Thread for the Bored

• October 12, 2015 at 2:24 am #23530
    Nikkei
    Participant

Are you as bored with all the self-important bullcrap as I am lately? Join me here!

October 12, 2015 at 5:07 am #23534
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

Just stay away from jealous bar owners. Robert Johnson learned it the hard way…

-------------------------------
    My cards are on the table

October 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm #23612
    Nikkei
    Participant

Bar owners are jealous all the time because they’re not supposed to drink on the job. This tends to get boring very quickly

October 12, 2015 at 4:55 pm #23617
    stonehearted
    Participant

Because I like to keep on topic, here’s a UK TV show from the eighties called The Young Ones (season 1, episode 3; “Boring”). Boredom was once a very radical, punk concept–even for comedy shows. There’s even a Stones tie-in here. The Rolling Stones are mentioned at one point in this episode. Hopefully, this won’t bore you.

Full uninterrupted episode in one clip here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21rlm7_the-young-ones-season-1-episode-03-boring_fun

October 12, 2015 at 6:35 pm #23627
    bluzdude
    Participant

Speaking of Young, I saw Neil Saturday night in Santa Barbara. He was in top form, and what a great venue!

Today I’m off work (federal holiday) and bored, occasionally working on my “honey do” list; hopefully tonight I can convince my wife to get out to a movie with me, then tomorrow it’s back to work.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

October 12, 2015 at 6:37 pm #23628
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 12, 2015 at 6:38 pm #23630
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 12, 2015 at 7:55 pm #23633
    Naturalust
    Participant

Speaking of Young, I saw Neil Saturday night in Santa Barbara. He was in top form, and what a great venue! Today I’m off work (federal holiday) and bored, occasionally working on my “honey do” list; hopefully tonight I can convince my wife to get out to a movie with me, then tomorrow it’s back to work.

———————————————————————————————————————————-

Hey man we’re not letting you off so easy on that one, great venue and Neil  in top form? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would welcome a review from you on the show!

October 13, 2015 at 2:05 am #23653
    bluzdude
    Participant

Speaking of Young, I saw Neil Saturday night in Santa Barbara. He was in top form, and what a great venue! Today I’m off work (federal holiday) and bored, occasionally working on my “honey do” list; hopefully tonight I can convince my wife to get out to a movie with me, then tomorrow it’s back to work.

———————————————————————————————————————————- Hey man we’re not letting you off so easy on that one, great venue and Neil in top form? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would welcome a review from you on the show!

OK, Saw Neil at the acoustically perfect Santa Barbara Bowl. His set went from about 7:35 to 10:37…3 hours and breaking the venue curfew.

Started off with a small solo set including After the Gold rush, Rust Never Sleeps and Helpless. I have to admit I wasn’t familiar with a lot of the material he played, but it was enjoyable nevertheless. Lucas Nelson & company complimented Neils playing. For about the first hour Mr. Young played an acoustic guitar before switching to electric. At one point Neil made fun of the band learning his songs after 2 false starts, but it turned out Neil had a guitar that was tuned wrong. If this happened to Eddie Vedder the tech would probably have been fired (like what happened in November 2013).

He played a number of songs about Monsanto…and Starbucks, a little too much IMHO, but that’s OK, we get it, (at least at home we keep Non GMO and Organic whenever possible). His voice sounded like a record, I could not believe how good he sounded. I’ve only seen him twice before, first in 1969 with CSN&Y at Pauly Pavilion and then again just a few years back at the Wiltern for the Buffalo Springfield reunion.

The one song Lucas Nelson sang, he sounded just like his old man. Great evening, great sounding venue, great music and thanks to Sweetcharmedlife for getting the tickets!

Oh yes, After The Gold Rush and Down By the River are my 2 favorite N.Y. songs, he did them both, he could have stopped there and I still would have been happy.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

October 13, 2015 at 4:28 am #23657
    Stoneburst
    Participant

Nikkei’s edit to the OP is a thing of great beauty

October 13, 2015 at 10:02 am #23673
    Anonymous

Always looking for something Stonesy to do.
    Not bored,but oh so much time on my hands.

Someone suggested that I get a job. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
    NEVER!
    Will just continue to live a sex, drugs and Rolling Stones lifestyle.
    Let’s party people. There’s a Stones tour coming up.

Thanks.
    Tim

October 14, 2015 at 10:35 am #23789
    andrew t
    Participant

You want boring? Here’s Miss You live   😯 …see ya in the beer line.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!