• May 24, 2016 at 6:52 am #48043
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Perhaps we could add some musical thoughts/vids here for Gord Downie of The Tragically Hip. I fully believe that music heals:

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2016/05/24/tragically-hip-singer-gord-downie-diagnosed-with-terminal-brain-cancer.html

~CE

May 24, 2016 at 7:53 am #48044
    Marianita
    Participant

Thats sad. Hope he gets well. Heres some easy good vibe chill music

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

May 24, 2016 at 7:55 am #48045
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

May 24, 2016 at 8:24 am #48047
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Bobcaygeon:

~CE

May 24, 2016 at 10:15 am #48055
    jasona93
    Participant

This one really hurts. On a personal level, the Hip has been the soundtrack of more than half of my life thanks to living in a border town within earshot of Canadian radio. The Hip are a Canadian treasure, something CE can speak to far better than I can. Twenty or so of the best days of my life were spent at Hip shows.

Give this one a spin if you wanna get familiar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvV-N564gWM

May 24, 2016 at 10:59 am #48057
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hi Jason, I’m happy you’re here. As John Derringer said this morning: “This one is a real punch to the gut”. Today is Tragically Hip day on the Q. Send your messages to Gord via the Q. Derringer did say that The Hip are planning a small tour this summer. And Derringer will have details as they become available.

I missed the press conference this morning from Sunnybrook Hospital. But one of Gord’s doctors spoke with Derringer and the doctor did say that the cancer is terminal. I had to smile when Derringer’s “Tool Of The Day” was the disease of cancer. How true.

I listen to Derringer In The Morning daily, so when Johnny gives details of The Hip’s tour, I’ll post a link here.

~CE

May 24, 2016 at 11:31 am #48061
    jasona93
    Participant

I listen to that sometimes too, CE! I guess the tour news will come out later in the week. Not to be missed! As they say in ‘Dazed and Confused’, top priority of the summer. Here’s a favorite, man this whole live DVD was fantastic.

May 24, 2016 at 11:32 am #48062
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Here’s the Sunnybrook Hospital thing:

Doctors say Gord will have medical attention during this summer’s tour.
    ~CE
    May 24, 2016 at 1:03 pm #48074
    trumplefingers
    Participant

damn…heard the news this morning briefly, but didn’t realize the prognosis was so bad.

a high water mark in Canadian talent.

May 24, 2016 at 2:15 pm #48076
    May 24, 2016 at 9:30 pm #48103
    May 24, 2016 at 9:49 pm #48104
    munichhilton
    Participant

Much more involved with RUSH for the Canadian scene but I can see your pain and it’s sad enough…hope he has a great time from now on

May 25, 2016 at 6:34 am #48109
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Q107 just said the summer tour will be in Canada only. More info later. Yes, Rush is a huge band here but The Hip are distinctly Canadian. Singing about our hockey heroes and our country.

There is a Stones component to this as well – in 1988 Keith came across them and their music while he was recording his first Winos album. Keith is fond of The Hip. It’s all one big musical family, I believe.

~CE

May 25, 2016 at 8:03 am #48124
    May 25, 2016 at 11:12 am #48133
    jasona93
    Participant

CE, I am going to try like crazy to scoop a few tix for Toronto and/or Hamilton. I can’t imagine the ticking frenzy that is going to occur. That Kingston show is going to be legendary, but that’s not my show to go to.

Happier times:

May 25, 2016 at 12:34 pm #48134
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Jason, my husband and I might try to get into Ottawa and Toronto. I imagine the Kingston show will be really emotional. I’d like to see that one but it will be very sad. Hamilton is close for you. Good luck with the tickets.

~CE

May 25, 2016 at 12:43 pm #48135
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Rumours now say The Hip might play a festival in Quebec (Montreal) this summer!

~CE
    May 25, 2016 at 4:48 pm #48151
    ReginaPhalange
    Participant

Good luck, Jason and CE! I’m trying for Hamilton, Toronto, or London.

May 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm #48591
    jasona93
    Participant

CE and Regina – after getting frozen out yesterday, I was able to score tickets to Toronto3 and Hamilton at 1030 this morning, a half an hour after the presale began, so someone must have been either holding tickets and tossing them back, or TM was floating them out at random. I hope you were/are both able to get tickets to one of your desired shows. The Ticketmaster way of doing things is really getting old, they either can’t keep up with the scalping technology, or they don’t care to. Of all tours, this one should be accessible to the fans and the scalpers are profiting off the very sad circumstances of this tour.

May 31, 2016 at 1:00 pm #48592
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hi Jason. This morning my husband got us tickets for Toronto and Ottawa. The scalpers are having a field day with this one. For many years now, I’ve known of scalpers who already HAVE the tickets before the sale starts. My humble opinion is that TM are in league with the scalpers. Maybe TM ARE the scalpers?

Have a good time Jason and Regina.

~CE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags