The CANCELLED Show In Vegas

• October 23, 2016 at 1:50 pm #55828
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

The Stones are not going to reschedule the show. Refunds are now available.

~CE

23 OCTOBER 2016
    CANCELLED SHOW – REFUNDS NOW AVAILABLE
    Please be advised that due to scheduling challenges, the cancelled Rolling Stones concert on Wednesday, October 19 at T-Mobile Arena will not be rescheduled.

The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live apologise for any inconvenience this causes ticket holders.

Ticket holders for the cancelled performance should be aware of the following:

TICKET REFUNDS
    Credit Cards – Orders purchased with a credit card for the cancelled performance will be refunded to the credit card used for purchase.

Cash – Those who purchased tickets with cash may present tickets at the original point of sale for a refund.

Please note that The Rolling Stones, T-Mobile Arena, AXS, MGM Resorts International, Concerts West and AEG Live are not responsible for hotel, travel or other expenses related to the cancellation of this performance.

October 24, 2016 at 2:30 am #55848
    tauk
    Participant

Only good thing about a cancelled Stones show is now I feel rich! I’m singin’ “I’m in the money, I’m in the money…”

Of course gotta save it for whenever my next Stones show will be–but at least I’ll be prepared better next time! But now I can go to the dentist for my aching teeth!

LUV THE STONES XXXXOOOOOO”s

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

Attachments:
    October 24, 2016 at 5:36 am #55853
    keefriffhards
    Participant

This is increasingly looking like this show was cancelled because of poor ticket sales.

The Stones need to come back down to earth with their ticket prices.

October 24, 2016 at 7:56 am #55859
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

KRiff, I hear ya. Better yet, they should pare it down to small BLUES clubs and bring it right back around. Sit on stools, play the BLUES to an audience of 700 people and forget about the friggin’ huge places with friggin’ huge crowds where many (most??) people wouldn’t know the BLUES if it slapped them across the face. It’s time to let SMU and MY go. Bring it full circle. Please!

~CE

October 24, 2016 at 8:00 am #55861
    tauk
    Participant

This is increasingly looking like this show was cancelled because of poor ticket sales. The Stones need to come back down to earth with their ticket prices.

Well, I don’t know how well the less expensive seats (further from the stage) sold, but I do know the seats that were in the close to the front sections did not seem to have any unsold seats or at least they were very scarce whenever I checked…but that whole computerized algorithm based ticket system connected in with the scalpers just can’t easily be figured or beat.

My overall impression is that Mick really was too sick to perform on Oct 19th…sounds like there’s very strict insurance regulators that monitor closely that type of concert cancellation. His exposure to the particularly bad desert winds this time of year out in that locale seem to be a believable situation.

This time I was able to get a single ticket directly from AXS..so at least I didn’t need to pay a scalper/secondary market seller. However, the top price that The Stones/AXS advertise is a joke…I had to pay over twice as much as the $750.00 they advertise as the highest price. And it didn’t include any extra amenities…no VIP this or that…it was called “Premium Seating and was simply a seat in Section A, B or C front center section fairly close to the runway/catwalk extension but was many rows back from front of the real stage.

I’m obviously not the only person who feels the built-in system for scalpers/secondary market ticket sellers should become more regulated. About 3 weeks ago there was a news story on the CBS National News about The US Congress hearing complaints about the scalpers/legal secondary ticket sellers. I didn’t catch which groups of people were behind the complaints about it–I recall that several big rock/pop bands were mentioned as coming out in support of the fans against the legal scalping (The Stones were not mentioned t all). I don’t read any newspapers or news magazines anymore (shame on me, all I do is real Stones and related fan sites, music reviews, etc..

How well the majority of seats sell, well I would have no real idea. But most of the time the Stones seem to pretty much sell out any venue with minimal advertising…but what do I really know? But does that make it “fair” for the average fan who grudgingly but willingly goes ahead and keeps paying the steep prices? Is that fair market capitalism? Well it’s coming to light in the US Congress so obviously some fans are fighting back and some big name entertainment bands are in agreement.

All I know is it costs an arm & a leg to get a real close to the main stage or even to the runway/catwalk stage. I know what I know which is it’s a hefty price. I don’t know how the Stones prices compare to other big name rock/pop acts’ prices. It’s beyond a mere matter of fans needing to pay their dues by waiting patiently and thankfully (?) years and years, possibly decades (which are no longer in the picture for the aging Stones) for a lucky computer stroke on the Big Ticket Selling Systems that are rigged to exploit the apparent loopholes in the legality of this type of system.

All  really know is that I am willing to pay a pretty high price for a Premium Seat but gee whiz, Christ-On-A-Cracker where’s the end limit? I guess it’s where Fans Just Say No–and maybe with help from Congress…but that that could of course take a long time to any fruition if anything comes of it at all.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

October 24, 2016 at 8:03 am #55862
    Marianita
    Participant

Only good thing about a cancelled Stones show is now I feel rich! I’m singin’ “I’m in the money, I’m in the money…” Of course gotta save it for whenever my next Stones show will be–but at least I’ll be prepared better next time! But now I can go to the dentist for my aching teeth! LUV THE STONES XXXXOOOOOO”s

So sorry to hear that they cancelled the show Tauk, but good to hear that you can look at it from the bright side, cash is king he he. And maybe Riffhards are right about the ticket sales and the cancelling, Mick is greedy,you know. Zappa should have named that record released long ago, Mick’s only in it for the money.

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 24, 2016 at 8:19 am #55869
    tauk
    Participant

Re. Mick only being in it for the money—well I suppose there’s a lot of reasons to assume that…but of course if might also be a motivator for him in terms of just liking the lifestyle of great in-person admiration from all those people in the big venues, etc. Ego rush, you know, that type of thing….

Either way we gotta really pay.

October 24, 2016 at 8:59 am #55875
    Marianita
    Participant

Re. Mick only being in it for the money—well I suppose there’s a lot of reasons to assume that…but of course if might also be a motivator for him in terms of just liking the lifestyle of great in-person admiration from all those people in the big venues, etc. Ego rush, you know, that type of thing…. Either way we gotta really pay.

but we love him anyway,don’t we, heres the child of the moon

click “watch on vimeo”

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 24, 2016 at 9:53 am #55877
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Sometimes it boggles the mind all these discussions about ticket prices. Even BV asks that people go to “the bitching thread” (that’s my wording, I forget what BV calls it) to discuss the prices of tickets. That said, there are certain things all fans (you’d at least THINK!!) would know: 1. YES, the underground/MAFIA/scalpers/OC have the tickets in their pockets 30 seconds before they go on sale 2. What do we THINK the Stones should charge (even IF the SCALPERS were taken out of the picture) in order to put on a massive show (which costs THEM at least one million dollars per show to put on)? Do we really think $50.00 per ticket will get you a front/second row seat? Come on now. Let’s get real!! 3. And yes, Jagger is greedy. They do these massive shows for his EGO. He wants to look 15 years old with a preggo girlfriend and prance around the stage in leggings as tight as the ones I’m wearing this very minute. And I’m not in my seventies, yet! 4. About government legislation to “regulate” criminals – isn’t that a contradiciton in terms? Scalpers/OC is criminal activity. In societies where “anything” is ILLEGAL (ie cocaine/heroin/weed/fraud/rape/murder/etc.) humans will always be GREEDY and break the laws. As one scalper I know always says: “It’s a matter of supply and demand” and he’s right. If we, the customers, failed to pay a scalper outrageous prices he’d be out of business. 

There…………rant over. As my husband always says about these things: “That’s life in the big city”. Isn’t there anything good that came from the cancelled show night? I thought a bunch of people from Shidoobee were meeting up to have parties all over Vegas. What happened to that? Weren’t places and times set to meet and party on down (Garth)? I’ll shut the eff up now…….>

~CE

Attachments:
    October 24, 2016 at 2:29 pm #55883
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Tauk. CE.        I see what you mean, i don’t think i explained myself very well when i said that the Stones cancelled the gig because of poor ticket sales.

What i should have said is that i believe they had plenty of time to play the cancelled show this week, lots of free slots at the T Mobile Arena for them to have rescheduled, but seeing as Mick genuinely had laryngitis it was a good excuse to cancel the show without the embarrassment of adding a date later in the week to a half empty Arena.

October 24, 2016 at 2:32 pm #55884
    bluzdude
    Participant

I was in Vegas from Tuesday until Friday, decided not to spend another 2 nights to go to the Saturday show. When I was driving home on Friday, I was sort of regretting not exchanging my Wednesday ticket for Saturday, but after following the show thru Periscope, and looking at the set list, I have no regrets.

My 3 days in Vegas was spent with 3 friends who all live in different locations, so that in itself made the trip worthwhile. When our show was cancelled, we decided to go see Human Nature Jukebox at the Venetian, and we all enjoyed it. Well, the cancellation will give me more money to spend on my cruise coming up in December.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

October 24, 2016 at 4:08 pm #55887
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

^^^^^^Perfect, bluzdude. Enjoy your December cruise.

~CE

October 24, 2016 at 4:13 pm #55888
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

And to KRiff, I think I understood you well. It was made clear long ago that Vegas #1 was not selling as well as people expected. And as far as Vegas #2 went, tickets finally dropped to something like $40:00 to get rid of them.

Now the BIG question = is it time they hang it up? 

~CE

Attachments:
    October 24, 2016 at 5:08 pm #55897
    keefriffhards
    Participant

And to KRiff, I think I understood you well. It was made clear long ago that Vegas #1 was not selling as well as people expected. And as far as Vegas #2 went, tickets finally dropped to something like $40:00 to get rid of them. Now the BIG question = is it time they hang it up? ~CE

Hey CE you are on my wavelength on this, i don’t say they should hang it up but for these two reasons i will never see them again

One .  They are so old now that its going to be a very rare experience to see them all cooking on gas giving it full throttle at the same time, one or more members will be under performing at most shows from now on due to age.

Two.  Its becoming increasingly clear that they are just doing this for the money, i am convinced this is the only thing now motivating Mick, he knows as well as us that Keith is a shadow of the performer he once was and its ridiculous to charge the money they do to see Keith in this way.  Ok Keith has the odd night when he is exceptable ( like he was in Vegas )  as a guitarist, but this is very rare in 2016. I love Keith i really do but its hard to watch most nights, i find myself feeling awkward watching him attempt a solo instead of enjoying it. Ronnie is the same, he has nights where he is great but so many other nights where he is inaudible. He says he don’t drink for like 5 years, bullshit, Ronnie gets fucked up and its obvious when he plays. the Stones are only worth seeing when Keith and Ronnie are on their game, other wise we pay all that money to watch Mick hop skip and jump like a pansy while making a horrible sound with his thin nasally voice.  OK rant over.. I got banned for this in the other place.

Hopefully they will do some blues inspired shows, i think that will be a refreshing challenge for the band and maybe this will be worth seeing, but as for the old warhorses circus act, forget it.

I would just like to add, or ask you guitarists out there, what would be the reason that Keith and Ronnie can play as good as they did in Vegas the other night, but be such poor players on other nights. I mean they obviously can play really well when they want to. I love that they took the responsibility of covering for Mick because he wasn’t well, but it shows they can do it as apposed to this constant Keith bashing that he can’t play anymore. He obviously can, but doesn’t ,  same with Ronnie, why ???

October 24, 2016 at 9:44 pm #55900
    angee
    Participant

So I spent less than 24 hours in LV, T afternoon to W early morning.   Couldn’t stay for Saturday.

Yes, CE from what I heard the big party planned by Shidoobees was well-attended on Wed, no rush to get anywhere.  And there was a pre-party before the Sat. show too.

Bluzdude and Tauk–I am sorry we didn’t get our Wed. show.  I have no doubt Mick had throat problems after singing in the desert for two Fridays.  From the periscopes here I thought he was holding himself back a bit, still sounding good, and his harp playing was terrific.  The other band members pull together behind him in times like these.

I would go back but I’m not sure I’ll ever have a chance to see them again.  Like you, Tauk, I ended up paying more than face, which I will hopefully get back, but still, the return plane trip and hotel for one night cost some bucks.  I was glad to meet up with a couple of fans and one even bought me the white t-shirt with the blue tongue.   One other  thing I’m glad about is I talked my play director and her husband into going on Sat.–they were first-timers and loved the show.  I can’t see myself traveling too far and I just missed about the closest place they’d likely play to me.   (I say this now…)

Hasta luego, all youse peeps.

October 25, 2016 at 3:42 am #55906
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Sorry to hear that you guys missed the show, I’ve been there, forgot my passport to see the Stones play in the Netherlands, bummer.  From watching the quality YouTube videos it was the best show of 2016.  Kind of proves my point that a great Stones show is down to how Keith (especially) and Ronnie perform, not how much Mick runs and jumps, the fact that Mick wasn’t 100 percent made no difference, he was less irritating throughout lol.

Now whats this i hear about the Stones playing a private gig at Gillette stadium, shameless, absolutely shameless

October 25, 2016 at 2:41 pm #55923
    jasona93
    Participant

I suppose some of my Boston secret show comments were more appropriate in this thread. My friends and I couldn’t extend our trip, got a nice chunk of ticket money back on the back end that paid for some of the trip. Like Angee said I would do it again but who knows if I will have that chance. No Snafu or fubar or snafubars next time! If Buffalo Zip code was my last one, it was a hell of a last one to go out on.

There were Shidoobees events but there were only a million or so other things to do while there. No desire to be at any of that. Nice enough people with the same musical interests, but I don’t want to listen to them sing.

This thing about the money…wouldn’t YOU do it for the money? Chuck Berry wouldn’t go on UNTIL they paid him. And the family sizes keep growing – I don’t blame them. If I could say on the internet, ‘i’m gonna be here in a month at 8p to do ‘x’ (where x=anything not including punching my old man in the face) and when I’m done I have another million in hand, you bet your ass I’d do it for the money too.

I do however enjoy ‘Salt of the Earth’, both as a song on its own and a commentary on this issue, CE.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!