talked about me doing something similar a while back.

Cool. Let me figure out how I want to read it. I’ve given up on my Kindle but may download it to my iPad and go through it there. Thanks for the link; will keep you posted!

November 3, 2017 at 8:02 pm #72212
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Drake wrote this in his opening post here : ” Historians: Those of you who know more than just the Stones trivia… which decade/time-period would you consider yourself most knowledgeable? If we were to put together a proper and detailed timeline of the Stones, the music, etc, which section would you like to help out with the most? Personally I think I would be most helpful in the 77-83 and 97-07 periods.”

So I say ask Dreamer to return. It was Dreamer’s idea waaaaay back when EOMS was starting up to have Decades/Eras/Sections of Time for people to post in. It’s a brilliant idea! Dreamer had the idea; perhaps he’d return. Perhaps he’d help set it all up? Just a thought……………>

~CE 🌷

November 6, 2017 at 5:31 pm #72321
    treaclefingers
    Participant

I’d like to volunteer to be the webmaster.

Do I need any special computer skills or is a working knowledge of WORD sufficient?

I also know a bit of EXCEL, if that enhances my candidacy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of The Gadfly of Message Boards
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of bassethound
Profile picture of Michelle
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!