Happy Kentucky Derby Day!

• May 7, 2016 at 11:51 am #47065
    D
    Keymaster

Happy Kentucky Derby Day from Louisville, KY!

Attachments:
    May 7, 2016 at 12:57 pm #47068
    The Snack Machine
    Participant

I’m down with Nyquist and Exaggerator…maybe put it on a trifecta if I can find a third whaddya think?

Lani is my sleeper…I got all the Fritos brand products on that one

May 7, 2016 at 1:34 pm #47070
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Well when you’re sitting there in your silk upholstered chair
    Talkin’ to some rich folk that you know
    Well I hope you won’t see me in my ragged company
    Well, you know I could never be alone
    Take me down little Susie, take me down………..

~CE (Happy Kentucky Derby Day everyone!)

Attachments:
    May 8, 2016 at 9:05 am #47079
    munichhilton
    Participant

Well shucks…I lost my shirt on that one. Drake? Can I sleep on your couch again for a week or so? I swear it won’t be as long as last time…

May 8, 2016 at 5:58 pm #47082
    D
    Keymaster

Well shucks…I lost my shirt on that one. Drake? Can I sleep on your couch again for a week or so? I swear it won’t be as long as last time…

I figured that might happen, which is why I setup a room for you at the studio.  You’ll have to deal with daily Mario Kart and Bourbon, but aside from that it should be low key.

May 9, 2016 at 8:59 am #47085
    treaclefingers
    Participant

ironically i was in the basement with a knife and a fork (eating breakfast) when i opened this thread.

May 10, 2016 at 3:00 am #47123
    stonehearted
    Participant

Hey, my friend! Was it scrambled egg and olive oil? I eat in the basement as well. My work station, my computer, is down here as well. So I take my meals down here, just, you understand, as a break time, so I can relax and browse the forums. Trouble is, I leave the keyboard out in the open, just to be ready to post if the mood strikes me, and as a result I get all these food particles stuck between the keys. Sometimes the well-placed tip of a ball point pen can “pole vault” these food particles up out of there, and in more extreme circumstances the straightened out tip of a paper clip will do it more effectively. From time to time, I’ve been meaning to just hold the suction end of a vacuum cleaner nozzle to get things back to where they should be… only, how do you get molasses out of a keyboard?  I don’t think there’s a vacuum cleaner on the market that can do that job. Should I call the Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man? I hear he has a Se-er Sucker suit — that might do the trick. Anyone know his number?

May 12, 2016 at 7:14 am #47163
    Upgreydd
    Participant

Take a thousand dollars go and have some fun. Put it on all at a hundred to one.

May 13, 2016 at 5:10 pm #47270
    Breadth
    Participant

Hey, my friend! Was it scrambled egg and olive oil? I eat in the basement as well. My work station, my computer, is down here as well. So I take my meals down here, just, you understand, as a break time, so I can relax and browse the forums. Trouble is, I leave the keyboard out in the open, just to be ready to post if the mood strikes me, and as a result I get all these food particles stuck between the keys. Sometimes the well-placed tip of a ball point pen can “pole vault” these food particles up out of there, and in more extreme circumstances the straightened out tip of a paper clip will do it more effectively. From time to time, I’ve been meaning to just hold the suction end of a vacuum cleaner nozzle to get things back to where they should be… only, how do you get molasses out of a keyboard? I don’t think there’s a vacuum cleaner on the market that can do that job. Should I call the Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man? I hear he has a Se-er Sucker suit — that might do the trick. Anyone know his number?

first thing you do is turn the keyboard over and knock it several times to dislodge the food particles (been there, done that).  With regards to the molasses, depending on what part of the keyboard it got stuck in, just don’t use those keys.  It may hamper your typing a bit, and even lead to some misunderstandings on email but what the hell.

…and the only oil I use for food is olive oil.  good with popcorn too.

May 18, 2016 at 12:48 pm #47585
    munichhilton
    Participant

Are we allowed to pre party para Preakness yet? Will NyQuil win it all? Gunrunners out…

May 18, 2016 at 12:56 pm #47586
    bluzdude
    Participant

My Father, who was a big horse racing fan, use to sing this song to me when I was a kid while taking me to the race track….

“In Derby Town, in Derby Town the streets are made of glass, and when the girls come out to play, they slip right on their,

Inky binky bar-ba-linky inky binky boo, you should come to Derby Town and see the things they do”

…I don’t remember the other verses 🙂

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

May 18, 2016 at 1:08 pm #47587
    Breath
    Participant

Are we allowed to pre party para Preakness yet? Will NyQuil win it all? Gunrunners out…

Did Mr. Ed ever win a triple crown event? you’d think he would have a huge advantage being able to strategize with the owner and jockey in plain English. maybe he was disallowed for that reason?  anyone have the back-story to this?

May 18, 2016 at 2:57 pm #47599
    munichhilton
    Participant

Did Mr. Ed ever win a triple crown event? you’d think he would have a huge advantage being able to strategize with the owner and jockey in plain English. maybe he was disallowed for that reason? anyone have the back-story to this?

I’ve had a suspicion for some time now that Ed’s voice was added later by an actor…no proof, just suspicious

May 18, 2016 at 2:58 pm #47601
    munichhilton
    Participant

My Father, who was a big horse racing fan, use to sing this song to me when I was a kid while taking me to the race track…. “In Derby Town, in Derby Town the streets are made of glass, and when the girls come out to play, they slip right on their, Inky binky bar-ba-linky inky binky boo, you should come to Derby Town and see the things they do” …I don’t remember the other verses 🙂

That seems suggestive to me…id like more verses to be able to decide

May 18, 2016 at 3:07 pm #47609
    Breath
    Participant

Did Mr. Ed ever win a triple crown event? you’d think he would have a huge advantage being able to strategize with the owner and jockey in plain English. maybe he was disallowed for that reason? anyone have the back-story to this?

I’ve had a suspicion for some time now that Ed’s voice was added later by an actor…no proof, just suspicious

I know for a fact that Foghorn Leghorn was legit, son….I say.

May 18, 2016 at 4:42 pm #47633
    bluzdude
    Participant

My Father, who was a big horse racing fan, use to sing this song to me when I was a kid while taking me to the race track…. “In Derby Town, in Derby Town the streets are made of glass, and when the girls come out to play, they slip right on their, Inky binky bar-ba-linky inky binky boo, you should come to Derby Town and see the things they do” …I don’t remember the other verses 🙂

That seems suggestive to me…id like more verses to be able to decide

In Derby town, in Derby town,
    Two men were digging a ditch;
    One was the son of an Englishman
    The other the son of a …..Inky….

Of all the birds I’d like to be
    I’d like to be a duck
    So I could swim around at night
    And watch the people….Inky…

I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me.......or whatever

May 21, 2016 at 3:56 pm #47864
    Footloose Man
    Participant

Horse racing is actually a very cruel “sport”.  Today’s Preakness being a perfect example.

May 22, 2016 at 6:36 am #47887
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Horse racing is actually a very cruel “sport”. Today’s Preakness being a perfect example.

Agreed. The Preakness event is heartbreaking.

~CE

May 22, 2016 at 9:01 am #47889
    munichhilton
    Participant

Tough race and some really sad deaths…the racing industry is far more heartbroken than us. The last thing they want is for one of their horses to get hurt. Its bad business and its bad publicity. The horses that died were just too damn young in my opinion. Heck, NyQuil didn’t even pull it out but I’m happy for Kent. Winning for his brother…

May 22, 2016 at 9:07 am #47892
    Breath
    Participant

Tough race and some really sad deaths…the racing industry is far more heartbroken than us. The last thing they want is for one of their horses to get hurt. Its bad business and its bad publicity. The horses that died were just too damn young in my opinion. …

I think this kinda talk is known in the trade as beating a dead horse.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!