• September 12, 2016 at 4:01 am #54129
    stonehearted
    Participant

photo MT interview 10_zpsxzicoiqw.jpg

Interviewer: Okay, so that was then, Mick. You’re about twenty, twenty-one years old.

photo MT interview 1_zpsvx8vva75.jpg

MT: Yes, very young, very angelic looking, uhm…

photo MT interview 3_zpssl843ffb.jpg

MT: Still got a nice pair of legs, though.

photo MT interview 4_zpswjelllwc.jpg

Interviewer: Very nice pins, I have to say.

photo MT interview 5_zps1cbfywnx.jpg

MT: Yup.

photo MT interview 6_zpsxgjmxd8x.jpg

Interviewer: So your first concert with the Rolling Stones was 1968 in Hyde Park. It was a huge concert.

photo MT interview 7_zpshivyfpzu.jpg

MT: Sixty-nine, I think.

Interviewer: Sixty-nine, was it?

photo MT interview 2_zpswdnagdkm.jpg

MT: Yeah. I mean, for me it was very exciting. I think it was kind of very nerve wracking for all of us, because… nobody, and uh, no rock and roll band, I… to my knowledge, had ever done anything on that scale.

Interviewer: As jobs go, what was it like?

photo MT interview 8B_zps70p9egy6.jpg

MT: Oh, it was a pretty good job for, what, six and a half years? Yeah. Yeah. I… don’t want to, don’t wish to sound too corny, but I would say for most of the six and a half years, I got quite a lot of satisfaction out of it, and made a lot of money.

Interviewer: What was Mick Jagger like?

photo MT interview 9_zps4zuaf7wo.jpg

MT: Oh, he was alright. You know, I mean, he was a bit difficult at times. A bit of a, a bit of a prima donna, you know, but, uh… what do you expect, you know? I mean, he’s a, he’s a great entertainer.

September 12, 2016 at 11:15 am #54134
    munichhilton
    Participant

That boy needs a cup of coffee and a snack…or maybe another gin n tonic…

September 12, 2016 at 4:22 pm #54140
    trumplefingers
    Participant

either he’s drunk, or I am.

September 12, 2016 at 5:06 pm #54142
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

He wrote all the Stones’s ballads, too.

Seriously, there are a couple of those Taylor interviews. What about the hundreds of Keith’s fairytales?  🙂

-------------------------------
    BBB - Bring Blondie Back

September 12, 2016 at 5:48 pm #54143
    stonehearted
    Participant

He wrote all the Stones’s ballads, too. Seriously, there are a couple of those Taylor interviews. What about the hundreds of Keith’s fairytales? 🙂

From Keith, this is expected.  :mrgreen: An unusual interview for Keith worth posting would be titled “Keith Richards interview: sober”. MT, on the other hand, is supposed to have been more quiet and unassuming than even Bill Wyman or Charlie Watts.

It’s just that this MT interview has been amusing me for years, and I’ve been wanting to post it but it’s never been on YouTube. So I just typed it down word for word, took some screencaps from the DVD, and inserted the photos in the appropriate places of the interview. I mean, it’s hilarious — he calls Mick Jagger a “prima donna” after an impulsive moment where he stands up to show off his “great pair of legs” to the interviewer.

This interview was taken from the “unofficial” DVD Rolling Stones: Rare and Unseen.

Image result for DVD Rolling Stones: Rare and Unseen

September 12, 2016 at 8:14 pm #54144
    munichhilton
    Participant

He’s like the child with overbearing parents who finally turned 18… I’m a Woodie fan but I do like Separately…

September 13, 2016 at 9:38 am #54146
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

At least he’s got pretty blond hair. I can understand why Jagger “fancied him”.

~CE

September 14, 2016 at 2:10 pm #54175
    goo
    Participant

What a mess he is

September 16, 2016 at 5:25 am #54190
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

He wrote all the Stones’s ballads, too. Seriously, there are a couple of those Taylor interviews. What about the hundreds of Keith’s fairytales? 🙂

From Keith, this is expected. :mrgreen: An unusual interview for Keith worth posting would be titled “Keith Richards interview: sober”. MT, on the other hand, is supposed to have been more quiet and unassuming than even Bill Wyman or Charlie Watts. It’s just that this MT interview has been amusing me for years, and I’ve been wanting to post it but it’s never been on YouTube. So I just typed it down word for word, took some screencaps from the DVD, and inserted the photos in the appropriate places of the interview. I mean, it’s hilarious — he calls Mick Jagger a “prima donna” after an impulsive moment where he stands up to show off his “great pair of legs” to the interviewer. This interview was taken from the “unofficial” DVD Rolling Stones: Rare and Unseen. Image result for DVD Rolling Stones: Rare and Unseen

He he it’s funny anyway 😀

BBB - Bring Blondie Back

September 17, 2016 at 2:55 am #54205
    Redhotcarpetred
    Participant

Keith repeats the exact same often cruel oneliners about Brian, Mick and others and makes himself look good. His BS is taken at face value and noone dares to question him.

Taylor seemingly exaggerated about the ballads but on the other hand we dont know how  much he contributed. The ballads that were cowritten and written with Taylor in the band were just that: unique for that era.

I took Ry Cooder for everything I could get - Keith Richards

September 19, 2016 at 9:52 am #54251
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

The compositions weren’t unique, Carpet. Keep in mind that they already had written and released excellent AND different ballads as As Tears Go By, Lady Jane, Play With Fire, Back Street Girl, She Smiled Sweetly, Factory Girl, and YCAGWYW.

However, how those new songs sounded with Taylor on board was unique indeed. That means that he did his job as a guitarist, putting his stamp on the songs. Composing a song, or writing lyrics, is writing. After a song is written, it may sound sketchy and unfinished. Then, it’s the band’s job to shape them up. Taylor was good at that, or rather excellent, I’d say.

BBB - Bring Blondie Back

September 21, 2016 at 2:39 am #54267
    stonehearted
    Participant

The compositions weren’t unique, Carpet. Keep in mind that they already had written and released excellent AND different ballads as As Tears Go By, Lady Jane, Play With Fire, Back Street Girl, She Smiled Sweetly, Factory Girl, and YCAGWYW. However, how those new songs sounded with Taylor on board was unique indeed. That means that he did his job as a guitarist, putting his stamp on the songs. Composing a song, or writing lyrics, is writing. After a song is written, it may sound sketchy and unfinished. Then, it’s the band’s job to shape them up. Taylor was good at that, or rather excellent, I’d say.

A prime example being Plundered My Soul, the last top 20 hit they ever had — anywhere!

September 21, 2016 at 2:59 am #54268
    Redhotcarpetred
    Participant

Im pretty sure Taylor did a lot more than shape songs up. Jagger/Richards is a label. I can picture Jagger driving the band forward and working closely with Taylor (as stated by others) just like he always has. He never stops.  😎

I took Ry Cooder for everything I could get - Keith Richards

September 22, 2016 at 6:33 am #54291
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

You being pretty sure won’t bring us remotely near what happened, though.

«Worked closely» means shaping the songs that Mick had written, according to all the internet sites out there AND Jagger’s and Taylor’s quotes – for about 99,9 percent of the tunes, maybe more.

With that as the starting point for this discussion, it becomes silly to take it any further, imo (not that I haven’t done that a zillion times, but maybe I grew up).

BBB - Bring Blondie Back

September 22, 2016 at 6:54 am #54293
    Breath
    Participant

taylor wrote all the stones songs he played on. it’ll all come out in time. I’ve begun writing the official history of the band and will dole out advance copies to interested eoms members…

September 22, 2016 at 1:04 pm #54313
    Marianita
    Participant

“i am waiting” for a Jaggor/Tayler tour

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

September 22, 2016 at 1:07 pm #54314
    Marianita
    Participant

or a jagger taylor watts tour

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.