Here's the prove

• September 3, 2018 at 6:07 am #74334
    Marianita
    Participant

Ron Wood never came close to be a great guitarist as Mick Taylor. I’m not a guitarist but my ears have Mick Taylor as a favourite. Is there a live stones song played better by Wood? i doubt it

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

September 4, 2018 at 7:45 pm #74402
    D
    Keymaster

Street Fighting Man was always chaos to me. Live in 72 and 76 the problem was mainly the beat. Its punk rock instead of straight rocknroll. I actually far prefer what they did on Voodoo Lounge and recent tours on this track.

September 6, 2018 at 6:20 am #74403
    Marianita
    Participant

No i dont think it’s punk, it’s more like the Stones rocking hard. Talking about the 72/73 version we have to see the whole picture, it’s the grande finale of the show and they take the audience to another level, like a rocknroll extacy or rocknroll orgasm if you like. It’s like the band was thinking, ok let’s give ’em the final punch. That said i actually like the recent tours street fighting man very much, i follow you on that one but the energy of the Taylor years SFM is in another league. Listen to Charlie (and Bill) pumping out the beat, Keith riffing hard as hell, Taylor putting in some melodic licks on top of it all and Jagger giving the crowd the best frontman performance ever, enjoy

Rolling Stones Mick Jagger

September 9, 2018 at 1:19 pm #74425
    Nikkei
    Participant

Street Fighting Man was always chaos to me. Live in 72 and 76 the problem was mainly the beat. Its punk rock instead of straight rocknroll. I actually far prefer what they did on Voodoo Lounge and recent tours on this track.

The acoustic version that is the opening to Stripped 1995 is the definitive version of SFM in my book. It had a similiar ring to it when they did it earlier this year. Either that comes down to a guitar effect Ronnie uses or one of the keyboardists provides the fairy dust. But at times they managed to sound as if there was eastern instruments in it.

September 9, 2018 at 5:06 pm #74428
    Marianita
    Participant

September 9, 2018 at 5:07 pm #74429
    Marianita
    Participant

September 9, 2018 at 5:12 pm #74431
    Marianita
    Participant

funny how a kick ass song like that can end up like a movie theme or something

September 9, 2018 at 5:18 pm #74432
    Marianita
    Participant

The best version ?

September 9, 2018 at 5:23 pm #74433
    Marianita
    Participant

The acoustic version that is the opening to Stripped 1995 is the definitive version of SFM in my book. It had a similiar ring to it when they did it earlier this year. Either that comes down to a guitar effect Ronnie uses or one of the keyboardists provides the fairy dust. But at times they managed to sound as if there was eastern instruments in it.

Imagine Taylor playing lead on the stripped version

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!