14. Miss You
    15. Gimme Shelter
    16. Start Me Up
    17. Sympathy For The Devil
    18. Brown Sugar
    19. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
    20. Satisfaction

Rolling-Stones-Columbus-2015-Poster

Did you attend the show?  If so give us your review!

Attachments:
    October 7, 2015 at 4:59 am #22809
    Nikkei
    Participant

Ok I didn’t attend the show, but I listened to the livestream and the boot. In my opinion this is the Stones testing the waters in the critics section. As in “let’s see what sort of vanilla setlist we can expect to get away with” The first half sounds lackluster and Charlie on MR is probably the best example, very pedestrian. Sorry Charlie. I don’t believe they had an off night though because moving on to the warhorse parade the show does take off. So my money is on a conscious attempt by Mick wanting to know if they even get honest reviews in 2015. The Hang on Sloopy thing was a nice touch and the Ohio folks loved it. I look forward to read a firsthand review on this page soon

October 7, 2015 at 6:12 am #22818
    Marianita
    Participant

As a collector i have to get me this one just because of the hang on sloopy Version. I wasnt there but for me its always Nice listening to a stones boot that i havent heard before. Thanks Drake

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 7, 2015 at 6:31 am #22825
    shesarainbow
    Participant

I was there, it was awesome. Short review!

October 7, 2015 at 10:05 am #22846
    andrew t
    Participant

I’ve only been able to scrub through some bits and pieces so far. That’s some sick guitar tone on the Bitch solo, but it’s over before it can even take off.

October 7, 2015 at 10:19 am #22847
    jasona93
    Participant

I was also there! Lucky dipped, ended up lower level opposite the stage. We didn’t try to move, pretty content being able to stand and smoke cigs. The storm before the show had everyone worried the whole thing was in doubt, but as we saw the rest of the tour, Keith’s rain stick did its job. Hang on Sloopy was enjoyed by all given the location, perhaps a bit too short, though it went longer than Rick James’ ‘Superfreak’ in Buffalo. Everyone remembers these local bits added to each show though, tip of the hat to the advance research team.

I’m not much for going song by song but a few things stood out since this was my first stadium show, and I ‘d heard a bit of San Diego before this: 1. The volume – was impressively loud, guitars way up in the mix. 2. The venue is enormous, yet felt smaller. 3. First exposure to Karl Denson and I thought he did a tasteful job (many may disagree on that point, but I thought he was a good fit). 4. Rambler, as it did throughout the tour in person and on periscope, stopped me in my tracks, my favorite part of every show. 5. I was expecting more early tour road rust, and was pleasantly surprised at their form, so much that I needed to camp out on Ticketmaster waiting for the Platinum VIP drops in Pittsburgh.

October 7, 2015 at 12:29 pm #22866
    shesarainbow
    Participant

I was also there! Lucky dipped, ended up lower level opposite the stage. We didn’t try to move, pretty content being able to stand and smoke cigs. The storm before the show had everyone worried the whole thing was in doubt, but as we saw the rest of the tour, Keith’s rain stick did its job. Hang on Sloopy was enjoyed by all given the location, perhaps a bit too short, though it went longer than Rick James’ ‘Superfreak’ in Buffalo. Everyone remembers these local bits added to each show though, tip of the hat to the advance research team.

I’m not much for going song by song but a few things stood out since this was my first stadium show, and I ‘d heard a bit of San Diego before this: 1. The volume – was impressively loud, guitars way up in the mix. 2. The venue is enormous, yet felt smaller. 3. First exposure to Karl Denson and I thought he did a tasteful job (many may disagree on that point, but I thought he was a good fit). 4. Rambler, as it did throughout the tour in person and on periscope, stopped me in my tracks, my favorite part of every show. 5. I was expecting more early tour road rust, and was pleasantly surprised at their form, so much that I needed to camp out on Ticketmaster waiting for the Platinum VIP drops in Pittsburgh.

My younger sibling goes to OSU but it was my first time at the shoe and I was amazed at how many people were there! Pittsburgh definitely felt smaller, but the amount of people in Cbus made the stadium feel smaller than it is.

October 7, 2015 at 12:59 pm #22873
    D
    Keymaster

I really wanted to go to this show.  Had some friends who went, several with extra tickets too.  Unfortunately I had to attend a wedding (family member).  In my world family comes first, although I do love the Stones.

October 7, 2015 at 1:16 pm #22874
    Breath
    Participant

Didn’t Ed Sullivan refer to this one as a really really good “shoe”?

October 7, 2015 at 1:18 pm #22876
    Nikkei
    Participant

In my world family comes first, although I do love the Stones.

does that mean I am free to apply for our as of yet still vacant Official Tournulf position?

October 7, 2015 at 1:22 pm #22878
    Breath
    Participant

I really wanted to go to this show. Had some friends who went, several with extra tickets too. Unfortunately I had to attend a wedding (family member). In my world family comes first, although I do love the Stones.

why weren’t the stones privy to your family wedding prior to booking this show?  someone really dropped the ball there…

October 7, 2015 at 1:59 pm #22893
    jasona93
    Participant

My younger sibling goes to OSU but it was my first time at the shoe and I was amazed at how many people were there! Pittsburgh definitely felt smaller, but the amount of people in Cbus made the stadium feel smaller than it is.

I’ve never been in a big college football stadium before – I worked at Buffalo’s Ralph Wilson Stadium which seats around 70k for football. The Shoe was something else entirely, right on campus and very cool looking at night, seats a little steeper, but they have to be to fit 100k of them in the place..

October 8, 2015 at 12:26 pm #22942
    mingsubu
    Participant

Good concert and a great time in Columbus.

Poor audio and visual, but only video from this show that I have.

October 8, 2015 at 10:26 pm #22997
    D
    Keymaster

In my world family comes first, although I do love the Stones.

does that mean I am free to apply for our as of yet still vacant Official Tournulf position?

Nik bro your hired! I wish I could spend all my time following the Stones but instead I am happy to see them when I can. I would never abandon my family to see the Stones. My daughters would never forgive me, and I’d hate to miss our youngest (Magnolia) taking her first steps!

October 8, 2015 at 11:36 pm #23000
    Amy340
    Participant

I was at this show, the setlist was a little disappointing after the opener in San Diego, but a great show nonetheless. This was my add on show when the Lucky Dips became available. I got cheap airfare, a cheap hotel room, the Lucky Dips and was able to meet up with a good Stones friend for the show. I had seen them in Columbus twice before, but both times were in arenas, so this was my first time in “The Shoe”. I was actually surprised the seats were bleachers. It was an uncomfortable night for me standing on the hard cement as I had a minor procedure done on my foot the day before. Anyways, my Lucky Dips also ended up being lower level directly opposite the stage, I couldn’t complain for $29.50 a ticket (plus fees). I think Columbus was a lot of Lucky Dips and a lot not in the nosebleeds, as days before the show, there were a ton of seats open, seats discounted, and the Lucky Dips made available again.

Hang on Sloopy was lost on me not being from Ohio, but it was a fun surprise. It is always nice to get unexpected things like that!

October 10, 2015 at 10:30 am #23055
    mingsubu
    Participant

Looking through pics on my cloud and I found a couple more Columbus videos. Forgot I had them. Again, short clips and poor aud/vid.

I love how Keith signals the band to come back in.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!