Under the Influence – Screening at the Grammy Museum (Los Angeles, Oct 29)

• October 31, 2015 at 2:23 am #25972
    Swiss
    Participant

hi – ended up going to Los Angeles last night for a screening of “Under the Influence” at the Grammy Museum in LA.

Did anyone here go? I sat with one of the people I initially met at the Stones’ fan film shoot, back in December 2012, in Los Angeles.
    Some faces in the audience looked quite familiar, but I wasn’t sure who they were.  A friendly nice crowd, tho.
    It was amazing seeing this beautifully shot film on the big screen — followed a short discussion/Q&A afterward with Morgan Neville and Grammy Museum VP Scott Goldman.

GoldmanNeville

If you were there, what did you think?

– swiss

strawberries *and* blueberries

Attachments:
    October 31, 2015 at 3:07 am #25975
    bluzdude
    Participant

I assume Donna liked it? 😀

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

October 31, 2015 at 3:59 am #25976
    Swiss
    Participant

hi Bluzdude,

Were you one of those familiar faces at the screening last night? As for Donna, if she’s here, she can chime in  🙂

– swiss

October 31, 2015 at 4:09 am #25977
    stonehearted
    Participant

Hi Swiss,

Regarding your research on the Altamont concert, I’ve been meaning to ask you: That guy who hits Mick, you know, in Gimme Shelter as Mick is being led to the trailor where he’ll hang out with the band until they go on, we see someone come up and punch him in the face, and you hear, “Someone’s hit Mick” and all that, and then we see this long-haired blonde guy being taken away in police custody. So my question has always been, Who is this guy, and why does he hate Mick so much that he has to go up and hit him, on camera no less? Surely, since he was taken away, there would be a police write-up report on the guy with his name and so on, and so I was wondering, have you been able to track down this guy, ask him why he did that, why he hated Mick enough to hit him like that, and if he still feels the same way, how have his feelings changed? Thanks….

October 31, 2015 at 4:54 am #25978
    bluzdude
    Participant

Hi Swiss,

I wasn’t there, If I was, I would have said hello if I saw you guys.

I have been considering a Grammy Musium membership for quite some, but I just never followed thru with it, especially since it is so close to my office.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

November 1, 2015 at 3:34 am #26077
    Swiss
    Participant

Hi Swiss, Regarding your research on the Altamont concert, I’ve been meaning to ask you: That guy who hits Mick, you know, in Gimme Shelter as Mick is being led to the trailor where he’ll hang out with the band until they go on, we see someone come up and punch him in the face, and you hear, “Someone’s hit Mick” and all that, and then we see this long-haired blonde guy being taken away in police custody. So my question has always been, Who is this guy, and why does he hate Mick so much that he has to go up and hit him, on camera no less? Surely, since he was taken away, there would be a police write-up report on the guy with his name and so on, and so I was wondering, have you been able to track down this guy, ask him why he did that, why he hated Mick enough to hit him like that, and if he still feels the same way, how have his feelings changed? Thanks….

hi Stonehearted – thanks for asking. Good question.  I don’t know. After wrapping up “The Night Before Altamont” –the goal will be getting Altamont 360° fully funded, to enable focusing on answering this and many other worthy questions!  My hunch, tho’,  is Mr Punch was tripping and delusional.  By that time in the afternoon (soon after they arrived) the vibes, near the stage, were thick and weird.

thanks again for posing the Q – I look forward to getting back to you

swiss

November 1, 2015 at 3:49 am #26078
    Swiss
    Participant

Hi Swiss, I wasn’t there, If I was, I would have said hello if I saw you guys. I have been considering a Grammy Musium membership for quite some, but I just never followed thru with it, especially since it is so close to my office.

bluzdude, it was really fun – you should’ve come! Grammy Museum is pretty cool, and seems worth supporting. It was only the 2nd time I’d been to LA. The first was the fan video shoot, where we briefly met — I like downtown Los Angeles. Made me wish I had a little pied-à-terre in LA like the one where I stayed.  On the way to LAX, swung by Santa Monica for a late lunch and hopped in the ocean for a quick splash, enjoying another side of SoCal. Not bad!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!