• October 22, 2016 at 10:11 am #55735
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

The Stones are flying out tonight to NYC after the Vegas show. Club gig? Ears open and eyes peeled everyone!!

~CE

Attachments:
    October 22, 2016 at 10:17 am #55738
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Here’s the suggestion:

The Rolling Stones are playing in Las Vegas tonight. After, they are flying to NYC for promo new album. Club gig ?

~CE (source = Canadian media) – better prepared than sleeping at the wheel!!

October 24, 2016 at 4:20 pm #55891
    Amy340
    Participant

Hmmmm, Mick’s location on his Twitter post from today adds speculation to the rumors of a private show in Boston following Vegas. He says next stop Exhibitionism in NYC, which I am guessing will be Nov 11th for the band with the opening to the public on Nov 12th. The location of the tweet today though is Boston, M.A.

October 24, 2016 at 4:24 pm #55894
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

RUMOUR – NOTHING IS FINALISED – PROBABLY A PRIVATE SHOW -> I cannot say/post anything about this now but I can say something completely off topic.

It’s been a cloudy & rainy & sunny day up here in Muskoka. (I love it!!) I wonder what the weather is like in the Boston/NYC area? Just curious!! What’s the weather report in that area over the next few days?

~CE 😎 

October 24, 2016 at 4:31 pm #55896
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Quoting Amy (as the quote thing still doesn’t work for me):

Hmmmm, Mick’s location on his Twitter post from today adds speculation to the rumors of a private show in Boston following Vegas. He says next stop Exhibitionism in NYC, which I am guessing will be Nov 11th for the band with the opening to the public on Nov 12th. The location of the tweet today though is Boston, M.A.

YES, he/they are in Boston. Is it raining there? It’s raining here in Muskoka again now!!

~CE :mrgreen: 

October 24, 2016 at 7:21 pm #55898
    ReginaPhalange
    Participant

According to the Boston Globe, they’re playing a private party thrown by the owner of the Patriots

https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2016/10/24/are-rolling-stones-town-for-swanky-shindig/IAONp8CwJLZaoBfqxy1DPN/story.html

October 24, 2016 at 7:56 pm #55899
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Thanks RP, I was just coming here to change the title of the thread!!

~CE :mrgreen: 

“Gillette Stadium Tuesday Evening October 25, 2016. Very Special Live Performance by The Rolling Stones.”

October 25, 2016 at 12:44 am #55903
    Z
    Participant

Disgusting.

October 25, 2016 at 2:17 am #55904

Ladies & undercut

The highest bidder proudly presents:

The Rolling Stones!

SETLIST (rumour too)

Jumpin’ Kraft Cash

Let’s spend the hoax together

It’s only dosh & dough

Tumbling dineros

Setlist blues – compensation effected (little firework at the end)

Painted black labor

Wonga wong cowbell

Slippin’ away with it

Little T(odger)&B(alls)

Happy (kind of)

Boston ramblers

Miss charism

Spondoolies for the devil

Gimme Cheeze

Start the transfer

Green bills

Can always get some more (choir: Boston Patriots)

Satisfied

Start tape: Weeeeeeee looooooooove loot incl. fattest fireworks ever (Krafthx)

To daily survive in need of: Humour and REALLY good handmade music

October 25, 2016 at 4:40 am #55907
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Stones have just hit an all time low. Turns out this gig is probably the reason they never rescheduled the second Vegas show.

Surely they could have played two stadium shows to real fans ( as opposed to an almost empty stadium filled with a few hundred corporate couldn’t care less rich kids  ) and just as easily made the same amount of profit, instead we get a tour with 2 private shows and a 3 date tour. This is sad, the greed of the man.

October 25, 2016 at 6:24 am #55908
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

I agree with you guys above! Right from the word “cancelled” at Vegas 1 we all knew they weren’t going to redo Vegas. And this Private gig has been in place now for quite a long time. Whenever they say “cancelled” rather than “postponed” we know the plans. Now……..worse yet…….this is a PRIVATE show. I’ll be really pissed off WHEN (not “IF”) the incessant hangers-on pay to get in. This is an ‘invitation only’ event. For God’s sake, show some respect. But NOOOOOOOOOO, the hangers-on will pay/whatever to get in. 

Something is very wrong with this entire scene, from the Stones even doing these kinds of shows to so-called fans showing a lack of respect.

Rant over…………..~CE

October 25, 2016 at 12:08 pm #55916
    Marianita
    Participant

Shame shame shame

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 25, 2016 at 12:45 pm #55917
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

No secret anymore:

http://www.bostonherald.com/entertainment/inside_track/2016/10/secrets_out_on_sto

~CE

The gory details:

Secret’s out on Stones’ Kraft-y stop – Boston Herald

The Rolling Stones are in town to play a private event for the Kraft family at Gillette Stadium tonight for several hundred friends and business associates of The Kraft Group.

The super-exclusive soiree in the Optum Field Lounge will be followed by a show starring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ron Wood on the Gillette field.

A spokesman for the team said the party is “a private function.”

Invitations went out several weeks ago and the Krafts reportedly were hoping to keep the whole shindig under wraps. You know, to avoid those “why wasn’t I invited” calls. So annoying …

The Stones just did two shows in Vegas and two weekends earlier this month at Desert Trip in California. Every concert spawns chatter that it could be the band’s swan song. Jagger is 73 and Charlie Watts is 75.

But the band has a new studio album coming out in December, and it is possible that they could hit the road yet again to back it.

As for the Gillette gig, we regret to report that the Track’s invitation appears to have blown off the porch …

October 25, 2016 at 1:02 pm #55918
    keefriffhards
    Participant

I would like to take this opportunity to personally say FUCK YOU to the Rolling Stones, you greedy bastards, what goes round comes round.

October 25, 2016 at 1:07 pm #55919
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

My thoughts on it all:

~CE

October 25, 2016 at 2:18 pm #55920
    jasona93
    Participant

We’ll never know, but if Mick had been unable to go Saturday night, I think there would have been a reschedule, whether one or both depended probably on true ticket sales figures. I agree that the word cancellation rather than postponement sounded dire at the time, but it might have been a legal language issue – such as ‘AXS/the band are not liable to customers for travel expenses in the event of a cancellation’. To AXS credit, they did communicate quickly that refunds were available but recommended hanging onto tickets in the event of a reschedule. I can’t believe I’m standing up for a greedy promotion outfit, but they handled it appropriately.

And yes, the optics of taking a private gig so soon after a cancellation are bad, but it is a private gig we knew about (or at least knew of the rumor) for weeks – right down to the date and city. They simply don’t play consecutive nights or 3 out of 4. I don’t begrudge them for taking a billionaire’s easy money – especially without a promoter taking a cut. I only (selfishly) wish the momentum had turned into one of the 14 or show gig tours we have been accustomed to experiencing, so I could see them once more before they probably play Europe for a bit.

October 25, 2016 at 2:38 pm #55922
    Nikkei
    Participant

This is by definition a stadium show. And I thought they could not become any more ridiculous…

October 25, 2016 at 3:56 pm #55927
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

One of these people is Bob Kraft:

Image result for kraft of boston
    ~CE
    October 25, 2016 at 4:06 pm #55928
    andrew t
    Participant

This is by definition a stadium show. And I thought they could not become any more ridiculous…

Yeah that’s a joke, allright. Under a rent-a-tent in the middle of an empty, cavernous stadium for 700 friends of a billionaire.

Ironic that most fans would have to eat Kraft Dinner for a month to afford a Stones show.

Fucking cash grab, it sucks ass ass ass.

October 25, 2016 at 4:51 pm #55931
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

They got paid $3 million for the big Private thing they did out on the west coast for the billionaire. Wonder what they’re getting for tonight?

~CE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags