• October 6, 2015 at 9:39 pm #22802
    The Gruff Man
    Participant

In a batch of vinyl LPs that my uncle gave me when I helped me clean out his place was a mysterious 12″ disk in a plain paper envelope. The label says “Impact Record Sales Limited Test Pressing” and the serial number etched into the inner ring is STRS 804501, which corresponds to the Rolling Stones Record serial no. for Emotional Rescue. The album sure sounds like Emotional Rescue and it’s in pretty nice condition. If anybody out there is interested, I’ve thrown it up on eBay. Here’s the URL:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rolling-Stones-Emotional-Rescue-Vinyl-LP-test-pressing-extremely-rare/231763008038

Thanks

gruffman

Attachments:
    October 7, 2015 at 12:33 am #22808
    D
    Keymaster

Very very cool…  Can you give us any more information on it?  I am sure there are collectors out there who would love to have an original test pressing.  Personally I am curious if it is one for one Emotional Rescue, or if there are any changes from this to the official release.  Even tiny things such as the overall mix can be very fun to hear, and increase the value greatly.

Any idea if this is 1:1 what was officially released?  Very cool find!

October 7, 2015 at 9:46 pm #22921
    The Gruff Man
    Participant

A little bit more background…I played the album through. It seems to be track for track the same as the released version, so unfortunately no alternate takes. However, it’s in fine shape, and I haven’t heard of another one being out there in the market. Thanks for your interest!

November 30, 2015 at 8:51 pm #29909
    The Gruff Man
    Participant

So, anyhow, just so you guys can compare for yourself, I’m including a commercial copy (Cdn. pressing) of Emotional Rescue if you buy the test pressing. If you are interested, please check out the whole package at the current ebay URL:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rolling-Stones-Emotional-Rescue-Vinyl-LP-test-pressing-extremely-rare/231763008038

Attachments:
    December 7, 2015 at 10:04 pm #30552
    The Gruff Man
    Participant

Ok, guys, this puppy is sold. Will be back when I’ve got some more great Stones stuff!

December 8, 2015 at 3:52 am #30560
    Naturalust
    Participant

Ok, guys, this puppy is sold. Will be back when I’ve got some more great Stones stuff!

Good for you. Did you get the $450 CD you were asking for? Thanks

December 8, 2015 at 5:19 am #30561
    The Gruff Man
    Participant

It went for nearly that much. Don’t really know how it ended up in my uncle’s collection. He’s more of a classical music fan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.