CindyC
    Participant

Pretty cool footage.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-beatles/89349

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well

October 29, 2015 at 3:47 pm #25753
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Thanks Cindy. My husband loves it and he’s a huge Lennon fan. In fact, he didn’t even believe me until I showed it to him. Too funny. :mrgreen: In my humble opinion, I feel that their presence adds the extra somethin’-somethin’ about Tara Guinness and the friendship they all had with him.

~CE 😎 

October 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm #25771
    CindyC
    Participant

They all look so young in this video and it’s sad to think that Tara had already died by then.

Did you ever read up on the story of the boys he left behind?     I think they ended up being raised by Tara’s mother and didn’t have a relationship with their mother.       I read it years ago, but if memory serves it was because of her partying lifestyle (and I don’t mean she was an addict – just part of that fun, experimental crowd) the family money on Tara’s side was able to get the best lawyers and take the kids away from her.   Very sad.

I should go back and re-read it in case I’m getting the details wrong.

October 29, 2015 at 6:45 pm #25783
    andrew t
    Participant

Donovan’s in there too, and is that Michael Nesmith in there as well?

October 30, 2015 at 11:19 am #25861
    angee
    Participant

Cin, thanks so much for that fascinating footage.

Andrew, you may be right, hard to tell who all’s in there.

Plus I didn’t know about Yoko’s peach sign celebration in Central Park for John’s 75th.

October 30, 2015 at 11:20 am #25862
    CindyC
    Participant

Yes on Mike Nesmith & Donovan.   Patti Boyd is also in there.  I think I saw Cynthia Lennon too, not sure.

October 30, 2015 at 11:37 am #25864
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Cindy, where do you think you read all that about Tara? I should Google him. The most I know is about Tara’s friendship with all of them and that Keith named his son after Tara (Tara Jo Jo Gunne). It was the death of Tara (Keith’s son) in 1976 that really sent Keith further down into the drugs. Sad, all around.

~CE 😐 

October 30, 2015 at 11:52 am #25868
    CindyC
    Participant

CE – I think I looked into it after reading Nicki’s obituary.        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/9350160/Nicky-Browne.html

October 30, 2015 at 1:02 pm #25878
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Cindy, I just looked up Tara. I’d forgotten all about A Dandy In Aspic. There’s a lot about him out there. I’ll try to put it all together and I’ll put it here, in this thread.

~CE

October 30, 2015 at 2:14 pm #25890
    CindyC
    Participant

yay – thanks CE.  I’m at work so I can’t spend too much time on it right now.

October 30, 2015 at 2:56 pm #25903
    shesarainbow
    Participant

yay – thanks CE. I’m at work so I can’t spend too much time on it right now.

Being a pro with the fake-out tabs! Hah.

October 31, 2015 at 8:54 am #25998
    Cocaine Eyes
    Participant

Hi Cindy,as promised here’s the life of Tara Browne Guinness. My Lord, I’d forgotten he died on Keith’s birthday:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Browne

~CE

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.