• October 14, 2015 at 2:41 pm #23803
    D
    Keymaster

At 4:22 when Martin Scorsese is reviewing the ‘potential’ setlist he actually mentions Too Much Blood and Mr. Pitiful as songs that Mick “wants to do”.  Then a few seconds later Mick is on a plane and he shows a list of ‘proposed songs’….

Beacon Theater Proposed Songs

• As Tears Go By
    • Back Of My Hand
    • Factory Girl
    • Far Away Eyes
    • Fool To Cry
    • Just My Imagination
    • Loving Cup
    • Moonlight Mile
    • Shattered
    • She’s A Rainbow
    • Shine A Light
    • Some Girls
    • Sway
    • You’ve Got The Silver
    • Little T&A
    • Too Much Blood
    • Dead Flowers
    • I’m Free
    • Down The Road Apiece
    • Let It Rock
    • Tell Me
    • Crazy Mama
    • Bright Lights (big city)
    • Laugh I Nearly Died
    • Live It Up (Isley Bros Coer)
    • Mr. Pitiful
    • Sweet Neo Con
    • Winter

Songs Given To Martin Scorsese

• Sympathy
    • Satisfaction
    • Tumbling Dice
    • Loving Cup
    • Far Away Eyes
    • JJFlash
    • Honky Tonk Women
    • Crazy Mama

Suggested To Jack White

• Let It Bleed
    • Loving Cup
    • Some Girls

Wow…  It was a stellar gig…  My favorite Stones experience of all time, and the film barely captures how cool it really was, especially because the guitars keep going up n down the whole time during the film…  even so, some real gems in the proposed setlist.

October 14, 2015 at 2:44 pm #23804
    D
    Keymaster

Guys my mind has been completely blown.  Mick actually considered playing Live It Up by the Isley Brothers at the Beacon…

October 14, 2015 at 2:51 pm #23806
    D
    Keymaster

More Beacon Setlist pages…

Fast

• Connection
    • Crazy Mama
    • Down The Road Apiece
    • Factory Girl
    • Get Off My Cloud
    • Get Up Stand Up
    • Let It Rock
    • Live It Up (Isley Brothers)
    • Mr. Pitifu
    • Rain Fall Down
    • She Was Hot
    • Too Much Blood
    • Undercover of the Night
    • Drop Down Mama (blues by Sleepy John Estes)

Midtempo

• 19th Nervous Breakdown
    • Biggest Mistake
    • Country Honk
    • Emotional Rescue
    • Harlem Shuffle
    • I’m Free
    • Loving Cup
    • Mannish Boy
    • She’s A Rainbow
    • Shine A Light
    • Some Girls
    • Sweet Neo Con
    • The Last Time
    • You Don’t Have To Mean It

Martin Scorsese Suggestions

• Out of Time
    • Paint It Black
    • It’s All Over Now
    • Sitting on a Fence
    • Take It or Leave It
    • The Spider and the Fly
    • Little Queenie
    • Play With Fire
    • Ruby Tuesday
    • She’s A Rainbow
    • Under Assistant West Coast Promo Man
    • Have You Seen Your Mother Baby Standing In The Shadows
    • Tell Me
    • Off The Hook
    • Rip This Joint
    • Memory Motel
    • Shine A Light
    • Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
    • That’s How Strong My Love Is
    October 15, 2015 at 2:54 pm #23976
    Breath
    Participant

see now this is depressing.  I thought the show I went to was pretty good – give it a B-….but now that I see what might have been, I am forced to adjust my assessment and downgrade it to a C-….damn you, Mick…

October 15, 2015 at 3:21 pm #23979
    Anonymous

What set list would have made The Beacon shows an A?
    Tells us Mr. Breathorator.
    And don’t curse Mick Jagger again. Me and tauk will scratch your eyes out.

Tim

October 15, 2015 at 4:05 pm #23984
    munichhilton
    Participant

Drake

I think that these were the “Mr. Jagger, the cameras are on” setlist proposals…in the true spirit of You Don’t Have To Mean It

Does Marty realize the Stones actually moved past the 60’s at some point?

I’m surprised he didn’t want to hear “Come Together”

October 15, 2015 at 4:06 pm #23985
    D
    Keymaster

see now this is depressing. I thought the show I went to was pretty good – give it a B-….but now that I see what might have been, I am forced to adjust my assessment and downgrade it to a C-….damn you, Mick…

Ha!  I honestly thought it was an A across the board.  I enjoyed every minute of it.  Many fans were overly critical of the film but aside from the frantic editing it came across very well.  Still my favorite show I have ever attended!

October 15, 2015 at 4:13 pm #23986
    Breath
    Participant

see now this is depressing. I thought the show I went to was pretty good – give it a B-….but now that I see what might have been, I am forced to adjust my assessment and downgrade it to a C-….damn you, Mick…

Still my favorite show I have ever attended!

yes, I know. but you were deprived as a result of being too young. not entirely your fault.

October 15, 2015 at 4:17 pm #23987
    Breath
    Participant

Does Marty realize the Stones actually moved past the 60’s at some point? I’m surprised he didn’t want to hear “Come Together”

the sixties are the new nineties…or something….

October 15, 2015 at 4:28 pm #23988
    Anonymous

Which was the better show? Night one or night two?
    I thought the first night was better than the second night. Even though Keith butchered Little T and A.

But what do I know about seeing the Stones live?

Tell us Keymaster and moderator. Which Beacon show did you like better?

Tim

October 15, 2015 at 5:53 pm #23998
    munichhilton
    Participant

I have to admit Tim…I personally liked the amalgamation of nights thrown together in haste and delivered in a package called CD release…or Night 3!

October 15, 2015 at 6:13 pm #24001
    stonehearted
    Participant

Night 3 is the go-to safety option, in case nights 1 and 2 don’t work out–otherwise known as the studio production console.

October 15, 2015 at 6:20 pm #24002
    munichhilton
    Participant

In the words of that Leonard guy….”Well you got that right! Sho got that right!”

October 15, 2015 at 6:44 pm #24005
    trumplefingers
    Participant

Which was the better show? Night one or night two? I thought the first night was better than the second night. Even though Keith butchered Little T and A. But what do I know about seeing the Stones live? Tell us Keymaster and moderator. Which Beacon show did you like better? Tim

…what does ‘key master’ even mean?  Does that mean you can type 80 wpm?

October 15, 2015 at 6:53 pm #24008
    Anonymous

As much as Drake works he better be typing 100 words per minute.
    Other than that it is a pretty ceremonial position.

Tim

October 15, 2015 at 7:02 pm #24010
    trumplefingers
    Participant

As much as Drake works he better be typing 100 words per minute. Other than that it is a pretty ceremonial position. Tim

Tim, when you’re right, you’re right!

October 15, 2015 at 7:48 pm #24022
    D
    Keymaster

When in NYC for the Beacon we originally were told three nights…

Night 1 – Gig 1
    Night 2 – Rehearsal night
    Night 3 – Gig 2

The 2nd night didn’t happen and was a bummer for all of us contacted by the Scorsese office.  Then it dawned on me…  Wait a minute…  Night 2 is actually Halloween..  I’m in NYC….  on Halloween..  This is great.

We all then proceeded to have a great night hanging out in New York with dang butterfly costumes everywhere that smack you in the face as you go along.

Its funny to look at this from a hardcore fan perspective.  Personally night 2 was the most exciting thought for me.  I would far rather hangout during a rehearsal when the rare songs get a play, than the actual gig.  The Stones being HUMAN…  Missing riffs/cues, etc…  I love that stuff.  I also knew it would be far more likely that we’d hear a rare blues/Berry tune on the rehearsal night than the actual gig.

Night 1 was an excellent performance.  Undercover was the best version live that has ever been played…  My two cents ofcourse.

October 16, 2015 at 12:36 pm #24090
    SkipStone
    Participant

Horrible. Considering the way they played those shows and what turned out in the movie and on the album? Thankfully they didn’t do any stellar obscure tunes (like some that Marty was supposedly asking for) because the tunes they did play sucked. It’s the one album of their I have that I deleted from my computer and refuse to listen to. It’s their worst live release ever.

The movie was a load of cock. That crap with Marty… the fake drama, the set list. Just one giant load of shit. And then there’s how Mick comes out during JJF sounding like someone has squeezed his balls too much.

October 16, 2015 at 12:46 pm #24091
    LongBeachArena72
    Participant
    <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Does Marty realize the Stones actually moved past the 60’s at some point?</span>
    their set lists of the last 40 years notwithstanding … 🙂

October 16, 2015 at 12:55 pm #24094
    Breath
    Participant

Horrible. Considering the way they played those shows and what turned out in the movie and on the album? Thankfully they didn’t do any stellar obscure tunes (like some that Marty was supposedly asking for) because the tunes they did play sucked. It’s the one album of their I have that I deleted from my computer and refuse to listen to. It’s their worst live release ever. The movie was a load of cock. That crap with Marty… the fake drama, the set list. Just one giant load of shit. And then there’s how Mick comes out during JJF sounding like someone has squeezed his balls too much.

knit-picker…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.