Uh oh – Was the Private Boston show 'The Last Time' in the US?

• October 26, 2016 at 11:19 pm #55986
    jasona93
    Participant

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2016/10/robert_kraft_we_cant_get_no_satisfaction_anymore

Rich guy bragging that he owns a piece of history, or really the end of shows in the states? I suppose the potential end is always in the back of our minds, and maybe I was chasing one more (last?) hit last week before Viva Las Laryngitis hit. Of course the end has been speculated for decades, but its probably Europe’s turn and I suppose I should start preparing myself. I really wish I hadn’t read this before bed.

October 27, 2016 at 6:38 am #55994
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hi Jason! There are TWO reports out there: 1. rich dude said it’s the “last time” 2. a later report (in the same paper) leaves out rich dude’s claim.

Let’s remember two things: 1. rich dude is simply a rich dude, he isn’t a Stone 2. and we’ve been hearing this since 1965.

If it WAS “the last time” we have to live with it. Afterall, we weren’t at the Ed Sullivan Theatre for the USA’s “first time”. I’m just trying to make some sense. Maybe others will know a whole more that I do!! (Hope so).

~CE

October 27, 2016 at 6:41 am #55995
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

Hi Jason! There are TWO reports out there: 1. rich dude said it’s the “last time” 2. a later report (in the same paper) leaves out rich dude’s claim. Let’s remember two things: 1. rich dude is simply a rich dude, he isn’t a Stone 2. and we’ve been hearing this since 1965. If it WAS “the last time” we have to live with it. Afterall, we weren’t at the Ed Sullivan Theatre for the USA’s “first time”. I’m just trying to make some sense. Maybe others will know a whole more that I do!! (Hope so). ~CE

And if the rich dude was right, they can still play Massey Hall 😉

-------------------------------
    My cards are on the table

October 27, 2016 at 6:52 am #55997
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

:mrgreen:

Hi Jason! There are TWO reports out there: 1. rich dude said it’s the “last time” 2. a later report (in the same paper) leaves out rich dude’s claim. Let’s remember two things: 1. rich dude is simply a rich dude, he isn’t a Stone 2. and we’ve been hearing this since 1965. If it WAS “the last time” we have to live with it. Afterall, we weren’t at the Ed Sullivan Theatre for the USA’s “first time”. I’m just trying to make some sense. Maybe others will know a whole more that I do!! (Hope so). ~CE

And if the rich dude was right, they can still play Massey Hall "</p

Jason, see you at Massey Hall, then. Hope these quote things work.

~CE

October 27, 2016 at 8:11 am #55999
    jasona93
    Participant

Quoting worked!  And good points. It doesn’t make sense that an announcement that significant would come from that source. Bring on Massey Hall!

October 27, 2016 at 8:18 am #56000
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Always a bright thought at the end of this tunnel thing!! :mrgreen: 

~CE

October 27, 2016 at 1:34 pm #56008
    D
    Keymaster

It is always the last time until the next time.  I just wish the Stones would reach out to all the fan communities and do a private show or two.  The demand is probably too high to do anything covert, but still would be a cool idea.

Then again, I wish the Stones would do a show in the round like in 75 but with modern staging and lighting.  And half the set should be requests.  Ha!

October 27, 2016 at 1:40 pm #56009
    D
    Keymaster

Moves like Jagger

A post shared by Paul English (@englishpaulm) on

Attachments:
    October 27, 2016 at 2:29 pm #56012
    andrew t
    Participant

I thought of that “what if” the other day, and it was too dire to contemplate.

download

January 23, 2017 at 6:36 am #59081
    Marianita
    Participant

There’s more us tours to come, they can do tours for 20 more years, i guess

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!