• October 11, 2015 at 5:17 pm #23153
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

We’ve already discussed our first concerts, but it might be nice to know WHAT/WHEN/WHERE did you become a lifetime Stones’ fan?

For me, it was as a young girl in my parents’ living room watching the Ed Sullivan Show. When the Stones came on, I was hooked for life. I was mesmerised by their presence and their music (although one could barely hear it over the screaming audience members.) I knew right then and there that this was a lifetime passion. I said to my parents “I’m going to meet these people some day”. My father didn’t want me to be disappointed so he said something like ‘Let’s see what happens’. My mom was more positive saying ‘Let her have her dreams; dreams are important’. 

My dreams came to pass. so……what’s your story of this Stones’ addiction you have?

~CE

Attachments:
    October 11, 2015 at 5:24 pm #23155
    Socrates
    Participant

Wish I had seen this side of you before now. I didn’t mean to be rude to you.

October 11, 2015 at 8:05 pm #23376
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Wish I had seen this side of you before now. I didn’t mean to be rude to you.

Well…..thanks, I guess. All of us have two sides, yin and yang. IMO rudeness tends to bring out the worst side of people whereas kindness will be returned in kind.

~CE

October 12, 2015 at 12:39 pm #23561
    Anonymous

The Stones became an obsession for me on November 15,1989. Mick and The Boys  played The Orange Bowl in Miami.

It was my third time seeing them. The first two times were in ’78 and ’81.

During the first of two Steel Wheels shows, I fell in love with Mick Jagger. My life has been irreversibly changed (for the better) ever since.

This Stoned Dolphins fan has been obsessed with MJ and The Rolling Stones from then on.

Obsession is Obsession.

Thanks.

Tim

October 12, 2015 at 1:08 pm #23574
    trumplefingers
    Participant

The She’s So Cold video, for sure.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.