• October 28, 2016 at 4:34 pm #56032
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Please hit the link for the live stream. I THINK it’ll begin at 11:30 pm Toronto time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_l0_gOxn8

~CE

October 28, 2016 at 4:42 pm #56033
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

And here’s a different live stream in case the one above isn’t working in your country:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yTFyuZG_dI

~CE (much love to Bill Wyman)

October 28, 2016 at 5:49 pm #56034
    DandelionPowderman
    Participant

It says “will start in a moment”, but never starts… Probably something wrong here, as the show has been on for some time already?

-------------------------------
    BBB - Bring Blondie Back

October 29, 2016 at 7:08 am #56040
    keefriffhards
    Participant

I hope everything is OK with the Stones,  BV is strongly hinting that the Stones are over.  I hope it’s just him presenting a fucked up teaser,  but reading through the thread it looks as though one of the Stones can no longer tour.  Charlie has not been looking well lately.  This probably needs a thread of its own but I don’t start threads anymore.

October 29, 2016 at 7:32 am #56041
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

KRiff, I know EXACTLY what you’re thinking (as always). If Drake/someone else doesn’t start a thread here about it, I will do so. I have been reading what BV is saying AND combined with the silence on my radio re the Stones, I’m concerned. Don’t get me wrong. Not concerned for my own selfish reasons of never seeing them perform live again. I’m very much concerned for their HEALTH/WELL-BEING. All of them……..>

~CE (God Bless the Rolling Stones)

October 29, 2016 at 9:22 am #56046
    keefriffhards
    Participant

KRiff, I know EXACTLY what you’re thinking (as always). If Drake/someone else doesn’t start a thread here about it, I will do so. I have been reading what BV is saying AND combined with the silence on my radio re the Stones, I’m concerned. Don’t get me wrong. Not concerned for my own selfish reasons of never seeing them perform live again. I’m very much concerned for their HEALTH/WELL-BEING. All of them……..> ~CE (God Bless the Rolling Stones)

KRiff, I know EXACTLY what you’re thinking (as always). If Drake/someone else doesn’t start a thread here about it, I will do so. I have been reading what BV is saying AND combined with the silence on my radio re the Stones, I’m concerned. Don’t get me wrong. Not concerned for my own selfish reasons of never seeing them perform live again. I’m very much concerned for their HEALTH/WELL-BEING. All of them……..> ~CE (God Bless the Rolling Stones)

Thanks CE hopefully its just a rumour but these guys are getting old and the time will come when boom that’s it no more, Keith looked like shit in Vegas last week, just hope he is ok, and the rest of them obviously.

October 29, 2016 at 9:27 am #56047
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Stone ALONE (Literally!) Not one Stone showed up:

~CE
    October 29, 2016 at 9:57 am #56050
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Picture above looks like one of Ronnies rejects,  this was the result of painting after drinking two bottles of vodka.  Here you are Bill,  birthday present,  it’s all I can afford only earnt 5 million this month

October 29, 2016 at 2:14 pm #56055
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 29, 2016 at 2:40 pm #56058
    D
    Keymaster

Right now we just don’t know a thing.  The footage from the private gig looks like a very tired band.  They can’t go on forever.

Personally, I think rather than saying their last gig ever was a private party, they should announce a final run of shows.  Big big venues, final round.  A few folks who are more on the inside than I had suggested that the Stones were eventually going to make the UK their home, and just play a gig here n there like Chuck Berry does with Blueberry Hill in St. Louis…

October 29, 2016 at 2:51 pm #56059
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Right now we just don’t know a thing. The footage from the private gig looks like a very tired band. They can’t go on forever. Personally, I think rather than saying their last gig ever was a private party, they should announce a final run of shows. Big big venues, final round. A few folks who are more on the inside than I had suggested that the Stones were eventually going to make the UK their home, and just play a gig here n there like Chuck Berry does with Blueberry Hill in St. Louis…

Fair enough, Drake. However, everyone has been saying for years/decades that having them come right out saying  “it’s a final tour”  simply is not their style. They aren’t The Who who had ‘ a final gig’ in Toronto in something like 1982. I highly doubt the Stones would announce something so extreme. And final.

~CE

October 29, 2016 at 3:41 pm #56060
    Marianita
    Participant

1. No way they’re gonna stop now, there’s more Money to earn for the worlds greatest moneygrabbers

2. they Owe us some more European shows

3. They’re (not Charlie) addicted to the road, they can’t stop

Relax relax hit the bong and wait for more shows

October 29, 2016 at 3:56 pm #56061
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

WOW!!  They sent a VIDEO MESSAGE to Bill Wyman:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/van-morrison-robert-plant-and-bob-geldof-jam-with-bill-wyman-at/

~CE

The Rolling Stones sent a video message to celebrate Bill Wyman’s birthday; the skinny old rockers leaning up against one another as Keith Richards chortled, “Bill’s 80? It’s not our fault!” and Mick Jagger offered sincere but slightly incredulous congratulations on achieving a milestone they “hope to get to in time”. Bob Geldof, true to form, seemed personally affronted by the message. “Lovely to see the Stones so bemused at Bill being 80. Next week, it’s your turn, lads,” snorted Geldof in his customary derisory style.

More from this article:

Under a mop of thick grey hair, behind huge glasses, and wearing what looked suspiciously like a cardigan, Wyman at 80 no longer comports himself with the leering menace that once made him and the Stones appear so dangerously reprehensible. The usually poker-faced old Stone became genuinely misty-eyed every time he tried to thank the rock royalty paying tribute to his lifetime in music.

“They’re not even getting paid,” he noted, before adding (as if slightly affronted by the realisation) “But neither am I.”

A reminder of his less savoury reputation, however, was mischievously offered after Plant spoke in praise of Wyman’s distinctive upright bass playing style. Wyman, who unabashedly claims to have slept with over a thousand women during his rock star pomp, explained that he held the bass that way to cast a shadow over his eyes, all the better to communicate with women in the front row. “It’s not all art,” he joked.

October 30, 2016 at 11:29 am #56074
    Marianita
    Participant

October 31, 2016 at 3:29 am #56079
    Z
    Participant

Right now we just don’t know a thing. The footage from the private gig looks like a very tired band. They can’t go on forever. Personally, I think rather than saying their last gig ever was a private party, they should announce a final run of shows. Big big venues, final round. A few folks who are more on the inside than I had suggested that the Stones were eventually going to make the UK their home, and just play a gig here n there like Chuck Berry does with Blueberry Hill in St. Louis…

Fair enough, Drake. However, everyone has been saying for years/decades that having them come right out saying “it’s a final tour” simply is not their style. They aren’t The Who who had ‘ a final gig’ in Toronto in something like 1982. I highly doubt the Stones would announce something so extreme. And final. ~CE

Is all this fuss about bv’s thread ‘will the Stones ever perform live again?’? The answer is yes. The Stones will perform live again, I’ve just looked into the future.

Sorry you had to wait that long, I have more prophesyings to do you know. It’s the US elections and all…I’m loaded with work.

October 31, 2016 at 10:37 am #56097
    andrew t
    Participant

Last show has to be in London. Where it all began. You see some dates with London being the last, call time.  None of this private show in Boston shite, I’m not having it.

Audio of Robert Plant’s set at Bill’s bash. Percy’s a class act.

October 31, 2016 at 2:16 pm #56112
    andrew t
    Participant

Si Si

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags