Reviews (Media & Otherwise) of the Havana Concert

• March 26, 2016 at 10:07 am #42659
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Here’s one from Rolling Stone Magazine:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/live-reviews/rolling-stones-thrill-huge-crowd-at-historic-havana-show-20160326

Please post other reviews you come across. Thanks.

~CE

March 26, 2016 at 10:58 am #42666
    D
    Keymaster

For once this is a great ‘official’ press release video.  Often during the chorus we can’t really hear what Keith is actually playing, which is actually wonderful.  Finally on this video we can hear the proper cuts/riffs across the chorus by Keith…

March 29, 2016 at 6:05 am #42837
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Bumping for soulrob to find easily.

~CE 😎 

March 29, 2016 at 6:29 am #42842
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

March 29, 2016 at 8:07 am #42900
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

“It was insanely great” said soulrob to me. I told him to relax and take his time to do one of his classic reviews for us.

~CE

March 29, 2016 at 7:57 pm #43202
    soulrob
    Participant

Hey EOMS friends. Cocaine Eyes asked me to post a review here. I wrote the following review for an internet site who hired me called Sessions X. I thought of writing a different review for EOMS but I would end up just saying the same thing so instead, with permission of the company who owns Sessions X, I am sharing the lin.

The written review is about 1400 words and is accompanied by a quick 1:50 video review. The latter was shot on cell phone immediately after the concert and the sound could be better. The written review tells the story pretty well. I would add a couple of things that many of you will already know: there was no merchandise for sale although about 100 blue and white t-shirts (the two different designs available from the Stones website) were thrown out free to lucky fans around 4:00 or 5:00; there was no food or water for sale and there were 6 portable toilets for all the people crammed into the first section (I would guess about 100,000 people in total). I don’t know how many toilets, if any, were outside that area. The figure of 1.2 million is the one the Stones are officially using. I originally wrote the review saying a half million. Hard to say what the real number of people who saw and/or heard the concert was. Once I was in position after the gates were opened at 2 pm, I could not move to find a washroom, eat or anything else until 11:00 when the show was over. Then getting back to where I was staying was a monumental task. But . . . every moment was worth it!

http://sessionsx.com/tracks/reviews/the-rolling-stones-rock-havana/

March 29, 2016 at 8:21 pm #43208
    soulrob
    Participant

The white card that the Cuban government supposedly distributed to select Cubans for entry at the front. This system fell apart as in the rush at 2:00 the barriers separating this area were knocked down. That said, they were later put up again and at that point if you didn’t have one of these you could not get back in.

Attachments:
    March 30, 2016 at 11:59 am #43251
    andrew t
    Participant

Wonderful reporting, Rob. thanks!

March 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm #43253
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Andrew, were your ears burning last night? It’s because Rob and I were talking about you and Vortex Records! Ahhh, the good old days!

~CE :mrgreen: 

March 31, 2016 at 10:39 am #43349
    andrew t
    Participant

For once this is a great ‘official’ press release video. Often during the chorus we can’t really hear what Keith is actually playing, which is actually wonderful. Finally on this video we can hear the proper cuts/riffs across the chorus by Keith… <iframe src=”https://embed.theguardian.com/embed/video/music/video/2016/mar/26/rolling-stones-cuba-havana-jumpin-jack-flash-video” width=”560″ height=”315″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

Yeah Keith is f’in great in this clip. Keith’s slashing chords after the chorus (at around the :32 mark) are hair raisingly good. Too bad Mick is drowned out by the “background” singers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!