Time to introduce the guys n girls we have up here tonight

• July 14, 2015 at 5:28 pm #67
    Nikkei
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    my name is Nikkei Janssen, I am from Bremen, Germany and the year 1988. I have been a fan since the age of 10, when I saw my first show in Stuttgart. I have seen them a total of 9 times since then and remain confident to reach double figures. You’ll find me listening to almost anything Stones, really. In my opinion their latter records do not suck for the most part. Besides the Stones, I am heavily into the Floyd, Tull, Zeppelin just to name some. Current music is interesting to me depending on circumstances. Meet me on the Keith Side!

Attachments:
    July 14, 2015 at 6:23 pm #70
    D
    Keymaster

Love that photo brother!

I’ll update this sometime in the future.  Hardcore fans since age 4.  Seen them 14 times since 1997.  Love listening to audience recordings on a regular basis.

I started this forum so that we’d all have a nice place to talk about the Stones without fear of a heavy-handed moderator.

It’s good to be here, its good to be anywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGaBlygm0UY

July 14, 2015 at 6:30 pm #74
    Breath
    Participant

I’m Breath.  All my closest Stones friends are also named Breath.  We forget how this came to be.

I’ve been a fan since I heard Angie playing at the Lane County Fair in the summer of 1976.  Seen ’em 33 1/3 times since. My next show will be when they announce an all Chuck Berry setlist. Can’t wait.

July 14, 2015 at 6:35 pm #76
    Breath
    Participant

Hey – Mr. Bremen – the Stones broadcast a cool show from there on my b-day in 1998…only problem, much like the ppv from saint looey in 1997 – they didn’t do Queenie on the b-stage but instead did the MUCH inferior IORR!   An investigation leads to the possible conclusion they didn’t want any royalties going to Chuck cos Keith was pissed at him over the whole Johnnie Johnson bizsnatch.  No conclusive evidence ever found and no indictment forthcoming…

July 14, 2015 at 8:08 pm #86
    Nikkei
    Participant

Yes Bremen ’98 was a great show. My Dad went there when they announced on the radio that the gates had been opened. Remarkable that they actually kept ASMB in the set that long. You know there’s a longer film than what’s been broadcasted, right? Funny what a shitload of countries Mick mentions between songs. Can’t really imagine Keith being pissed off with Chuck to the degree where he wouldn’t play his songs. Anyway, since we also have girls here already, maybe Drake could edit the thread topic accordingly? Don’t wanna continue the bothersome sexism that’s tolerated on IORR (opposed to all that’s NOT tolerated)

July 15, 2015 at 12:46 pm #120
    fahthree
    Participant

I’m Fred from Pennsylvania.  I’ve seen the band 38 times, the first being August 15, 1994 at Giants Stadium.  I went to Berlin last year to get the feel of a European show, plus I’m a big fan of anything German.

I’ve been banned on three occasions from IORR:  “fah3” in 2006, “foreverfah” in 2007, and “fahthree” last year.  I can’t help but point out his BS to him.

July 15, 2015 at 1:06 pm #123
    Stoneburst
    Participant

My name’s Ben, I live in London, and have been a fan since stumbling upon the allmusic review of Sticky Fingers and deciding to give it a listen one day back when I was a student. I post on IORR under the same username and haven’t been banned yet, although it’s probably just a matter of time.

July 15, 2015 at 1:44 pm #133
    nikkibong
    Participant

Bjornulf Dik has banned me on several occasions; first under this name, then several other related ones. Believe it or not, it was my joke set lists that got me banned the first time. e.g.:

https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,394671,page=1

I live in DC, have seen the Stones all over the world (including in Tokyo and Madrid), and caught four shows this tour: Columbus, Orlando, Pittsburgh, and Raleigh. The Columbus show was a stinker, but the other three were excellent. At least what I can remember of them 😉

July 15, 2015 at 1:53 pm #136
    CindyC
    Participant

Hi Nikki – you’re kidding, you were banned over that thread?     That was very funny & clever.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well

July 15, 2015 at 2:02 pm #142
    CindyC
    Participant

I’m Cindy – I live in Boston.     I’m a Keith girl, that has to be said.   Favorite albums are LIB & Beggars Banquet.   Favorite songs are, Gimme Shelter & Jigsaw Puzzle.      Favorite show would have to be the Beacon seeing Mick & Keith sharing the mic for the first time in years.  That was a lovely memory.

I was banned for spreading gossip on IORR (which turned out to be true!)   I love the Rolling Stones as though they’re family, but will call them out on shit if deserved.   Blind loyalty is not something I subscribe to.

I will be a fan until the day I die.

July 15, 2015 at 2:05 pm #145
    nikkibong
    Participant

Cindy, I did a series of ’em, he banned me over one of them. Can’t remember which. Maybe this one?

https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,377962,378064

July 15, 2015 at 2:10 pm #148
    CindyC
    Participant

I just read a few of these and laughed, and as I scrolled down within three posts I see that some uptight chronie has to step in an ruin the mood.    Either join in or shut the fuck up.

July 15, 2015 at 2:46 pm #183
    D
    Keymaster

Cindy where were you at the Beacon?  I was 2nd row night one, off to the side standing for night two.  Amazing show/s that the film barely captures.

July 15, 2015 at 2:50 pm #185
    CindyC
    Participant

Yeah Drake, don’t you remember I sent you a photo of you?   You were by the door on the right, I remember very distinctly waving to you from the mezzanine.

July 15, 2015 at 2:54 pm #186
    D
    Keymaster

RIGHT YOU ARE!!  And daggumit I do not have that photo!  Oh thats fun

July 15, 2015 at 2:58 pm #187
    CindyC
    Participant

It was blurry if I remember correctly.  I’ll check when I get home.  Remind me if i forget.

July 15, 2015 at 4:19 pm #190
    Breath
    Participant

i was at beacon #1.   I was too busy watching the models up front to notice the band on-stage.

July 15, 2015 at 4:24 pm #191
    Breath
    Participant

Bjornulf Dik has banned me on several occasions; first under this name, then several other related ones. Believe it or not, it was my joke set lists that got me banned the first time. e.g.: https://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,394671,page=1 I live in DC, have seen the Stones all over the world (including in Tokyo and Madrid), and caught four shows this tour: Columbus, Orlando, Pittsburgh, and Raleigh. The Columbus show was a stinker, but the other three were excellent. At least what I can remember of them 😉

when did they throw you out of Portland?

oh, and Go Ducks!

July 15, 2015 at 4:34 pm #193
    nikkibong
    Participant

when did they throw you out of Portland? oh, and Go Ducks!

Hey, I know you! Got de-Portland’d about three years ago. oh, and Go Reed College . . .whatevers!

July 15, 2015 at 4:34 pm #194
    D
    Keymaster

Now I KNOW you weren’t there!  The models didn’t arrive until the 2nd night!  Us ugly normal fans were down there for the first show!  Thats why Scorsese chickened out and removed all the seats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of zonnetje007
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of HomerSimpson
Profile picture of bols59
Profile picture of job
Profile picture of open-g
Profile picture of herman
Profile picture of Michelle
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of The Gadfly of Message Boards
Profile picture of zigo
Profile picture of soulrob
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of bassethound
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of StrongBeach

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!