• July 31, 2018 at 1:47 pm #74095
    Breath
    Participant

I think it’s time we stop beating around the bush…get off the fence…and stop talking in clichés….

July 31, 2018 at 2:31 pm #74100
    Marianita
    Participant

I like Sam Cutler

Sam Cutler

July 31, 2018 at 2:34 pm #74102
    Breath
    Participant

I like sam’s voice

July 31, 2018 at 2:52 pm #74105
    Marianita
    Participant

I like sam’s voice

me too, why don’t they bring back him to introduce them, the intro on ya ya’s is the best intro ever. I liked how they did Dancing with mr.D(rake) last year, but i’m pissed at Keith for not doing Coming down again

July 31, 2018 at 2:53 pm #74106
    Marianita
    Participant

I’m also pissed at Mick for not joining Keith on Happy

July 31, 2018 at 2:56 pm #74107
    Breath
    Participant

let your true feelings out here, nita and others. that’s what this thread is all about. let’s cry, let’s laugh, let’s scream, let’s dance.

for me, I am pissed that the stones got so old.  they should have stayed young…say, no older than 29 or so….except for Bill, who was old from the start.

July 31, 2018 at 3:11 pm #74109
    Marianita
    Participant

let your true feelings out here, nita and others. that’s what this thread is all about. let’s cry, let’s laugh, let’s scream, let’s dance. for me, I am pissed that the stones got so old. they should have stayed young…say, no older than 29 or so….except for Bill, who was old from the start.

Bill got younger during the years. he was very old in the beginning, and in the 70’s he looked younger, than bam and he was old again. I dont like how it aint possible to find a Jagger/Richards photo having a laugh together backstage before a gig from this last tour, but i like how they act more friendly with each other on stage

July 31, 2018 at 3:16 pm #74110
    Marianita
    Participant

I also like Mick Taylor and i’m pissed at the stones for winning “the greatest missed opportunity ever in rocknroll history” prize

Mick Taylor at the Echoplex, Los Angeles, photo by Kevin Mazur

July 31, 2018 at 3:26 pm #74111
    Breath
    Participant

we all like taylor and we are all pissed about the whole deal with him and the stones.  if the stones wind up in hell, this will be one of the main reasons.

July 31, 2018 at 3:35 pm #74115
    Marianita
    Participant

I wonder if Jagger ever had some venereal disease?, he is a true pirate and have been some places

July 31, 2018 at 3:44 pm #74118
    Marianita
    Participant

I love how they picked the right man in Bernard Fowler, he seems like such a cool loving guy and a voice that fit’s mick and the band well. THIS SONG SHOULD BE PLAYED LOUD

July 31, 2018 at 3:56 pm #74122
    Marianita
    Participant

hired by Mick in 1985, 25 years old, born january2, 1960, been around for 33 years, Bernard i love you

July 31, 2018 at 4:51 pm #74124
    Marianita
    Participant

i grew up with a dad playing stones all the time. I remember how i fancied them looking at pictures, record covers and thought they were coming from another dimension. I could sit at home as a kid singing my loungs out while listening to them long before i had any english lesson at school singing this babbble english. they have been with me in my heart and sould ever since. There’s always a stones song to make you feel something whatever mood you may be in, there’s a party song, there’s a now i’m pissed song, there’s a now i’m sad song, there’s a now i’m tired song, a wake up song, a making love song, a song for my straight friends, a song for my freaky friends and so on. I really love this band and hope they roll on for some more years. I know i can be a set list winer or a why no mick taylor winer, or why no jagger/richards singing together winer but  i do it because i love them. Two words learned from Keith…….ONE LOVE ps can they please play this song for us live, they owe us, i’m sure chuck can handle this song

July 31, 2018 at 4:53 pm #74125
    Marianita
    Participant

that song is so good and raw when it kicks in

August 1, 2018 at 4:02 am #74143
    stonehearted
    Participant

Couldn’t care less about Barn-yard Howler, or any of the supporting people including Daryl Jones (see, I spelled it with only one “R”; after a quarter century, I still can’t spell his name!).

These days, it’s all about the live shows, the concerts, the spectacle — but so what?

In 1981, when I became a Stones fan (at 14/15), it was all about the music — what they recorded. This was even before Tattoo You was released.

The 12X5, the Hot Rocks, the big hits (and the high tide and green grass, etc.) — what would the Stones be without the lasting, iconic songs that made them?

Haven’t listened to the Stones in months — nor the Who, the Kinks, the Doors, or even the Beatles lately.

But I’ll get back to it all, eventually.

It’s the songs, not the shows.

I can stay home and listen to the records, and still be as much of a Stones fan as anyone.

I got into the Stones because of Mick, Keith, Brian, Bill, Charlie, Mick again (Taylor).

Is anyone a Stones fan because of what Barn-yard what’s his face contributes?

They don’t need to keep playing stadiums until they’re 90.

The music will still be there.

On record.

In our everyday lives.

Can’t believe I logged on here again.

I’m drunk.

I’m sorry.

No I’m not!

August 1, 2018 at 8:03 am #74145
    Marianita
    Participant

Blondie….Blondie……Blondie

August 1, 2018 at 8:23 am #74147
    Marianita
    Participant

August 1, 2018 at 8:42 am #74148
    Marianita
    Participant

More Blondie Chaplin, and more Matt Clifford and i think Stones should use more smoke machines

August 1, 2018 at 8:50 am #74149
    Marianita
    Participant

and i cant decide if the UK stones are better than the US stones

August 1, 2018 at 9:19 am #74152
    Breath
    Participant

BLONDIE is the BOMB!  Saw him with Butterfield and Danko on that ’79 tour – still to this day one of my all-time fave shows and Blondie stole it from the headliners, both of whom I was a huge fan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.