Show based on on air and blue and lonesome.

• June 1, 2018 at 12:56 pm #73636
    Nicktheace
    Participant

I am having a great time listening to on air and blue and lonesome, and wondered if the stones could ever do a new show based just on these two albums, perhaps in smaller venues. This would be amazing- I wonder if any one in the know on this fansite could shed any light on this!! It may just be me getting over excited waiting for Manchester gig on tuesday.

June 26, 2018 at 2:51 pm #73711
    Nicktheace
    Participant

My thoughts would be 5 songs from blue and lonesome 5 songs from on air + the regular songs. I think this would be amazing any chance of the stones doing this??

July 1, 2018 at 4:29 am #73712
    Marianita
    Participant

I like them to play the entire Goat’s head soup, It’s only rocknroll and black and blue in a holy mish mash instead. On air was funny but the very early 60’s Stones i like but don’t play too often. The blue and lonesome album could be the encore to the goats, it’s only and black and blue, Welcome to the black and lonesome tour featuring MICK TAYLOR

Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division, FSA-OWI Collection

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

July 19, 2018 at 10:16 am #73879
    Breath
    Participant

I go back and forth on my impressions of B&L…sometimes i’m impressed, sometimes i’m not.  jagger definitely is the star, vocally and on the harp.  i’m struck, though, by the complete lack of imagination of how to transform and make any of these covers their own…they used to do that with blues covers, like Stop Breakin’ Down and Love in Vain….these are just stock arrangements and the backing band could have been almost anyone…you really don’t hear any signature licks from Ronnie or Keith….very strange.  Still I find myself listening to this on occasion…good for loud car-driving fare….

July 19, 2018 at 12:13 pm #73882
    Nikkei
    Participant

the intro to Roll over beethoven… Keef could still do that. There’s something in there CB couldnt do. Open the club show with it

July 19, 2018 at 12:15 pm #73883
    Nikkei
    Participant

I go back and forth on my impressions of B&L…sometimes i’m impressed, sometimes i’m not. jagger definitely is the star, vocally and on the harp. i’m struck, though, by the complete lack of imagination of how to transform and make any of these covers their own…they used to do that with blues covers, like Stop Breakin’ Down and Love in Vain….these are just stock arrangements and the backing band could have been almost anyone…you really don’t hear any signature licks from Ronnie or Keith….very strange. Still I find myself listening to this on occasion…good for loud car-driving fare….

Just be merry that you got to spend an hour with The Sound. You dont get that when you put on a Bigger Bang

July 19, 2018 at 1:52 pm #73886
    Breath
    Participant

I don’t put on bigger bang; problem solved

August 12, 2018 at 5:20 pm #74274
    Nicktheace
    Participant

I have a new suggested playlist. I think they have played most songs before live at some point, but here goes anyway.

1 start me up 2 Hangfire 3 slave 4 can’t you hear me knocking 5 beast of burden 6 19th nervous breakdown 7 before they make me run 8 dead flowers 9 she was hot 10 rip this joint 11 soul survivor 12 sweet black angel 13 like a rolling stone 14 get off of my cloud 15 it’s all over now 16 gimme shelter 17 cracking up 18 star star 19 dance little sister 20 honky tonk women.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!