I Can't Quit You Baby

• March 14, 2017 at 11:02 pm #63683
    Blue & Lonesome
    Participant

All the lyrics out there for this song don’t have the correct words! Help!!

At about 1:39 into the song, right before Mick says, “ya go Eric” (and Clapton does a solo) WTH is he singing? I cannot decipher! Please help!! Thanks

March 15, 2017 at 12:13 am #63684
    tauk
    Participant

I can’t figure it out either!

Things like this drive me nuts too.

Maybe someday if there’s ever a video of Mick singing this song and if there’s a close up enough shot of his mouth when he gets to this part maybe we can be helped by lip reading his lips.

Or if he ever sings it in concert and an audience member can use a a zoom camera or binoculars.

MICK-REAL-CLOSE-UP-AT-MIC-ONSTAGE

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

March 15, 2017 at 1:00 am #63688
    tauk
    Participant

I looked up the lyrics online. I typed in for The Rolling Stones version.

According to a-z lyrics after the last lyric line that is clear “Yeah you know I’m crazy about you baby, yeah
    Then it states “And you’re just my only heart’s desire”. However, gee, that just doesn’t sound like what Mick is singing…whatever it is…You know how sometimes lyrics on lyrics websites aren’t correct, especially if there are different cover versions of songs.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/rollingstones/icantquityoubaby.html

On metrolyrics for rolling Stones version that line is stated as “And you just are my one desire.” But still, when I play it, Mick’s utterings just can’t mesh right with this.

I looked up the original songwriter”s (Willie Dixon) lyrics on metrolyrics. That didn’t help at all because after the first verse all of the lyrics are  different  from the Stone’s version that it’s pretty impossible to see which line it might be…

https://genius.com/Willie-dixon-i-cant-quit-you-baby-lyrics

O.K. I wouldn’t place a be on it but if I absolutely had to take a stab at it I’d say “And you’re just what I (wanna??) desire.”???? This seems to be an example of a particularly odd contortion of pronunciation from Mick.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)

March 15, 2017 at 6:58 am #63690
    Nikkei
    Participant

Lyric sites on the web are interconnected/ they just copy and paste from each other. If there’s a misheard lyric on one of these pages, you’ll find it everywhere. The only exception then are fansites which aren’t dedicated to lyrics but to one specific act. Only there would these mistakes even be noticed. Like here! I’m far from a cynical mood today, btw. “We got the biggest songbook database worldwide!” Hurra to you, perhaps then you could afford proofreading. Copy stuff you haven’t written onto your site, well, but stuff you didn’t even read before? The Internet… a full mouthed promise followed by disappointment at every turn. We have been dabbling around with it long enough to know it’s always the same

March 29, 2017 at 8:28 pm #64919
    Blue & Lonesome
    Participant

My daughter thinks he’s saying,”yay,

And You’re just all I want inside…”

Thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!