• October 7, 2015 at 10:24 am #22848
    andrew t
    Participant

Oh man…Stumbled across this on YouTube. I think Mick & Keith stopped being interviewed together not long after this, but it’s hysterical to see these two characters in this interview on Newark’s UHF channel 68. It’s 1980, so you’ve got bearded Jagger, and Keith at his zonked best being interviewed by a Rasta on a reggae talk show.

Actually, here’s one from 1983- Just before WWIII – with the lads talking about their friendship. I miss seeing the banter between these two.

And one last one from me—in 1982. Anyone can translate the French?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swEpRxw3S-c

October 7, 2015 at 11:39 am #22852
    Naturalust
    Participant

Yes it is very interesting that those two are never interviewed together anymore. I too miss witnessing their banter in an off stage setting.   Easy to speculate why it doesn’t happen anymore. They probably disagree on more than they agree on and it might just be painful for them to see each other answering Stones questions knowing they had to maintain an image and not be too contradictory. The compulsion for interviewers to ask questions about their relationship would probably be strong and something they both have wanted to avoid for many years now.

October 7, 2015 at 11:44 am #22854
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

ANDREW T – you just about gave me a heart attack with your thread title! But it’s OK now, I understand. (These Torontonians can be crazy people!) :mrgreen: 

~CE

October 7, 2015 at 11:48 am #22855
    Breath
    Participant

why is the banter important?  can’t the music just be appreciated without the banter?  i’m tired of the banter and want to put and end to it once and for all.

October 7, 2015 at 12:13 pm #22864
    Naturalust
    Participant

why is the banter important? can’t the music just be appreciated without the banter? i’m tired of the banter and want to put and end to it once and for all.

It ain’t all the banter, you know that is going to be filtered a bit but the body language doesn’t lie. lol.

October 7, 2015 at 4:20 pm #22907
    Amy340
    Participant

I think they did a Today show interview together, or maybe it was the whole band? I know I remember seeing one of their interviews on there and they weren’t solo.

October 7, 2015 at 4:22 pm #22908
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Excerpt from the RS magazine which will be out this Friday (9th October):

Since reconciling with Mick Jagger and heading out on the road with the Stones in 2012, Richards has returned with a new attitude.
    The guitarist has been working with Jagger on choosing the set lists for each show, which he hadn’t done for years. “[Keith] is the first one in the rehearsal room and the last one to leave,” says Pierre de Beauport, Richards’ longtime guitar tech. “Nothing is going to happen without him there.”

~CE

October 7, 2015 at 4:22 pm #22909
    Breath
    Participant

why is the banter important? can’t the music just be appreciated without the banter? i’m tired of the banter and want to put and end to it once and for all.

It ain’t all the banter, you know that is going to be filtered a bit but the body language doesn’t lie. lol.

does anyone have the exact date and time when Mick and Keith began hating each other?  I’m keeping a scrapbook of memorable moments and this is a missing bit in mine….

October 8, 2015 at 11:18 am #22938
    andrew t
    Participant

I believe it was February 19, 1985. at 4pm.

The release of She’s The Boss was going swimmingly, when Keith & Mick ordered a pizza. Mick specifically said no anchovies, but Keith went ahead and ordered extra anchovies on that ill fated pie. The rest is history.

October 8, 2015 at 11:25 am #22939
    Breath
    Participant

thank you!

and you’d be amazed how often anchovies are the tipping point in relationships gone awry. has happened to me on a number of occasions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.