VEGAS 19TH OCTOBER = CANCELLED (MICK IS SICK)

• October 19, 2016 at 7:15 am #55590
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Starting a new thread so people don’t waste money and time!!

http://www.rollingstones.com/2016/10/19/the-rolling-stones-wednesday-october-19-cancelled/

~CE

October 19, 2016 at 7:21 am #55591
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

From Mick:

I’m so sorry about the cancellation of Wednesday’s show in Las Vegas, I’ve got bad laryngitis. I do apologise to everyone who bought tickets.

~CE

October 19, 2016 at 7:23 am #55592
    tauk
    Participant

I JUST NOW (4 AM PACIFIC TIME) HEARD ON TV LOCAL(Las Vegas) CBS NEWS THAT TONIGHT’S SHOW IS CANCELLED DUE TO MICK HAVING LARYNGITIS.

I NOW ALSO SEE I RECEIVED EMAIL FROM T-MOBILE ARENA LAST NIGHT AROUND 10:30 PM MY TIME (Pacific) STATING THE SAME THING. Sorry i was asleep when the email came in last night.

There’s not yet any info specific re. what options or possibilities exist for what comes next–refund and/or reschedule soon?

HERE’S A SCREEN SHOT OF THE EMAIL I RECEIVED FOM T-MOBILE LAST NIGHT

October 18, 2016

Hi Carolyn,

We regret to inform you that The Rolling Stones concert scheduled for Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena has been cancelled.  Lead vocalist Mick Jagger has come down with laryngitis and has been advised by doctors to rest his voice.
    We hope to have information about the possibility of rescheduling this date very soon. We encourage ticket holders to wait for that information before seeking refunds. We also hope to have further information about the status of the concert scheduled for Saturday, October 22.
    The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live apologize for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Please note that The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

If you have any questions or would like to speak to our Guest Services team, please email us at [email protected] or visit support.axs.com.

Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | FAQ | Purchase Agreement</td>
    This email was sent by: AXS Digital, 865 S. Figueroa St., 8th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90017

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

October 19, 2016 at 7:49 am #55593
    tauk
    Participant

I went to support.axs.com per the instructions in the email I posted above. Here’s a copy/paste of what it says. Looks like refund requests are being accepted but also that they are trying perhaps to get it rescheduled in lieu of refunds

AXS Help Center“Refunds and Cancelled / Postponed Events”>Refunds And Cancelled / Postponed Events

“Help with unexpected changes to scheduled events!”>Help With Unexpected Changes To Scheduled Events!October 18, 2016

We regret to inform you that The Rolling Stones concert scheduled for Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena has been cancelled. Lead vocalist Mick Jagger has come down with laryngitis and has been advised by doctors to rest his voice.

We hope to have information about the possibility of rescheduling this date very soon. We encourage ticket holders to wait for that information before seeking refunds. We also hope to have further information about the status of the concert scheduled for Saturday, October 22.

However, if you would like a refund for the October 19 show, then you must complete the refund request form.

Please click here to complete the form.

Please note – all refund requests are FINAL. You will receive an e-mail when your refund has been processed. Please allow up to five (5) business days for your refund to be processed.

The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live apologize for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Please note that The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

October 19, 2016 at 9:01 am #55594
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

For many years, I’ve been posting (at IORR & at Doug’s) “God willing. Good health for all. No SNAFUS. No FUBARS”. Well………….this is one reason why I’ve been doing that for well over 15 years. 

We’ll have to see what happens with the show on the 22nd. Get Well Mick!

~CE

Attachments:
    October 19, 2016 at 10:25 am #55601
    andrew t
    Participant

Was reading around on a this a bit… Laryngitis usually takes about a week to clear up, and the T-mobile schedule is pretty open, so there’s there’s some speculation they will try and reschedule a few days after show 2 to avoid having to strike the stage etc. It blows for people who flew in just for the gig, but, there might be one silver lining to holding out which is that show 1 will now become show 2, and show 2 generally has the better setlist.

October 19, 2016 at 11:39 am #55605
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Andrew, do you remember in 1989 Mick had laryngitis AND we had the big ice storm in Montreal. MJ was sick in bed in Toronto and the Montreal concerts were cancelled due to the storm and his laryngitis. These things have been happening forever. And it’s to be expected – “God joins the band” (KR quote) kinda thing. 

I’m seeing a lot of whining at other sites. Let’s hope we don’t see that here.

~CE

October 19, 2016 at 2:22 pm #55606
    jasona93
    Participant

For many years, I’ve been posting (at IORR & at Doug’s) “God willing. Good health for all. No SNAFUS. No FUBARS”. Well………….this is one reason why I’ve been doing that for well over 15 years. We’ll have to see what happens with the show on the 22nd. Get Well Mick! ~CE

This is a SNAFUBAR. I’m here and having a ball anyways. Can’t do anything about it except maybe go piss on Trump’s place in a stones shirt.

October 19, 2016 at 2:34 pm #55607
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

For many years, I’ve been posting (at IORR & at Doug’s) “God willing. Good health for all. No SNAFUS. No FUBARS”. Well………….this is one reason why I’ve been doing that for well over 15 years. We’ll have to see what happens with the show on the 22nd. Get Well Mick! ~CE

This is a SNAFUBAR. I’m here and having a ball anyways. Can’t do anything about it except maybe go piss on Trump’s place in a stones shirt.

JASON!! At least you’re not in jail – YET!! (The day is young). Enjoy your golf games and say HI to The Donald and The Hillary for me!! Ask Donald if he “forgot all their fucking names”.

GoJaysGo!! (Good God, I hope I didn’t jinx it)

~CE :mrgreen: 

October 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm #55608
    jasona93
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks CE, will try to stay on the correct side of the jailbars.</p>

October 19, 2016 at 6:52 pm #55618
    ReginaPhalange
    Participant

I’ve been whining up a storm on Facebook but I’ll try to keep it away from here, CE! Going to see Billy Idol at the House of Blues as my Plan B.

October 19, 2016 at 7:00 pm #55623
    nankerphlege
    Participant

They need to announce what the plans are. A lot of the fans are supposed to leave tomorrow.  If they are going to reschedule and it’s not soon a lot of the fans are going to be in other parts of the world…& get left holding tickets they can’t use or recoup their loss!

Go Dawgs!!!

October 20, 2016 at 7:10 am #55632
    andrew t
    Participant

Andrew, do you remember in 1989 Mick had laryngitis AND we had the big ice storm in Montreal. MJ was sick in bed in Toronto and the Montreal concerts were cancelled due to the storm and his laryngitis. These things have been happening forever. And it’s to be expected – “God joins the band” (KR quote) kinda thing. I’m seeing a lot of whining at other sites. Let’s hope we don’t see that here. ~CE

That sounds like ’97. The band jammed at that studio in Scarborough to kill the time and Ronnie had his art exhibit opening in Yorkville. That’s where I met Ronnie and Bobby Keys  for the first time. They were going on about how Mick ordered a whole ton of Fisherman’s Friend brand throat lozenges and was giving them out to everybody. He apparently loved those things.

October 20, 2016 at 7:26 am #55635
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hey Andrew, sure I could be wrong. When a person has been doing this thing as long as I’ve been doing it, the years all blend together. I feel like I’ve “been on tour” since 1972!!

I do remember about the throat lozenges.

~CE :mrgreen: 

October 20, 2016 at 7:30 am #55637
    andrew t
    Participant

Hey Andrew, sure I could be wrong. When a person has been doing this thing as long as I’ve been doing it, the years all blend together. I feel like I’ve “been on tour” since 1972!! I do remember about the throat lozenges. ~CE :mrgreen:

You’re up early! I know getting I’m on when I go from posting drunk late at night to posting over coffee at 7am. 😀

October 20, 2016 at 7:41 am #55638
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Yep, just had my coffee. I’m an early riser. “There’s no time to lose, I heard her say”.

~CE

October 20, 2016 at 9:08 am #55639
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Sooooooooooo, who went to see Bernard and Tim at The Sand Dollar last night in Vegas? 

~CE 💡 

October 20, 2016 at 3:11 pm #55642
    jasona93
    Participant

Sooooooooooo, who went to see Bernard and Tim at The Sand Dollar last night in Vegas? ~CE </strong></p>

</div><!-- .bbp-reply-content.x-bbp-item-info-the-content -->

</div><!-- .x-bbp-item-info-content -->

</div><!-- .reply -->

<div id=

October 20, 2016 at 3:56 pm #55643
    angee
    Participant

Sooooooooooo, who went to see Bernard and Tim at The Sand Dollar last night in Vegas? ~CE 

Not me, went home, mighta stayed had I heard about it soon enough.

October 20, 2016 at 4:13 pm #55644
    tauk
    Participant

Was reading around on a this a bit… Laryngitis usually takes about a week to clear up, and the T-mobile schedule is pretty open, so there’s there’s some speculation they will try and reschedule a few days after show 2 to avoid having to strike the stage etc.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hard to know when or if it would possibly, maybe, sorta, be wise to just “CASH OUT” (get refund) from this slot machine-that-seems-to-be-the-Stones. The Stones Machine Slot Machine seems to be operating on about the same odds as regular slot machines beginning with the computer algorithm operated ticket buying process and the obvious-downright-unfair secondary a.k.a. ticket scalpers. Of course there are, like now, legitimate, unavoidable, unplanned physical ailments, etc etc.

PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT MICK JAGGER OR ANY STONE OR ANYTHING. JUST SORTING OUT MY THOUGHTS HERE-thanks for listening. LUV THE STONES and hope you’re feeling better Mick it surely can’t be too much fun, sympathy, empathy, thinking of you always

Having never before experienced a canceled concert I have a zillion questions in my mind about how the ticket selling process will work if they do reschedule this concert. Too many questions for me to ask here.

Oh well, like life itself, it’s a gamble probably no matter what ya do.

Today’s slot machines of course often have graphics on the front and a theme type name like “Wheel of Fortune” etc. The day I’ll get really worried would be when the Gambling/Stones organization designs a Rolling Stones theme slot machine-complete with different Stones faces and musical instruments on the 3 rolling wheels. Three Micks= (fill in the blank) or 3 Keith’s = (fill in the blank).

The psychological mind wizards who design slot machines know how to increase the dopamine and serotonin levels of player’s brains to keep them playing no matter their actual winning/losing experience. I can see how those wizards could incorporate Stones songs into the audio visual manipulation technology. “If You Start Me Up I’ll Never Stop”……and after several hundred bucks you’ve quote “invested” unquote “Play all 3 lines at 10 tx for chance for a Lucky Dip”..

I keep remembering the phrase “The House Always Wins”. Unless you get lucky on a Lucky Dip. Or maybe from some result of a rescheduled concert?????????? Keep thinking positive…strange things have been known to happen. kay sa ra sa ra (or however you spell that). I’m just along for the ride.

Alright just one question out of the several I’d like to ask now: How soon is that private gig in Boston suppose to happen? I mean how soon will the Stones have to leave town for that one…or anything else??

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!