October 11, 2017 at 3:34 pm #71187
tauk
Participant

This one’s got a very “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” vibe, at least to my ears: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-bob-dylans-lost-gospel-song-making-a-liar-out-of-me-w507517

Strongbeach: Thanks for this info & video. I had the 3 studio released albums of the gospel period on vinyl back when they came out 1979-81. But then, in 1981,  I lent them to a friend who moved to Chicago with her drug addict boyfriend and she took these 3 albums with her. She came home one day to find absolutely everything inside the apt gone-he sold everything they had in one day. I often wondered if anyone in possession of my Dylan gospel albums ever listened to them.  😕

I didn’t know there were any bootlegs of other material, or any other material of any type from this period. I just thought there were the 3 albums, “Slow Train Coming”, “Saved”, and “Shot of Love” So, of course, I have them on CD now…I’d love to get this “8 CD plus DVD” when it comes out. That sounds like a whole lotta music.

O.K.. I’m getting myself schooled now about this– on YT just now I found this…outtakes from this period

Live version of the first single heard on radio from “Slow Train Coming” 1979 album

Live version from 2nd gospel period album, “Saved” 1980 “Pressing On”

Alternate (Live I think) version of the album’s title song from “Shot of Love” 1981 from Toronto I believe.

"The Tauk Abides" (inspired from "The Big Lebowski" film-Jeff Bridges' last line)

'I need a..I need a bohemian atmosphere" ("Performance" Warner Brothers film)