Epic Stones Clusterf*cks

• August 13, 2015 at 6:47 pm #13206
    Nikkei
    Participant

This one is actually rather benign. Keith starts a fret too high, immediately notices and stops the song. He doesn’t stop Ronnie, though. They carry the mojo all the way

August 13, 2015 at 6:48 pm #13207
    Breath
    Participant

the night in NYC ’98 when they played a rousing rendition of When the Respectable Whip Comes Down, with half the band playing one song and the other half another….

August 13, 2015 at 6:50 pm #13209
    Nikkei
    Participant

2005-10-10 Philadelphia. Keith plays IORR while the band plays Satisfaction. He doesn’t recover until halfway through the song. Is there anything else that compares?

Attachments:
    August 13, 2015 at 6:55 pm #13217
    munichhilton
    Participant

This is an outrage

If this is just gonna be a pick on Keith thread you two should be ashamed of hiding the true thread title
    I am aware both of you are incapable of feeling shame but I mean it dammit

moderate please

August 13, 2015 at 6:58 pm #13218
    Breath
    Participant

This is an outrage

If this is just gonna be a pick on Keith thread you two should be ashamed of hiding the true thread title
    I am aware both of you are incapable of feeling shame but I mean it dammit

moderate please

bernard’s the reason. easy, big boy…

August 13, 2015 at 7:01 pm #13221
    Nikkei
    Participant

the night in NYC ’98 when they played a rousing rendition of When the Respectable Whip Comes Down, with half the band playing one song and the other half another….

boot or it didn’t happen

August 13, 2015 at 7:03 pm #13222
    munichhilton
    Participant

Just trying to infuse some much needed drama…hey what about a nice clear Bill screw up?
    Or Charlie completely lost on Sway’s bridge in Austin….any of those?

August 13, 2015 at 7:19 pm #13231
    Breath
    Participant

boot or it didn’t happen

real men don’t boot.

August 13, 2015 at 7:20 pm #13232
    Breath
    Participant

Just trying to infuse some much needed drama…hey what about a nice clear Bill screw up?

bernard….and….again bernard. bernard needs to go.

August 13, 2015 at 7:30 pm #13237
    jasona93
    Participant

One of my top 5 songs, first stones show, a beautiful hot mess.

August 13, 2015 at 7:31 pm #13239
    munichhilton
    Participant

bernard….and….again bernard. bernard needs to go.

Does Chuck stay?
    Damn you like Chuck’s smile don’t you…its similar to Drakes
    All Knowing

August 13, 2015 at 7:34 pm #13242
    Nikkei
    Participant

3:22 Try to work Bernard into that one

August 13, 2015 at 7:42 pm #13244
    OldSoul
    Participant

<iframe width=”1480″ height=”833″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ma1Ff8twPoI?feature=oembed&wmode=transparent” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” wmode=”Opaque”></iframe>

Case in point for why there should be no backup, at least not on unnecessary songs. Mick could’ve pulled off skipping the first verse. He did stuff like that plenty in the 70s. Or they at least should’ve realized he was singing the second verse and followed. But I don’t know, maybe they eventually fixed it. I stopped listening at the minute mark.

The sunshine bores the daylights out of me.

August 13, 2015 at 7:57 pm #13251
    Naturalust
    Participant

Any recent version of Gimme Shelter by Lisa Fisher featuring The Rolling Stones pretty much qualifies.

That version of Rocks Off Jason posted above was truly a mess, surprised that didn’t traumatize them into dropping the song from all future performances. Wow

August 13, 2015 at 7:59 pm #13252
    Nikkei
    Participant

Any recent version of Gimme Shelter by Lisa Fisher featuring The Rolling Stones pretty much qualifies.

you’re really hammerin that point home, man

August 13, 2015 at 8:07 pm #13260
    sonomastone
    Participant

Why are we limiting ourselves to specific concerts, or songs? Isn’t the answer to the question posted in the title the entire decade of the 80s? Can you imagine a highlight film of that? Let’s Work, She’s So Cold posted by Nikkei, Let it Bleed from Philadelphia in ’81, Winning Ugly, State of Shock, Rock and a Hard Place live….. my god.

August 13, 2015 at 8:09 pm #13261
    jasona93
    Participant

<iframe width=”1480″ height=”833″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ma1Ff8twPoI?feature=oembed&wmode=transparent” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”” wmode=”Opaque”></iframe>

Case in point for why there should be no backup, at least not on unnecessary songs. Mick could’ve pulled off skipping the first verse. He did stuff like that plenty in the 70s. Or they at least should’ve realized he was singing the second verse and followed. But I don’t know, maybe they eventually fixed it. I stopped listening at the minute mark.

The did eventually get it back on the rails. Took a little over 2 minutes.

August 13, 2015 at 8:09 pm #13262
    stonesfan
    Participant

Keith’s guitar was out of tune on SMU in Raleigh 2015. Ronnie covered perfectly for him while KR changed 5 string teles.
    Sec E Row 4 Seat 7

August 13, 2015 at 8:18 pm #13270
    Nikkei
    Participant

Yes that was a Pierre fuckup. What can you do with a detuned guitar afterall.

August 13, 2015 at 8:20 pm #13274
    sonomastone
    Participant

Keith’s guitar was out of tune on SMU in Raleigh 2015. Ronnie covered perfectly for him while KR changed 5 string teles.
    Sec E Row 4 Seat 7

Wait a second…. Keith noticed? Something doesn’t sound right.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Registered Users
Forums
Topics
Replies
Topic Tags

Mission Statement

This forum is dedicated to an open discussion of all things Rolling Stones.  From new fans to hardcore veterans, everyone is welcome.  Forum is moderated lightly.  The golden rule is in effect. Let the discussions run rampant, as long as personal insults stay at the door!