• September 3, 2016 at 4:26 pm #53982
    D
    Keymaster

September 3, 2016 at 5:23 pm #53984
    stonehearted
    Participant

I would like to have heard how the Stones would have handled Louie Louie. This 1964 rendition by the Kinks, with former Stones drummer Mic Avory, gives some idea of how it might have sounded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVjhbUnOk8

September 4, 2016 at 9:43 am #53986
    Roll Me
    Participant

Tallahassee Lassie….oh wait they did!!!

September 4, 2016 at 10:27 am #53987
    Breath
    Participant

tiny bubbles…maybe done in a quasi-polka style.  the stones really do need to seriously consider an all-polka album.  I can’t believe they are doing a blues album. been there enough already. BORING!!!

September 4, 2016 at 10:48 am #53988
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Lola:

~CE

September 4, 2016 at 3:10 pm #53997
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

They really have to watch out when choosing what to cover. Remember “Watching the River Flow” from a few years back? Or any of the live covers from Licks or ABB tour? A cover has to be better; or have a different approach from the original version, otherwise it makes no sense. A pale shadow of a great song….now that’s not much fun.

September 4, 2016 at 3:11 pm #53998
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

How about Row Row Row Your Boat?

September 4, 2016 at 3:24 pm #53999
    Breath
    Participant

But if they can’t improve on my kindergarten class rendition, which I still consider the definitive version – then to your point, Erik – what’s the point?

September 4, 2016 at 3:32 pm #54000
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

But if they can’t improve on my kindergarten class rendition, which I still consider the definitive version – then to your point, Erik – what’s the point?

Ouch, never heard that one…a whole class? That must have sounded great. I can only remember the version of me singing it while actually rowing a boat. But I see they got better competition now. Hmmm….what suggestion could we possible give them now?

September 4, 2016 at 3:47 pm #54001
    Breath
    Participant

Well they shouldn’t try it the traditional way we do in school- as a round. Can’t imagine them topping this fine rendition:

September 4, 2016 at 3:58 pm #54002
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

Keith and Ron would be lost even before they came in if they did it that way. Yes, that’s a fine renedition. Let’s drop Row Row Row Your Boat and instead advice them to do something that only one version exist of….. hey, this one; Quaq Quao could work, even though I like the original as well. I *think* they may be able to compete

September 4, 2016 at 4:00 pm #54003
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

I imagine Jagger singing the very very last word even better than the duck, it’s in Jaggers kind of style that last “quueee”

September 4, 2016 at 4:10 pm #54004
    Breath
    Participant

I could see Keith doing a chuck berry duckwalk during the guitar break on that one

September 4, 2016 at 4:34 pm #54006
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

…untill he falls backward and they immediately switch cameras

September 4, 2016 at 5:04 pm #54007
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

On seldom nights he lays an egg just before falling. After the song ends, Jagger would be clapping….”Bravo – bravo Keith!”

September 5, 2016 at 8:58 am #54023
    Roll Me
    Participant

lowering the bar are we in anticipation to the Covers Album?

September 5, 2016 at 11:11 am #54025
    Breath
    Participant

The bar lowering began a few decades ago and it has become a kinds of limbo exercise in seeing how low they can go ever since. Low low low your bar, gently….or something

September 5, 2016 at 5:17 pm #54031
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

Just thought of a very good suggestion for which song Keith could do on the album.  And it’s only 10 seconds long, so this could work!

September 6, 2016 at 12:18 am #54033
    tauk
    Participant

This is a hard thread question for me…how about
    “Gloria” based on the very 1st version by Van Morrison’s “Them” 1964 “garage rock” sound?

It shouldn’t be too difficult for Mick’s vocals-Van sort of uses a combination of speaking/shouting for much of it that might easily translate to Mick’s style.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

September 6, 2016 at 12:34 am #54034
    tauk
    Participant

Because Keith’s done “The Nearness of You” —–maybe if he’s in the mood for a slow solo song he could do “Georgia On My Mind” a bit like Ray Charles’s. Of course the piano is the main instrument Ray always used for this song…maybe Keith could do it on acoustic guitar to put a new spin on it.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.