• September 23, 2016 at 4:27 pm #54358
    Marianita
    Participant

picture says pallenberg and richards. Is it ?

slampigs: Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithfull at Stonehenge in 1968:

picture says “pallenberg in south of france”. Is it?

Anita Pallenberg, south of france:

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

September 23, 2016 at 4:53 pm #54360
    Breath
    Participant

Yes and oui

September 24, 2016 at 9:07 am #54388
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Oui et yes! :mrgreen:

~CE (Less happy days in Toronto!!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 25, 2016 at 6:32 am #54401
    Marianita
    Participant

ja og oui, merci

September 25, 2016 at 6:58 am #54402
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

J’aime bien les langues differentes qu’on ‘parle’ ici.

~CE :mrgreen: 

September 27, 2016 at 11:21 am #54490
    Marianita
    Participant

Is it Mick and Keith

January 31, 2017 at 8:09 pm #59726
    Marianita
    Participant

Can someone please tell me who the man standing on Anita’s left side with yellow trousers is? and who is the man sitting in front of the piano? btw this is so cool to watch, guess there was lot’s of stuff going on in that studio. And poor Brian, they didn’t treat him nice at this point

February 1, 2017 at 4:35 am #59749
    stonehearted
    Participant

‘Nita — the one sitting in front of the piano? That would be Nicky Hopkins. The other fellow? Jimmy Miller. These are the only two other background vocalists participating on the track, besides the principals you already know:

http://www.timeisonourside.com/SOSympathy.html

By the way, Brian Jones wasn’t treating himself too nicely by this point either. 🙂

February 1, 2017 at 6:19 am #59751
    Marianita
    Participant

Thank you, Stonehearted, and i know he wasn’t treating himself to nice at the time, but it must have been hard to watch the girl he loved flying high with the other guitarist in the band.

February 1, 2017 at 9:51 am #59759
    Breath
    Participant

jimmy and nicky died within a few weeks of each other in ’94.

February 1, 2017 at 10:34 am #59761
    Marianita
    Participant

“The stones” must be better in heaven/hell nowadays than down here on earth. Jimmy Miller, Nicky Hopkins,Brian Jones, Ian Stewart,Bobby Keys, Billy Preston, Ian McLagan, ups how come the piano/keyboard players die first

February 1, 2017 at 10:54 am #59765
    Breath
    Participant

keyboard players always seem to be the first to drop.  look at the grateful dead!  first pigpen, then keith godchaux, then brent mydland, then vince welnick.  I mean, c’mon!  I know you’re all grateful to be dead now, but it’s just a band name, not a death sentence!

February 1, 2017 at 10:59 am #59766
    Marianita
    Participant

And i am sure they have lot’s of drugs there too. Spanish Tony is down there too

cocaine

February 1, 2017 at 11:01 am #59767
    Marianita
    Participant

keyboard players always seem to be the first to drop. look at the grateful dead! first pigpen, then keith godchaux, then brent midland, then vince welnick. I mean, c’mon! I know you’re all grateful to be dead now, but it’s just a band name, not a death sentence!

I have never thought of it but if i was a keyboard player i’ll be scared. But isn’t it soon time for Elton john to….

February 1, 2017 at 11:04 am #59768
    Breath
    Participant

not Elton!  I like him.  can’t we knock off some dumb keyboard player we hate?  matt Clifford?

February 1, 2017 at 11:06 am #59769
    Breath
    Participant

your drug post reminds me of a funny joke…but probably should post it on a joke thread. do we have one?

February 1, 2017 at 11:06 am #59770
    Marianita
    Participant

Four keyboard players in grateful dead gone, that’s crazy. Pigben looked like a nice guy

February 1, 2017 at 11:09 am #59771
    Marianita
    Participant

Yes Matt Cliffird first. And i am going to see elton john this summer in norway. My sister have already bought tickets for us so hope he dont die yet, at least he can wait till august or something

February 1, 2017 at 11:10 am #59772
    Breath
    Participant

pigpen was the heart and soul of the band in the early days.  he was a true bluesman…handled the bluesy vocals, harp work and stuff like that.  drank hisself to death…which again was very bloozey of him, I think.

February 1, 2017 at 11:12 am #59773
    Breath
    Participant

Yes Matt Cliffird first. And i am going to see elton john this summer in norway. My sister have already bought tickets for us so hope he dont die yet, at least he can wait till august or something

cooooool!  very lucky of you. I have actually never seen him in concert, which is kinda weird given that i’m a big fan…but mostly of his 70’s work.  you’ll have to take some pics/vids and share with us.  hope it’s on a Saturday night, cos that’s all right for fighting…get a little action in….and so forth.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.