Is anyone able to watch videos on The Stones' YouTube channel, right now?

• October 30, 2015 at 12:04 pm #25870
    OldSoul
    Participant

I certainly can’t, in America. Some say I just can’t watch, others say the content is owned by Eagle Rock and isn’t available in my country (including the music videos).

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.

October 30, 2015 at 12:09 pm #25871
    D
    Keymaster

Youtube Red just launched.  This is a paid upgrade platform which gets rid of commercials and has some neat features like offline saves.  The day it launched I receieved a message saying that my review video of Perth would not be available for viewing online due to Eagle Rock copyright etc.  In the past the Stones have played it very cool by letting people post videos/etc as long as they receive the credit and monetization (youtube etc).   It SEEEMS that Eagle Rock has opted to move all Stones content to the platform, which is causing some serious issues.

We’ll see what they do…

October 30, 2015 at 12:13 pm #25872
    OldSoul
    Participant

Hmm… Then what’s the problem? I have YouTube Red. Is Eagle Rock just waiting for a bit? It’s not like no one can view the videos, they just posted Sad Sad Sad form Tokyo Dome today, and it has 1,000 views, but I can’t watch it.

October 30, 2015 at 12:50 pm #25874
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

So, do I need this YT Red thing in order to make it easier for me to watch the vids?

~CE

October 30, 2015 at 12:56 pm #25875
    OldSoul
    Participant

Well, I have Red and I can’t watch The Stones’ channel at all, so no. Primarily, all Red is is YT without ads. There’s also some exclusive content. That’s it. Oh, and you get free Google Play Music All Access, or the converse, if you had Play Music (like me), you got Red for free.

October 30, 2015 at 12:57 pm #25876
    Blues 4 U
    Participant

How do you get ytred

October 30, 2015 at 1:09 pm #25880
    HearMeKnockin
    Participant

Well, I just watched something on the channel named Rolling Stones on MV, which appears to be an official channel, but I’m not sure if that’s the only official Stones channel on Youtube…

I boogied in the ballroom, I boogied in the dark.

October 30, 2015 at 1:27 pm #25884
    OldSoul
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that’s not official.

October 30, 2015 at 1:31 pm #25885
    HearMeKnockin
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that’s not official.

Well, rip… so much for that “official” in the video title…

Nevermind about that question… 😳

October 30, 2015 at 2:15 pm #25891
    BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
    Participant

Just checked, not able to view any of their videos, music videos, tour promos, or that 22 second Jeep video…

October 30, 2015 at 2:21 pm #25893
    HearMeKnockin
    Participant

This is clearly some kind of British plot to get America to rejoin England as a colony so that we’ll be able to Youtube Stones videos again…

October 30, 2015 at 2:40 pm #25900
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

What about me? I’m Canadian and that’s close to being British! To quote Keith (in Calgary): “We own it, don’t we?”

~CE

October 30, 2015 at 2:45 pm #25901
    shesarainbow
    Participant

Well, I have Red and I can’t watch The Stones’ channel at all, so no. Primarily, all Red is is YT without ads. There’s also some exclusive content. That’s it. Oh, and you get free Google Play Music All Access, or the converse, if you had Play Music (like me), you got Red for free.

Otherwise you have to pay for no ads?

Not worth it .

October 30, 2015 at 3:34 pm #25908
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

I don’t mind the ads. I like that one in Canada that says “Clear your criminal record”.

~CE

Attachments:
    October 30, 2015 at 4:26 pm #25919
    Naturalust
    Participant

Damn this YouTube Red is a possibly disturbing development in the spirit of the original YouTube. I guess we can soon expect even more ads and less of the ones you can skip after 6 seconds in order to push more people to paying for the service.

The good thing is I hope it will persuade someone to develop a totally free video server to compete directly and bring back the good old days!

October 31, 2015 at 2:22 am #25971
    HearMeKnockin
    Participant

Damn this YouTube Red is a possibly disturbing development in the spirit of the original YouTube. I guess we can soon expect even more ads and less of the ones you can skip after 6 seconds in order to push more people to paying for the service. The good thing is I hope it will persuade someone to develop a totally free video server to compete directly and bring back the good old days!

So that they, too, can sell out eventually?

Well, at least we can enjoy it for a while…… with regards to YT/red, the Stones, or Eagle Rock, or Youtube, or whoever needs to bring the Stones vids back.

October 31, 2015 at 3:06 am #25974
    OldSoul
    Participant

Damn this YouTube Red is a possibly disturbing development in the spirit of the original YouTube. I guess we can soon expect even more ads and less of the ones you can skip after 6 seconds in order to push more people to paying for the service. The good thing is I hope it will persuade someone to develop a totally free video server to compete directly and bring back the good old days!

Well, they created Red because, as crazy as it sounds, YT is losing a lot of money. Also, people using AdBlock hasn’t helped matters. I’m ambivalent, honestly. I wouldn’t have subscribed to Red, but I just got it with Play Music, so I’m happy.

November 5, 2015 at 9:56 pm #26934
    Raymond
    Participant

Opening this forum back up again… been on YouTube today and every single video of theirs is unavailable… the only Channel that isn’t blocked is TheRollingStonesVevo which of course only has 19 random videos on it. It’s a sad day indeed that The Stones’ YouTube is basically dead. Even the videos of them on Eagle Rock’s channel are blocked

It was just a dream with you, 'cause you're married anyway

November 6, 2015 at 1:12 am #26944
    Naturalust
    Participant

There is an extension for Chrome  that uses a VPN (virtual private network) to route your YouTube requests through a country which allows you to see the Stones videos.

It is called Hola and can be found here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unlimited-free-vpn-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Be sure to disable it when you are not using it for a better YouTube experience. Here is some discussion about it:

https://hola.org/blog/the-recent-events-on-the-hola-network

Thanks to punkfloyd on iorr for making me aware of this program.

November 6, 2015 at 1:38 am #26945
    StrongBeach
    Participant

I don’t quite get this issue. Is it really that big a deal to not be able to see the “official” videos? There’s still tons of live and studio recordings online, bootlegs, alternate takes, etc. Is The Stones own channel that important?

I don’t recall, to be honest, ever using The Stones’ official channel, so perhaps I’m not the target demo, here. I just search for what I’m looking for and then watch/listen, so my experience is the same as it’s ever been. Why would you want to watch the “Dancing with Mr D” official video when you could just listen to Kleermaker’s Brussels recording … or the studio version, for that matter, without all the pseudo-glamming around?

Maybe there’s some cool exclusive content (that most of us haven’t seen a million times already) on their channel that I’m not aware of … is there?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!