New Bootleg – 2002 Licks Outtakes

• April 11, 2018 at 10:32 pm #73531
    D
    Keymaster

Just Before and U Don’t Wanna seem like decent foundations. The rest I can’t really see those landing on a record. Its fun to hear their banter around the tracks. Oh and you can clearly hear that track is Keith’s TROUBLE! Ha! Checkout that chorus!

Just Before

Dreams

Cried Out

Because

Love is a Test

When I Call Your Name

U Don’t Wanna

Don’t Stop

Keys To Your Love

April 13, 2018 at 6:06 am #73547
    Nikkei
    Participant

Who comes up with the titles of these things? Were it up to the Stones, it would be called Wannabe Me

April 13, 2018 at 7:59 pm #73548
    Nikkei
    Participant

How Jagger wouldn’t bite such a classic Keef as Just Before/Trouble and instead have Stealing My Heart produced is just laughable. How can you go with a thud when you could have a romp

April 14, 2018 at 6:52 pm #73549
    Roll Me
    Participant

maybe becausw when Jagger calls for a solo on U Don’t Wanna….and no one takes the lead he shrugs his shoulders and goes on to the next one that may be more or less finnished?….I’d bail too.

April 16, 2018 at 10:38 am #73550
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

It’s not uncommon to add a solo later, as an overdub, though 😉

-------------------------------
    My cards are on the table

May 5, 2018 at 9:08 am #73556
    Roll Me
    Participant

U Don’t Wanna has a beautiful Keith riff….very nice indeed….this needs to be finished.

July 16, 2018 at 8:50 pm #73804
    goo
    Participant

Sounds good

July 18, 2018 at 9:07 am #73807
    Breath
    Participant

pretty lackluster and trite

July 18, 2018 at 2:45 pm #73829
    goo
    Participant

pretty lackluster and trite

Hhhhahahahahahaha yeah but the sound quality is good hahahahah

July 18, 2018 at 3:19 pm #73833
    Breath
    Participant

excellent sound quality indeed. you gotta hand it to these guys – they can sure make drivel sound awesome.

July 18, 2018 at 3:45 pm #73841
    Nikkei
    Participant

excellent sound quality indeed. you gotta hand it to these guys – they can sure make drivel sound awesome.

I think the rough sketch song structures are actually more satisfying for the fans than the overpolished stuff that ends up on the official releases. About what are they supposed to even write songs these days… these lyrics that mean everything and don’t say anything remind me of the very early times when I listened to HR 64-71 without knowing any english

July 19, 2018 at 9:21 am #73857
    Breath
    Participant

I think the rough sketch song structures are actually more satisfying for the fans than the overpolished stuff that ends up on the official releases. About what are they supposed to even write songs these days… these lyrics that mean everything and don’t say anything remind me of the very early times when I listened to HR 64-71 without knowing any english

mick hasn’t written a decent song about his penis in at least a couple of decades. at the very least they could consider doing chuck berry’s my ding-a-ling as a tribute to their hero….we need more dick songs!  MORE DICK SONGS DAMMIT!

July 19, 2018 at 9:47 am #73868
    Marianita
    Participant

Who? Dick Jagger?

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

July 19, 2018 at 9:55 am #73872
    Breath
    Participant

Who? Dick Jagger?

whatever it takes!

July 19, 2018 at 12:21 pm #73884
    Nikkei
    Participant

mick hasn’t written a decent song about his penis in at least a couple of decades. at the very least they could consider doing chuck berry’s my ding-a-ling as a tribute to their hero….we need more dick songs! MORE DICK SONGS DAMMIT!

I just discovered thanks to the shuffle algorithm from YT a bootleg called Some People Tell Me. Early version of Keep Up Blues and definitely a dick song as far as that goes

July 19, 2018 at 1:50 pm #73885
    Breath
    Participant

sure but that was 4 decades ago!  we need a dickly update…it’s been way too schlong

July 21, 2018 at 5:30 am #73902
    goo
    Participant

So young was a dick song

July 21, 2018 at 2:44 pm #73913
    Nikkei
    Participant

Just listened to that. The version from a b-side in the 90s. I filed it under Voodoo Lounge because of the dickishness. Actually listening to Sweethearts Together now almost by accident. Song with the dumbest musical gimmicks ever in the Stones canon. There’s nothing that’s half as bad on Satanic Majesties. Blinded by Rainbows and Break it Down I like very much but the three of them make for a schmaltz overkill. That just after you made it through the dickly A-side… I guess that’s how you feel when you’re out with a drunk 54-year old who’s taken aphrodisiaka

July 21, 2018 at 4:42 pm #73916
    goo
    Participant

I love sweethearts together

July 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm #73917
    goo
    Participant

Just listened to these…..not bad some sparks fun to listen to

great sound quality, wish there was more

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!