Forum rules

• October 10, 2016 at 5:44 pm #55131
    Marianita
    Participant

I thought the only rule around here was not beeing rude to each other, but there seems to be some more. Im a little bit confused, maybe ive been smoking to much lately. Can someone please tell me what the rules are?

ROCK ON Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have remained friends since the early days

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

October 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm #55135
    The Snack Machine
    Participant

As far as I know the only rule here is “exact change only” M…I’ve got pamphlets in slot C11 for 25 cents about that rule…

October 10, 2016 at 6:22 pm #55136
    D
    Keymaster

We had a thread a while back about this…

OT: Site Rules

The rules have always been the following:

1. Talk about the Stones
    2. Share bootlegs freely
    3. Have a good attitude and don’t take yourself or anyone else too seriously
    4. Do not speak disparagingly of any other forums or moderators.

We can keep adding to the rule book if needed.  I think if we’re talking about our favorite band it is very unlikely that anyone will run into a problem.  Over the past year we have certainly had our share of issues etc but usually people are very kind and reasonable.

October 10, 2016 at 6:56 pm #55137
    Marianita
    Participant

Ok, i understand. So my Dancing with mr.D isn’t against the rules then?

October 10, 2016 at 8:04 pm #55144
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Thanks Nita for the topic! Where have I been? I always thought The Golden Rule was the one and only rule here. Shows how much I know!!

I’m almost at the point of “whatever!”. I can go with the flow!

~CE

Attachments:
    October 11, 2016 at 2:53 am #55150
    Z
    Participant

I think the “Golden Rule” is #3, CE. It’s the most relevant and important rule on this list, if not the only one. And it’s the one that people find most difficult to follow. Not only here, but everywhere. Let’s keep on trying.

October 11, 2016 at 6:35 am #55174
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Thanks Z. Agreed. Keep on trying. I’m certainly not willing to give up!!

~CE

October 11, 2016 at 7:21 am #55177
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Hey where are all you guys, where did you go, come back, we promise to behave  😛

October 11, 2016 at 8:31 am #55181
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

^^^^^^Right here, KRiff!! My biggest problem today is that we had FROST last night!! Other than that, many of us are still here and we’re “trying” to behave!!

~CE

Attachments:
    October 11, 2016 at 9:08 am #55184
    Marianita
    Participant

I promise to behave, but first i have to take my medicine. I think a stones forum deserves all kinds of talk. serious talk,funny talk,OT talk and so on, as long as we are beeing kind to each other. I think Keith Richards sucks big time when he plays he’s guitar these days and i know some disagree but what the heck, i can live with that. Im glad someone still loves his nowadays guitar playing  I love the man though for what he has done in the earlier years and for all the good moments he has giving me through he’s guitar playing and songs. I love him for beeing the legend that he deserves to be. I dont see a problem by disagreeing, i think its good as long as we dont call each other bad things. Personally i aint into technical guitar playing or what kind of size Charlies tam tam is but i respect that many people are. I hope theres room for all kinds of people here, and whatever people are into about this band, i hope we can tolerate that.  I like to look at myself as a nice person (at least im trying to be a nice person) but i also like to be naughty, its fun and the life is too short to not joke around. I know i can post stupid posts, i have always been the girl at the back of the classroom with the boys (im educated though) so when i post something silly (most of it is stones related) cant you just leave it alone. I love the stones and im a huge fan since i was a little child. Cant we just tolerate and respect each others posts as long as they are not rude to other members or something. ive always been told that diversity is a good thing as long as we are kind to each other. I hope this forum can be tolerant and i hope its not turning into some sort of you cant say that or you cant do that. In Norway we learn about americans as freedom of speech (posts) and i hope were right. Thats why im here and not other places. Im also here because i love my favorite band and there seems to be a lot of nice people here. WTF its the Stones so lets freak out. Peace and love

Tough Times For Keith Richards

October 11, 2016 at 11:15 am #55191
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Nice post Marianita,  don’t worry about anything , your lovely just the way you are and if its any consolation i think Keith plays shit guitar live these days too lol along with Micks shit voice Ronnie’s shit guitar and Charlies shit drums, but every so often when we least expect it , this shit band becomes the Rolling Stones again and they Rock like no one else.

October 11, 2016 at 11:55 am #55193
    Marianita
    Participant

Nice post Marianita, don’t worry about anything , your lovely just the way you are and if its any consolation i think Keith plays shit guitar live these days too lol along with Micks shit voice Ronnie’s shit guitar and Charlies shit drums, but every so often when we least expect it , this shit band becomes the Rolling Stones again and they Rock like no one else.

Thank you Riffhards and you are right, when we least expect it, they play better than anyone. Im dissapointed that the Who won again though he he they beat us last time also, rocknroll circus 68and now at coachella. They better get themselves together he he and oh a group hug everyone he he

October 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm #55199
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Nice post Marianita, don’t worry about anything , your lovely just the way you are and if its any consolation i think Keith plays shit guitar live these days too lol along with Micks shit voice Ronnie’s shit guitar and Charlies shit drums, but every so often when we least expect it , this shit band becomes the Rolling Stones again and they Rock like no one else.

Thank you Riffhards and you are right, when we least expect it, they play better than anyone. Im dissapointed that the Who won again though he he they beat us last time also, rocknroll circus 68and now at coachella. They better get themselves together he he and oh a group hug everyone he he

Lol i have seen the who 6 times over the years and in some ways they always topped the Stones live, ask Stonehearted.  Pete is still a force of nature but Roger is slowing down now. Its sad that we all get old , but the Stones back catalogue will always make them tops with me, plus for a couple of decades Keith was beyond human, just look at him with Muddy Waters in that club clip you posted the other day, beyond cool, and he gets his bottle of bourbon brought to his table, everything seems planned to the last detail for his Royal Keefness. God he was cool..

October 11, 2016 at 1:11 pm #55201
    Marianita
    Participant

Lol i have seen the who 6 times over the years and in some ways they always topped the Stones live, ask Stonehearted. Pete is still a force of nature but Roger is slowing down now. Its sad that we all get old , but the Stones back catalogue will always make them tops with me, plus for a couple of decades Keith was beyond human, just look at him with Muddy Walters in that club clip you posted the other day, beyond cool, and he gets his bottle of bourbon brought to his table, everything seems planned to the last detail for his Royal Keefness. God he was cool..

I was thinking the same when i saw that keith with muddy clip the other day. keith used to be a hell of a guitarist and he used to have such a rocknroll aura around him, almost scary he he And the Who kick ass live even nowadays. I was lucky to see them about 10 years ago and they was awesome. Looks like some bands get very motivated when they play with the stones and it looks like stones dont give a fu… i think its the same when they played the sars thing in Toronto. I wasnt there but looking at the dvd it looks like acdc kicked their asses, and yeah i know its not a competition but its funny to compare bands to each other. And hell yeah, where is Stonehearted?

heart of stone

October 11, 2016 at 1:22 pm #55203
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Nita, seeing your Heart of Stone pic above has me wondering where SH is!!

~CE

October 11, 2016 at 1:30 pm #55205
    Z
    Participant

Stonehearted has gone to Anonymia.

October 11, 2016 at 1:37 pm #55206
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Lol i have seen the who 6 times over the years and in some ways they always topped the Stones live, ask Stonehearted. Pete is still a force of nature but Roger is slowing down now. Its sad that we all get old , but the Stones back catalogue will always make them tops with me, plus for a couple of decades Keith was beyond human, just look at him with Muddy Walters in that club clip you posted the other day, beyond cool, and he gets his bottle of bourbon brought to his table, everything seems planned to the last detail for his Royal Keefness. God he was cool..

I was thinking the same when i saw that keith with muddy clip the other day. keith used to be a hell of a guitarist and he used to have such a rocknroll aura around him, almost scary he he And the Who kick ass live even nowadays. I was lucky to see them about 10 years ago and they was awesome. Looks like some bands get very motivated when they play with the stones and it looks like stones dont give a fu… i think its the same when they played the sars thing in Toronto. I wasnt there but looking at the dvd it looks like acdc kicked their asses, and yeah i know its not a competition but its funny to compare bands to each other. And hell yeah, where is Stonehearted? heart of stone

Oh but i think there is competition, you watch the next show this Saturday, i think the Stones will up their game, its not how you start its how you finish..

October 11, 2016 at 1:41 pm #55207
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Where is this place you speak of Anonymia, something to do with beer perhaps, anyway Stonehearted you’re missed.

October 11, 2016 at 1:42 pm #55208
    Z
    Participant

Hopefuly only to get his blood changed…

October 11, 2016 at 1:47 pm #55209
    keefriffhards
    Participant

Hopefuly only to get his blood changed…

Now i’m more confused lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Recently Active Members

Profile picture of Marianita
Profile picture of Socrates
Profile picture of angee
Profile picture of DandelionPowderman
Profile picture of jasona93
Profile picture of Cocaine Eyes
Profile picture of stonehearted
Profile picture of OldSoul
Profile picture of keefriffhards
Profile picture of treaclefingers
Profile picture of goo
Profile picture of devdev
Profile picture of StrongBeach
Profile picture of D
Profile picture of Doxa
Profile picture of Z
Profile picture of Nikkei
Profile picture of tauk
Profile picture of Ale Lacasa
Profile picture of Stoneburst
Profile picture of Upgreydd
Profile picture of andrew t
Profile picture of Roll Me
Profile picture of SelenePhoenix
Profile picture of ReginaPhalange
Profile picture of illusion
Profile picture of Ebling
Profile picture of MidnightPeanut
Profile picture of Redhotcarpetred
Profile picture of bluzdude
Profile picture of VT22
Profile picture of detroitken
Profile picture of hwkn
Profile picture of mgarciaisaia
Profile picture of two4fun111
Profile picture of Chris

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!