• September 4, 2016 at 1:13 pm #53993
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

CONFIRMED!!

http://songmango.com/rolling-stones-to-announce-2nd-las-vegas-show/

Sounds very likely to me. It’s been rumoured for a very long time now!

~CE šŸ˜ŽĀ 

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 4, 2016 at 2:54 pm #53996
    Breath
    Participant

I have never believed there would be a second Vegas show. However I definitely believe there will be a third one

September 5, 2016 at 10:20 am #54024
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

NOT confirmed/announced yet someone has tickets:

http://www.kfox.com/contest/win-tickets-rolling-stones-las-vegas

~CE :mrgreen:Ā 

September 5, 2016 at 3:18 pm #54026
    Erik_Snow
    Participant

Or this “Chris Jackson” is in so desperate need of an audience that he doesn’t mind the consequences

September 5, 2016 at 4:30 pm #54028
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Or this ā€œChris Jacksonā€ is in so desperate need of an audience that he doesnā€™t mind the consequences

No, I think it’s going to happen. Stonesdoug said that date (22 October) a long time ago. It’s always a waiting game with the Stones.

~CE

Attachments:
    September 5, 2016 at 10:50 pm #54032
    tauk
    Participant

Being a Stones fan is exhausting! Two years now I feel like I’ve been on a roller coaster ride when it comes to their concerts. I don’t know how some of you real long term fans who regularly still go to their concerts can stand the strain. Unless you’re rich or get free tickets and also have plenty of flexibility with your schedule.

No worries now though for me, am set for the Oct 19th show. But it just kills me to think maybe I could’ve gotten an even better seat at the 2nd show. Wanting a real close to the stage or at least to the runway is what plagues me, drives me nuts.

Oh well, it’s just all “First World” Problems. šŸ™‚

I recallĀ seeing another rock group scheduled at the T MobileĀ Arena for Sat Oct 22 but that was a couple months ago (I can’t recall which group it was but it was a familiar name). Now I notice on T-MobileĀ Arena’s website there is nothing scheduled for that date.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

September 6, 2016 at 6:58 am #54036
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

^^^^^^^I can only speak for myself but the entire Stones’ thing is a process. I didn’t get front rows after two years of loving the Stones. I started loving them in 1964-5. My first show was 1972. And it has a lot to do with luck – the big heroin bust happened in MY city, Toronto. Then I got closer and closer to the band. To Keith and then to all of them.

I think that expecting to get DFC’s (dead-fucking centres) after two years of fandom is not feasible. And about being rich, well yes……..many people obtain DFC’s from scalpers at outrageous prices. Good for them! If you’ve got it, spend it on what you love.

And regarding how tiring the process can be – YES. That’s why I’ll only do the small club gigs now. Being in a huge place with “90,000 people” (quote from MJ in ’25×5′) is simply silly and it wears thin. Quickly.

What I’m trying to say here is this – gratitude and patience pays off. Be grateful for what you have. Better seats will come to those who wait patiently and with appreciation for this band.

That’s MY experience, for what it’s worth.

~CE (pic of Keith in Toronto, 1977)

Attachments:
    September 6, 2016 at 11:25 am #54039
    bluzdude
    Participant

^^^^^^^What Iā€™m trying to say here is this ā€“ gratitude and patience pays off. Be grateful for what you have. Better seats will come to those who wait patiently and with appreciation for this band. Thatā€™s MY experience, for what itā€™s worth. ~CE (pic of Keith in Toronto, 1977)

I wish that was true for me. In 47 years of going to Stones shows I have struck out at smaller venues every time attempted. I have also never had an “up front” or even near up frontĀ ticket, except for the Slane Castle show in 2007. even then I was towards the back of the Golden Circle. IĀ  haveĀ  opportunities to be up front, but not at $1,600 plus.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

September 6, 2016 at 12:31 pm #54040
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

^^^^^Bluzdude, I understand. Regarding the small gigs, you need someone to alert you to the event. I remember for Palais Royale, I started phoning people at 2am. As long as they got themselves in the line by 4am, they got in. For $10:00. Same thing for The Phoenix Concert Theatre.

In Toronto, it also helps that word spreads quickly about the small venues. That’s what I meant by Torontonians being “lucky for the heroin bust”. It placed the band here for many, many occasions.

That said, for 1972 and 1975, I literally SLEPT IN THE ALLEYWAY behind Maple Leaf Gardens in order to be in line for when the ticket booth opened. And for The El Mocambo in 1977, we lined up/slept on Spadina Avenue in the bitterly cold March rain. It was a horribly COLD rain.

In the end, I think it’s safe to say that long time Stones’ fans have paid our dues.

~CE

Added thought: Now that Stones’ fansites are here, I’ve TRIED to give hints about small venues over at *elsewhere* and my info was met with “everyone knew that long before she said it” and “what does she know?”. That’s ONE huge reason I called BV out for NOT posting that he was in line at The Fonda or wherever. Why not help other fans get into these small venues? All that got me was getting banned!! Not cool, in my opinion.

Attachments:
    September 6, 2016 at 1:08 pm #54043
    bluzdude
    Participant

The problem with the Fonda, being first in line didn’t mean a thing. Most of the “public” that got tickets wereĀ  techies(sp?) with high speed computer access who went for the tickets because they heard their parents or grandparents liked this group.

Those I know who got into the Fonda, got in because of connections (bv among them)….I have no problems with people who have connections, just don’t lie about it.

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

September 6, 2016 at 1:38 pm #54044
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

YesĀ Ā bluzdude, I did hear about the techies who scooped up the tickets at The Fonda. I think that’s why I’m all for the wristband policy. That said, yes …… there were a few wristbands at Palais Royale which (somehow?) were sold and transferred from the person in line to a fan for a very hefty price. 👿 Is this how seeing the Stones must be done? I have no answers for that question. Wish I had a reasonable answer.Ā 

~CE 🇨🇦 🎸 🇨🇦

September 7, 2016 at 8:52 am #54062
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

As much as it pains me to post this – Sasha Allen will be on the Desert Thingie and in the Vegas Things.

LISA!!!!!Ā  LISA!!!! LISA!!!! LISA!!!!

~CE

Attachments:
    September 8, 2016 at 8:43 am #54073
    andrew t
    Participant

I just checked StubHub and there are dozens upon dozens tickets available in the best sections.

Vendors are still asking stupid prices but with the sheer volume of tickets on the secondary market, and most people planning the trip to see them already having bought it’s a good bet that a lot of these vendors will have to sell below cost or eat their tickets on show day.

In my experience, the best time to check and see if someone blinks is the day before or around lunchtime on show day, or right as the show is starting.

September 8, 2016 at 9:58 am #54076
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

I just checked StubHub and there are dozens upon dozens tickets available in the best sections. Vendors are still asking stupid prices but with the sheer volume of tickets on the secondary market, and most people planning the trip to see them already having bought itā€™s a good bet that a lot of these vendors will have to sell below cost or eat their tickets on show day. In my experience, the best time to check and see if someone blinks is the day before or around lunchtime on show day, or right as the show is starting.

Andrew, are you talking about tickets for the second show? On sale already? I agree that the BEST time for tickets (on the street) is right as showtime begins. That’s when the scalpers get desperate.

~CE

September 8, 2016 at 10:18 am #54080
    jasona93
    Participant

Just confirmed. The real news is Vegas 2 is billed as the last US show in 2016.

September 8, 2016 at 10:22 am #54082
    jasona93
    Participant

Presale Wed 9/14, onsale Fri 9/16.

September 8, 2016 at 10:30 am #54084
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Thanks Jason. Yes, it’s the FINAL show for 2016!!

~CE šŸ˜ŽĀ 

September 8, 2016 at 11:11 am #54085
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

I was just speaking to a friend in Toronto and now we have to consider (worry about) a rehearsal gig for all of this. Never ending looking for small gigs. Too funny.

~CE 🇨🇦🌞🇨🇦

September 8, 2016 at 4:30 pm #54095
    jasona93
    Participant

I was just speaking to a friend in Toronto and now we have to consider (worry about) a rehearsal gig for all of this. Never ending looking for small gigs. Too funny. ~CE 🇨🇦🌞🇨🇦

CE, you’d think before desert trip. Here’s hoping!

September 8, 2016 at 4:36 pm #54096
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Yes, my friend in Toronto and I were looking at the calendar and trying to think when a rehearsal gig might take place. Definitely before the Desert Trip!

~CE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.