Pictures from the Rolling Stones in Stuttgart 2018

• March 13, 2018 at 11:44 am #73468
    Nikkei
    Participant

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have 2018! For me, thats 19 years since the first time and I managed to close a very special circle. Two days later and still very few pics of the show on the forums. So I will upload some of mine. There’s no need to talk about how amazing it was since everyone knows. Heartfelt thanks to Peter and Reinhold who got me a LD ticket on short notice. I managed to say hello to Bjornulf at the LD pickup spot, I used the opportunity to issue an apology on behalf of all of us; BV said he wasn’t angry (with me) Perfect night!!

Attachments:
    July 2, 2018 at 5:25 pm #73722
    Nikkei
    Participant

Attachments:
    July 3, 2018 at 8:55 am #73739
    Marianita
    Participant

Nice pictures and thank you. Looks like you got a nice spot, did you like the show show, Nikkei?are you satisfied now? 🙂

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

July 3, 2018 at 4:34 pm #73740
    Nikkei
    Participant

I was in a lot of spots. Usually I don’t take any pictures, so this was a first for me. Thank you, I also think many of them turned out great. Likely because the concert was great. Literally breathtaking, in every sense. On iorr there’s several reports on how aggressive security were in the gold circle and I could tell my own story about that. They wouldn’t let you dance a bit and always sent you to the back even when you had seat 11 in row 5. Let’s just say I cursed and flipped them off and didn’t get to see the final bow xD

Attachments:
    July 3, 2018 at 4:36 pm #73746
    Nikkei
    Participant

I guess that leaves me unsatisfied^^

July 4, 2018 at 1:28 am #73748
    Nikkei
    Participant

IMG_4570IMG_4574IMG_4575

This is Peter and Reinhold. They both said they’re not on the Forums but now here they are. Both of them are fabulous dudes. Apparently Andreea from Romania was there too, but I didn’t see her and I’m sort of pissed at her because she deleted her videoclip from Stockholm 2014 off YT but left all her other ones online. Whatever, you always make a whole lot of friends at the shows. Ben from France would be another one, we know him from the official Hyde Park film and he captured the opening number like a total pro:

Attachments:
    July 4, 2018 at 5:34 am #73757
    Marianita
    Participant

Thank you for the pics and video. The picture of Keith and the Polizei badge is just awesome. Maybe unsatisfied with the security guys but you had a nice spot there just a couple of meter’s from those living legend’s, guess that felt good.I haven’t read anything about it, but it seems like the security gorilla’s acted like idiot’s. In Oslo a gorilla went mad at me just because i was sitting on someones shoulder, i just ignored him, but he came over the fence and dragged me down. and btw, who is that handsome devil with the green sunglasses, looks like a classy Stones dude 😉

July 4, 2018 at 5:55 am #73762
    Marianita
    Participant

And why didn’t Keith do something about the security guys? like “i want those men out of the way , If they doesn’t stop it man, we don’t play” or something like that.

July 4, 2018 at 7:11 am #73771
    Nikkei
    Participant

Thank you for the pics and video. The picture of Keith and the Polizei badge is just awesome. Maybe unsatisfied with the security guys but you had a nice spot there just a couple of meter’s from those living legend’s, guess that felt good.I haven’t read anything about it, but it seems like the security gorilla’s acted like idiot’s. In Oslo a gorilla went mad at me just because i was sitting on someones shoulder, i just ignored him, but he came over the fence and dragged me down. and btw, who is that handsome devil with the green sunglasses, looks like a classy Stones dude 😉

Uhm, that would be yours truly xD thanks again, you are too nice. It’s a shame that the others won’t log in anymore, because you’re lighting the whole place up day by day. Sitting on someones shoulders is THE way to enjoy the concert as a wild ride! If they’re not cool with that, maybe, but he actually got physical with you?? That’s enough to file a written complaint to the Arena Management I say. But I’m sure he could not drag YOU down =)

July 5, 2018 at 3:57 am #73772
    Marianita
    Participant

Uhm, that would be yours truly xD thanks again, you are too nice. It’s a shame that the others won’t log in anymore, because you’re lighting the whole place up day by day. Sitting on someones shoulders is THE way to enjoy the concert as a wild ride! If they’re not cool with that, maybe, but he actually got physical with you?? That’s enough to file a written complaint to the Arena Management I say. But I’m sure he could not drag YOU down =)

🙂 It wasn’t very ugly, he grabbed me by the arm and dragged me off easily. When i asked him what he was doing, he told me it was his instructions to do so. But i had a nice show and that’s what matter’s. I’d like to hear your thoughts about the Stuttgart show, highlights and “downlights”? And about the other’s i don’t know, guess they are licking BV’s boots. i miss some of them though, but what can you do? as long as the guitar will play, i guess i’m satisfied 😉

July 5, 2018 at 5:45 pm #73774
    Nikkei
    Participant

I’m staying at my aunt’s here and she also said “They are only following orders” and it’s true but there’s always more than one way to follow orders. Glad to hear that the guy you met in Oslo was reasonable enough to tell you that. The guys in Stuttgart had a sort of military vibe on them, but the vibe of the Stones was just so much stronger that they knew they had no point in even being there. For me, they didn’t ruin anything, looking back I find it almost funny. Others who paid the regular price for the circle might be totally pissed off and I get that. But the security Situation was the only lowlight I can think of. Remember that the No Security Tour was 1999, this is the No Filter Tour. The energy of all four Stones was off the chart as usual. Unimaginable. You could not dream them up. I’m still not warm with the new faces in the backline… I miss Lisa. If you listen to the bootlegs, Lisa Fischer on GS was absolutely the one thing that was better in 1999. And perhaps the late Mr Keys but you can’t always get and so on… I can’t believe I’m writing this but the actual Stones are better now. Much more concentrated in space and time. They are like red wine in that regard. Nobody played one unnecesseary note of bullshit. Except for Darryl who didn’t sound all too inspired. Suppose he’s like the guy on the locomotive who has to keep on shoveling that coal in. I said hi to Chuck as he ran past me while I was on the phone an hour before the show. He stepped over a red tape and was swiftly gone. Won’t talk about Clifford, I guess he said the magic opening spell alright. Highlights were opening with Street Fighting Man in this day and age, Keiths soli on IORR, HTW and… Sympathy! Look it up, he really played a very nice solo on that. I was a little taken aback because I didn’t believe in that. He caught me off guard again. Mr Watts pushed Midnight Rambler over the edge like never before. It was some sort of counter-beat to the thing he usually does and Mick actually asked him to shut it over the PA three times. He was out on the runway and I was going crazy right next to him and didn’t even see he was there. The audience interaction part in the middle did not feel scripted. I think Mick started with “My My My” and then said “If you know how to Party say…” and just made it up on the fly just like on Ya-Yas. Go figure. LSTNT was the vote song which was nice because it meant that Keith and Mick sang together. Someone on iorr wrote that Mick didn’t play harmonica on REOD which speaks volumes because we all didn’t notice until now. Like a Rolling Stone… I honestly believe the Stones received the song as a present from Mr Dylan. They made it their own anyway. I was jumping up and down on other peoples toes and into their backs and asked them How does it feel xD more pics later

July 9, 2018 at 9:21 am #73776
    Marianita
    Participant

The security situation sounded bad but i’m glad you had a good time. Very nice and funny read. Who doesn’t miss Lisa, especially the heyday’s Lisa? Street fightin* man is a good opener and i agree with you, the boys’s still have some attitude left. I dont think today Stones is comperable to ya ya’s because it’s another time, another spirit some other girls and Stewart,Taylor and Wyman and a lot of drugs. Nikkei are you happy with the song options for the song vote’s? I think they can do better than that, some more obscure songs for the diehards 🙂 Under my thumb was a nice one. LSTNT 81/82 are my fave live version of the song. I liked a lot of stuff from this tour and i’m impressed how this men still can play and put up some good show’s. I hope they soon is touring again with a totally other concept, small gigs, less people on stage, other songs and so on, but i’m pleased if we get another Vegas tour too, because i hope this band never stop’s. ONE LOVE and send my regards to your auntie, Nikkei 🙂  😉   waiting for the San Jose release and some other bootleg’s. And Nikkei,please let the pictures come, i like them, and if we all close our eyes together then we will see were we all come from, or something

July 15, 2018 at 7:33 am #73794
    Nikkei
    Participant

I’m going to upload the rest of the pictures as well… nut sure how to explain this without sounding like a desolate idiot, but I can’t do this from home. in short: I live with other people, they don’t pay their share for the landline, then vodafone throttles the internet so it does feel like 56k in the 90s. I don’t see why I should pick up the tab everytime this happens. So I need to do it elsewhere… another thing is, some of the pics feel very special to me and I don’t want to share them on the net. Especially not on a site where the others log on to look at them but don’t even comment. This is not about me at all, we’re on a fan forum and when we got exclusive material, you just comment on that. It’s the whole point I got on the forums in the first place. Marianita if you give me your eMail address and promise not to share them further, I will send you the special pictures

July 16, 2018 at 10:45 am #73799
    Breath
    Participant

I listened to the San Jose archive show the other night…including the two Japanese bonus tracks from the second show.  brought back some good memories, as I was at both shows.  first of the two was definitely better…we were down by the b-stage that night…rambler was hot!  also remembered in between shows we wandered along a deserted beach in santa cruz and were ticketed ($125 fine) for drinking beer there…I explained to the cop that we BOUGHT the beer on the beach from a snack kiosk…he said, yeah, we’re trying to stop those sales…uh…yeah.  two good shows, though…last tour that keith really had his full complement of chops…unfortunately this was the “Ronnie the Clown” era…lots of posing, not much playing.

July 16, 2018 at 1:20 pm #73800
    Nikkei
    Participant

Remember when we tried to simultaneously listen to the 1999 Stuttgart bootleg? Great times. I have just the story for you: When Keith stepped forward to do his IORR solo, Ronnie posed and mimed what resembled him starting off a solo himself and totally going off the rails. You could not hear a note he played. I can’t help but think the clown act is to fool around with the people who believe he is secretly playing all the soli. It looked like that for a second, then it suddenly looked like he was staggering drunk and about to fall over on the drum riser. I’m not making that up, its all on YT

July 16, 2018 at 1:28 pm #73801
    Nikkei
    Participant

Full Show

The Rolling Stones – FULL SET Live @ Stuttgart_ Germany – No Filter Tour – 30.06

July 18, 2018 at 2:17 pm #73827
    Marianita
    Participant

Typical cops, beating up the wrong guys. Have you watched the San Jose show, Breath, could you see yourself down at the B stage. I really like the San Jose show. Always nice to hear songs like i got the blues played live, and the Keith songs stay strong. I never liked some girls played live but this version is ok. And Nikkei thanks for posting the Stuttgart show, watched it earlier and it’s good, what happened to Keith?

there were some mobilephones in Stuttgart

July 18, 2018 at 3:17 pm #73832
    Breath
    Participant

no i haven’t watched the video…i’m not big into videos….i just like to illegally download audio for free and then listen to them for free.  pretty much everything i do is for free…maybe to do what i want any ol’ time….or something.

July 18, 2018 at 3:34 pm #73838
    Marianita
    Participant

ha ha of course, i’m free too. And btw the Taylor solo starts at 1:45, this kind of slow melodic stoned beauty solo we dont get nowadays

July 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm #73839
    Nikkei
    Participant

All things that make life worth the while are in essence free, arent they? The shows are on the net in full and thats alright, some people only wanna smell a bit and others empty four bowls in one sitting. I found a ticket under a seat next to me and it said €353. I dare you to find someone who says the Stones ripped him off.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!