• February 13, 2016 at 3:55 pm #36908
    Nikkei
    Participant

By chance I stumbled upon this clip of what is likely to remain the last B-stage set the Stones will ever play. To me it’s a very interesting document as video-capable cellphones were new back then as was the whole activity of holding up phones at concerts. Watch Mick go full Madonna mode with his headset mic and note how mercilessly Charlie used to push the songs forward on the ABB tour. Actually, I find his less steady way of playing since 2012 in all its wonkiness to be more true to how the original shambolic Stones of old used to sound. Anyway, bring back the B-stage

February 13, 2016 at 4:03 pm #36909
    keefriffhards
    Participant

This is why i say they are better now. That was hard to listen too. But yes Nikkei the B stage was a great idea that’s missed,  although the sound was always weaker on the b stage for some reason. They always played interesting different older songs on the b stage too, which was great.

February 13, 2016 at 4:48 pm #36911
    Breath
    Participant

the idea was solid out of the gate – by the end, they had raped the entire concept by offering up warhorses on the b-stage. WARHORSES ON THE B-STAGE! Is it any wonder I hate the fucking rolling stones?

February 14, 2016 at 7:40 am #36976
    GasLightStreet
    Participant

I knew the Stones had staying power, but I didn’t expect them to be playing live in 20007.

February 14, 2016 at 9:18 am #36988
    munichhilton
    Participant

I knew the Stones had staying power, but I didn’t expect them to be playing live in 20007.

…and releasing new music…20,007 is gonna be the best tour ever…

February 15, 2016 at 12:07 pm #37104
    Marianita
    Participant

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

February 15, 2016 at 12:13 pm #37105
    D
    Keymaster

@marianita thats one of my favorites.  It seems as though they forgot how much fun it is for US to hear those ‘rare’ songs.  97-03 was the pinnacle of the bstage.  Nowhere else in the setlist could you potentially hear Little Queenie, Stray Cat Blues, Manish Boy, Whip, etc…

February 15, 2016 at 12:25 pm #37107
    Marianita
    Participant

Agree Drake. I Wonder why they dont play more of these numbers nowadays. wish they could go back a little more to their routs. I want some chuck berry numbers played, i dont care too much for “you got me rocking”, we got enough of the hey hey heys in satisfaction. At least they can do “get off of my cloud” if they have to get some more hey heys songs in the setlist

Don't you think it's sometimes wise not to grow up?

February 15, 2016 at 1:24 pm #37165
    keefriffhards
    Participant

<iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/6XWd_z-VoiM?feature=oembed&wmode=transparent” width=”1110″ height=”624″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

Keef was better on coke, and this is proof lol. Why don’t the stones realise SA is the place to try out anything because that crowd can make anything work, What a missed opportunity , this is the time to mix up the setlist. .

February 22, 2016 at 2:58 pm #38123
    Nikkei
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.