• October 12, 2015 at 8:29 pm #23642
    CR
    Participant

Motivated by Cocaine Eyes idea of talking about the Stones’ history, I think this is very interesting to start with.

It’s not really new but there’s always somebody who possibly haven’t heard this before: a recording of the Blues Incorporated set for BBC Jazz Club in July 12, 1962. Yes, the very same day when the boys were playing their first concert as The Rolling Stones at the Marquee Club. This is probably one of the first known recordings of Charlie Watts.

A huge thank you to Deltics for posting this recording on YouTube.

Gonna find my way to heaven, 'cause I did my time in hell

October 12, 2015 at 8:36 pm #23644
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hi CR! I’d LOVE to see a ‘History Of The Stones’ (or some such title) here at EOMS. In my opinion, it would be an informative and unique addition to the site. Videos, posted info, newspaper articles, the whole shebang.

~CE

Rolling-Stones-1975-MJ-on-lotus-stage

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 12, 2015 at 8:49 pm #23646
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Who really is Alexis Korner? Here you have it:

~CE

October 12, 2015 at 8:57 pm #23648
    stonehearted
    Participant

Perhaps you might find interesting this mid-seventies cover of Get Off Of My Cloud as done by Alexis Korner, with a special guest appearance by Keith. If you ask me, in his thirties and forties Keith seems to have patterned his look somewhat after Alexis, because as you see from the second video below Alexis looks like the older version of Keith. In fact, Keith’s vocal styling also seems to be patterned after Alexis, as they sound similar.

And here’s a live version done with Steve Marriott in 1975.

October 12, 2015 at 9:04 pm #23649
    CR
    Participant

Here’s another nice addition:

Gonna find my way to heaven, 'cause I did my time in hell

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.