They're "Going Vegas" Literally (CONFIRMED)

• June 9, 2016 at 10:23 am #49016
    June 9, 2016 at 11:27 am #49017
    jasona93
    Participant

I too, had best be going vegas.

June 9, 2016 at 1:04 pm #49019
    Breath
    Participant

they’re opening for Engelbert Whatshisdinck

June 9, 2016 at 3:02 pm #49025
    D
    Keymaster

Here’s hoping for some East coast dates, and a new setlist!

June 9, 2016 at 3:33 pm #49027
    stonehearted
    Participant

Here’s hoping for some East coast dates, and a new setlist!

They’re saying it will be an arena tour like in 2013 and that Boston will be among the cities — which means I’ll be providing a concert review. I expect the set list will feature a blues mini set, given that they’ll be touring with the new blues album — otherwise not too many other changes, especially with the “Big 8” to close out the show. But you won’t hear me complaining, because it will sound great as always.

June 9, 2016 at 3:45 pm #49028
    SelenePhoenix
    Participant

hi Drake! and ALL

hope you are happy and well

ok i have a plane ticket booked in and out literally!

now the BIG question

how to procure a TICKET!!!! any help would be appreciated and ill scope promise if i get there

June 9, 2016 at 3:46 pm #49029
    SelenePhoenix
    Participant

indeed….. please alert me re any other concert locations and dates

namaste

June 9, 2016 at 3:58 pm #49033
    andrew t
    Participant

I mentioned this in the Coachella thread, but the music industry gossip here in Toronto is that the local date will be before Oldchella. Which, if true, would mean East Coast in Mid-Late Sept.

June 9, 2016 at 4:05 pm #49036
    Breath
    Participant

have they disavowed their boring last 30 years yet?  i’m waiting for a full-throated confession and apology

June 9, 2016 at 5:30 pm #49044
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

As Andrew said, there is talk of them playing Toronto and also NYC.  Also as Andrew said, this is to take place prior to OLDChella. Info will come along when the time is right. “Patience Please”.  :mrgreen: 

Selene, best of luck with the ticket situation. 

~CE

June 9, 2016 at 5:38 pm #49045
    StrongBeach
    Participant

They’re really keeping this “new album” under wraps:

The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.”

June 9, 2016 at 6:47 pm #49046
    andrew t
    Participant

They’re really keeping this “new album” under wraps: “The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.”

Yeah, but who wants to hear new music when you can see those amazing video screens and thrill to a sour chord (“that’s how you know it’s live”) in the intro of a song you’ve heard 10,000 times. That kind of magic doesn’t have a price to it…oh wait, it does. It’s $485 plus convenience fees.

June 9, 2016 at 8:20 pm #49048
    D
    Keymaster

They’re really keeping this “new album” under wraps: “The band will continue to mesmerise their generations of fans with a set packed full of classic Stones hits such as ‘Gimme Shelter’, ‘(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction’, ‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash’, ‘Sympathy For The Devil’, ‘Start Me Up’ and ‘Miss You’ as well as special gems from their extraordinary catalogue.”

Yeah, but who wants to hear new music when you can see those amazing video screens and thrill to a sour chord (“that’s how you know it’s live”) in the intro of a song you’ve heard 10,000 times. That kind of magic doesn’t have a price to it…oh wait, it does. It’s $485 plus convenience fees.

Exactly.  We can hope that they pull a No Security and decide to go more adventurous across the board.  This really is their final run at this point.

June 9, 2016 at 10:12 pm #49049
    tauk
    Participant

“they’re going vegas” : oh ya.  almost in my own backyard.   🙂  🙂   🙂

T-Mobile-Arena-photo-from-outside

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

June 10, 2016 at 2:19 am #49052
    treaclefingers
    Participant

“Patience Please”. 

…a drug free America comes first.

June 10, 2016 at 2:58 am #49055
    stonehearted
    Participant

“they’re going vegas” : oh ya. almost in my own backyard. 🙂 🙂 🙂  

Totally agree! On this tour, they’ll be playing in my town. That means right in Boston. Rather than the football stadium three dozen miles to the south, which they would frequently do in tours past, and which I would never do because I don’t drive. But, “right in my neighborhood” means a 10-minute subway ride to the venue, and so, how could I not go? Hope you have a great time at the show! And, hey, great to have you back here!

June 10, 2016 at 10:58 am #49058
    treaclefingers
    Participant

Exactly. We can hope that they pull a No Security and decide to go more adventurous across the board. This really is their final run at this point.

Are you quoting someone from the 1969 tour?  An adorable observation otherwise.

June 10, 2016 at 12:13 pm #49059
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

“Patience Please”.

…a drug free America comes first.

How true is that!

~CE

Attachments:
    June 10, 2016 at 1:53 pm #49065
    job
    Participant

I am in.  I can drive there in 4 hrs or less and I have a half price stay at MGM.  CYA there suckas!

June 10, 2016 at 3:56 pm #49070
    tauk
    Participant

“they’re going vegas” : oh ya. almost in my own backyard. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Totally agree! On this tour, they’ll be playing in my town. That means right in Boston. Rather than the football stadium three dozen miles to the south, which they would frequently do in tours past, and which I would never do because I don’t drive. But, “right in my neighborhood” means a 10-minute subway ride to the venue, and so, how could I not go? Hope you have a great time at the show! And, hey, great to have you back here!

stonehearted-you’re right- how could you NOT go when they’re so close by to you…and me. but gosh there’s still the same old issues re. how to get a super close to the stage and/or runway, pit, etc as always with stones shows. i very much desire to have a seat very close up. i’d rather go to just one concert with good seat rather than several concerts with not a super close seat.

the whole thing of stubhub/scalpers getting most of the best/close seats, etc how that whole process does not work in favor of the average everyday non-insider, non-vip , a nobody from nowhere who knows no one which describes me. i absolutely detest seats too far away–i am very picky.  but i guess i will go no matter where i have to sit because of the convenience of no airplane or other travel and no hotel cost..and of course because it’s THE STONES…

i hope you have a good time too–and hope that the stones cover the cities lots of eoms-ers need.

thanks for missing me here–i still have to limit myself to very little online time though to keep getting caught up on the whole rest of my neglected real life. but of course i’ll be watching out for info re. these concerts.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of The Gadfly of Message Boards
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!