• March 25, 2016 at 10:06 am #42551
    Paul Skellett
    Participant

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce you to my recent book on The Rolling Stones. It’s called ‘CIRCUS’ and is a visual and editorial account of the event as well as rehearsals through the lens and experience of Michael Randolph, friend and guest of Brian Jones. I am still in the process of completing the book, so thoughts, anecdotes about the event or rare images are more than welcome. Everyone that buys this book gets their name in the credits. Here’s an overview:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/archivumrocknrollcircus

Michael Randolph – A guardian of Rock and Roll

Michael Randolph was trained as a portrait photographer, but as a young guy hitting the bars and boozers of Windsor he was drawn to the bands and musicians that were feeling the rise of cultural shift. A regular haunt was The Ricky-Tick venue, an influential 1960s rhythm & blues club in Windsor, Berkshire (England). Many of the acts we now look upon as the bedrock of con<span class=”text_exposed_show”>temporary culture,such as The Rolling Stones, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd and Cream, all graced the stage.
    I’ve mentioned in other posts about the film ‘BLOWUP’.
    The Ricky-Tick was also the club where the Yardbirds are playing Stroll-On while Thomas (David Hemmings) looks for Jane (Vanessa Redgrave).</span>

Accepted into the circle of the music maelstrom, Michael turned his camera to the world of rock ’n’ roll, documenting The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The Doors.
    This hedonistic road and Michaels photographic talent also led him to commissions such as covering the film A Clockwork Orange.

As a freind of Brian Jones (The Rolling Stones), Michael was invited to spend the day capturing a unique event the Stones were hosting called ‘The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus’. Although other photographers would be present for the main performance, Michaels photographic account would be the only FULL account covering rehearsals and behind the scenes activity. Privy to the dramas, conversations, the ‘highs’ and lows, Michael was at the heart of rock and roll society as it was falling into a state of flux.

This book will deliver you back to the moment and make you feel as if you are a guest of The Rolling Stones, at one of rock and rolls most unique events.
    This is the last time this collection will be reproduced. Remastered and researched in intense detail, this is the ‘must have’ Rolling Stones collectable!

PLEDGE NOW
    Don’t miss out on owning this beautiful highly collectable limited edition publication!

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/archivumrocknrollcircus

Attachments:
    March 25, 2016 at 10:11 am #42553
    Breath
    Participant

blow up is a weird and wild movie…it’s been making the rounds on turner classics the last couple years. the scene with the yardbirds with both beck and page kinda comes outta nowhere late in the flick…

March 25, 2016 at 12:12 pm #42559
    Paul Skellett
    Participant

The strange thing is, I currently have another book underway with my business partner Simon Weitzman about the photographer Tom Murray. Looking at ‘BlowUp’, the story and the casting we strongly believe that Tom was the profile for the film, not David Bailey as some suggest. Tom did work for Bailey at one time. Take a look at the photos and see what you think? http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tommurraymaddayout    /    http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/archivumrocknrollcircus   Check out my Facebook page for more info and photos… https://www.facebook.com/The-Beatles-Tom-Murrays-Mad-Day-Out-1968-328491674011412/?ref=hl

Attachments:
    March 25, 2016 at 5:30 pm #42575
    trumplefingers
    Participant

blow up is a weird and wild movie…it’s been making the rounds on turner classics the last couple years. the scene with the yardbirds with both beck and page kinda comes outta nowhere late in the flick…

one of my fave 60s movies.

March 25, 2016 at 8:04 pm #42605
    tauk
    Participant

I’m gonna Sign Me Up asap! I love my DVD of The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus and I’d love more background info on that event. All I’ve heard somewhere was that it was a monster long day, like 18 hours or so and that they were all very tired by the time it came for The Stones to do their performance. And that Brian Jones was tearful throughout the long process, fearing his imminent ending with the Stones, and that Mick was trying to console Brian in between all the tasks Mick kept up doing all day in order for the event to get pulled off.

Besides The Stones: The Who, John Lennon, Jethro Tull and more!

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

Attachments:
    March 26, 2016 at 3:25 am #42631
    tauk
    Participant

Just a teensy little sample of The Stones’ and “The Dirty Mac” (John Lennon, Mitch Mitchell, Eric Clapton and Keith R.) from Rock and Roll Circus.

“Yer Blues” by “The Dirty Mac”

YCAGWYW performed in a unique manner in this particular venue/setting. Stripped down, no background or choir singing, yet superb, imo.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.